Tsc - Pegnitztalbahn Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 25, 2023.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Ok, but VERY PLEASE make some focus on French railways - need some non-High Speed Route)

3. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Would have been very interesting if it included the Marktredwitz to Cheb section which would have brought in a lot of Czech support. Bayreuth is on the route to Hof and the former internal border not en route to CZ.

4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The article is incorrect; the BR612 is already in TS and available on Steam, but was made by RSSLO and will probably end up being far better than what DTG are making. That said the new one seems like the TSW model which seems better looking than the RSSLO version, but we'll have to wait and see.

The 612 will likely be classic DTG - good looking, not much substance. Like the BR232. And the LNER HST. And TSW.
    They have actually said they'll be making more French routes, but only when pigs start flying.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  5. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

As german/austrian/swiss routes is what has my interest, this is autobuy.

6. kaltner.manuel

kaltner.manuel Member

was will man mit französischen Strecken interessiert keine Sau, ist schon gut so das sie mehr deutsche Strecken bauen

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

All those moaners... if you're not interested in that route why comment?

Appreciate all new content for the old TSC. Thanks DTG!

• Like Like x 5
  8. kaltner.manuel

kaltner.manuel Member

richtig

9. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

I’m not moaning, I welcome the route but in the spiel it clearly states the Czech element and It has none if it goes to Bayreuth.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

Oh come on, another one German route...

Don't you like picteresque mountain routes? Just try to ride Bulgarian Rhodope railway (narrow gauge)...

11. 878606

878606 Member

To the people not liking the DTG release and saying "ohhh another german route" remember DTG have to obtain licenses to publish dlc on Steam don't forget that, so for now as a business they make content where they do have license at the end of the day they are a business and need to survive, if they haven't published another country dlc is because they can't...

12. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

I don't think Rivet Games has any licenses to create branded rolling stock and routes. It depends from brand owner's ambitions.

13. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Ideally, they are just playing the route extension business model and they actually plan to introduce a DLC.
    They have, after all, recently released the Stadler Eurodual. Not sure how much a success that was, hopefully happy enough. (The livery is a bit bland.)
    So as a starting point we get a 80km route, borderline short but two extension options, a standard experience as far as signaling goes.

Maybe, reading the recent feedback on releases, they also wanted to be consistent. I'm sure they could have added the Czech section but then we'd see the endless moan about not having certain rolling stock, not in appropriate quality, now invading a 3rd party, I don't know.

I have DLC for 50 years so I'll likely pass, but looks decent enough at first glance.
    The game sorely needs a better shader though. Matte paint on Hagen-Siegen is okay, but some reflections / gloss would be nice at this point.

14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

You can’t use a brand commercially without i license. I don’t think Rivet Games is into breaking the laws of cooyright.

15. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on this one... It´s nearly been a year since the last german route. To be honest, I was really hoping for something to close the gap between Offenburg and Freiburg. I think this a route DTG should consider for the future. With the all the other routes on Steam, it would allow for full IC/ICE drives from Basel to Frankfurt and even Cologne with multiple part scenarios! How awesome would that be?

But Pegnitz ist definitly also an interesting one. If the BR 612 was ported from TSW, I really hope that they brought the developers on board to create the same type of sound, physics and functionality from the TSW version! It´s a really great DMU on TSW, please bring it up to the same type of standards in TS classic and make the RSSLO Version forgotten.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  16. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Offenburg - Freiburg? This section is boring, can live without it. Better would be something around Stuttgart, Karlsruhe - Stuttgart (you have ICE, IC, RE, RB and S-Bahn) or the "Geislinger Steige" from Stuttgart to Ulm/Augsburg. If it has to be, then with new Stuttgart ´21. But anyway its another topic.
    Back to this one: I hope this 612 becomes a good one. And a important thing: whats with the ICE-TD that should be included too? The DLC itself is from 2015. I hope they have made some improvements and updates to that old thing. As I remember the sound was not the best (in my opinion) and I´m not sure the tilting was good. Some of the ICE´s - (was it the TD or the T ?) - had no good tilting too (tilted on wrong side). However, both one´s I have very rare driven because I didn´t liked them much.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Eurodual was developed by RSSLO and just published on Steam by DTG
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2009523/Train_Simulator_Euro_BR_159_ElectroDiesel_Loco_AddOn/
    This one does not have a livery so no requirement for a license

RSSLO released the loco in Eccorail and HVLE liveries - and loads of reskins for them on RailSim.de
    https://www.rsslo.com/product/eurodual_eccorail/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. triznya.andras

The DB Red and MEG Red-White are nice.
    Including a few liveries used to be the norm, even if unbranded. (Like the DB Schenker Class 37.) Adds variety, too.
    It could look okay - I was surprisingly satisfied by the Regional Railways livery of Class 158 - so could be the rendering quality of the store pictures. If you have it, maybe post a few in the screenies thread :)

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't have the RSSLO/DTG version of the Euro Dual - just the RSSLO version
    The reskins only work with the RSSLO version and not this one from DTG
    Screenshot_1 - Test Centre_51.11621-6.22398_12-00-35.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. what happen to the preview that was meant to happen this weekend didnt happen

21. triznya.andras

Certainly something. I am not entirely sure but on Thursday when checking the schedule I recall a slot during the Saturday stream which was changed to a rather useless Introduction to TS Classic one. (It can be useful for newbies but were they the audience?)

22. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Yes sorry the stream was pushed back, we will update you when we have a new date, the intro to TSC was put in as we had a intro to TSW as well on the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  23. kaltner.manuel.426

kaltner.manuel.426 New Member

I would like the route Munich-Memmingen to Lindau Reutin next. I hope this route makes it into Train Simulator Classic someday

24. yeah all good jamie i pre ordered anyway as i like my german stuff anyway thanks for the reply

25. wfb#8731

wfb#8731 New Member

DTG Jamie

Hello,

I'm really looking forward to the track. Will the stream be made up for before Thursday? Will there be a few more screenshots so you know what you're getting/buying on Thursday?

26. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Here is the preview video for Pegnitztalbahn!

• Like Like x 1
  27. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

In Stream some mistakes at the route can be found:
    1) platform at Neuhaus is not 100% parallel to track and train drives at end of platform INTO it! (Can be seen from 32:25, and at 33:15)
    2) at arrived platform in Pegnitz: it looks like the platform is not closed at side of loftobjekt (at 44:35)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  28. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

Does the BR 612 include working GNT like in TSW or not? We are still in the dark about this, because the preview was done PZB switched off.

29. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

Haha, classic for DTG's level of quality! :o Just examine LIRR , it has the same beauty!

30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That should be an existing route Allgäubahn