Other Edinburgh To Glasgow Definitive Bug List

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

*cough bethesda cough* (they have bugs that date back to 2008 in their games)

2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Indeed, that too is regrettable. The difference is that Bethesda is one of the biggest game developers in the world, and they have much more room for error than a small one like Rivet Games.

This is a niche product with very limited sales and such bad reviews for a product launch I don't think it's very beneficial for them. You can see here on the forums many gamers who were convinced to buy it out of the box (like the op) and have given up. And this translates into money, so the first to suffer is the company.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Fortunately I’ve not bought the route yet. Partly because of the delay to the PS5 release, but mainly due to the extensive list of issues and the unacceptable use of AI based timetables. I really really wanted this route and was set to make a day one purchase, but unless significantly improved, I might never buy it now - which is bad for me, bad for Rivet and bad for DTG.

It’s all in Rivet and DTG’s hands now and actions speak louder than any words.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Without wanted to get too much off topic in this thread, the timetable is actually very pleasant. You almost always arrive early (30- 60 seconds max). I think it's actually a benefit to this route.
    The ?not obviously ai? one for CCL puts me off, because it is sometimes completely unachieveable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

So I grabbed this once my internet came back tonight, and I am liking it, but for a couple of issues when streaming it for people over the last hour.

1: The audio balance. Why is the sound of the train on the opposite platform opening its doors louder, even with all my doors closed, than my own train's doors opening? This HAS to be a bug right?

2: Returning to free roam after completing a service spawns me underneath the floor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Same, i was gona get it day 1 as its a local route to me. Watched the preview stream on tuesday and was like, WHAT is this. Then come thursday for release and came to forums and low and be hold many issues. So nope i dont think i will buy this, i might in the future depending on what i read on here regarding issues.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Princess Entrapta

Those door opening sounds from other trains are so loud that I have taken to muting my headphones any time I pull up at a station at the same time as another train. The 385 is feeling VERY much like the LIRR M3 all over again. But unlike the M3, you cannot just simply delete the loco from the route and play without it until it's fixed.

(Speaking of, it's been 10 months since we got the Harlem Line, and still no word on going back and updating the LIRR M3 audio issues with some of the fixes from its newer counterpart?)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

inside the cab I want the top left lcd monitor reflection flicker gone
    the right lcd is ok
    it is very distracting

9. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Yes I know that you can’t press the door but need to press the key hole. This works fine on the drivers side but not on the second man’s side.

10. TrainsMag795

TrainsMag795 Member

Please Rivet, help us out with fixing whatever you can. It would be greatly appreciated and a win for all involved.

• Like Like x 5
  11. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I can assure you of one thing as a fellow train enthusiast and tsw3 fan I collected a vast amount of feedback alongside others which I both sent DTG and to rivet I’m 110% with you on this as stripping bugs out I think we have best tsw3 route

• Like Like x 3
  12. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

- All the door buttons show open doors, none close doors.
    - Master key is way too big.
    - Tracks covered by grass in some places

• Like Like x 1
  13. Koranion

Koranion New Member

Just found out that for some unknown reason you cannot use the second overpass at the end of Croy station in Edinburgh direction, no idea why this should not work. Probably an issue too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

The OHLE is floating at Falkirk High

• Like Like x 2
  15. Koranion

Koranion New Member

I think it is an old and general PIS issue but on the station PIS boards "Edinburgh Waverley" just appears cut off, should be fixed nevertheless and for all routes (including UK and German ones), sadly that it also occurs here.

16. ExcelsiorGamingYT

ExcelsiorGamingYT Well-Known Member

For me on console (Series X) the TMS is so fiddly trying to get the cursor to what you want quick is impossible, stations in complete pitch black darkness, the sound in the cab is deafening, as well as the insanely loud door beeping, the power handle is like trying to activate a 50 year old pinball machine and don't get me started on the brakes I literally have to be on like 80% to get any form of braking started, they are shockingly awful!! This should never of been released in this state, I love the route but the bugs are putting me off playing it as I'm not enjoying it due to all the issues especially the brakes and tms. I think this will be my last route until dovetail get there act together. This whole release something and fix it later culture is just ruining the reputations of games companies. That's my rant over

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

The environment is a personal computer
    Drive from Edinburgh to Glasgow in a custom scenario Points that caught my attention

・The electric wire of the high-voltage tower is missing in the scenery from the Edinburgh side not clear in two places
    ・Electrical poles on the road next to the tracks are also missing
    ・The notation type of the oblique line that foretells the signal should be an LED type, but it is clearly dark
    ・Part of the AI car is an animation of drifting at the roundabout in front of the station
    ・The traffic light before entering Glasgow is round and dazzling

18. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

whatever’s going on here ain’t normal E54FEFF8-EB35-4BD4-871D-9A0E3E7E337F.png

• Like Like x 5
  19. Princess Entrapta

I swear I am starting to get so used to TSW3's quirks that I didn't even think to mention how the train, tracks, catenary and signals fluoresce neon turquoise for a while after entering a tunnel.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Main list updated to this point with 40 bugs/issues found so far.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. olly.smail

quite embarrassing tbh:|

• Like Like x 3
  22. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I really don't get why so many people still buy DLCs instantly. You should all know by now how this works. Buggy DLC gets released, at least half the broken stuff never gets fixed...next buggy DLC gets released.
    As long as most of the players here don't vote with their wallet nothing will change ;)

• Like Like x 5
  23. olly.smail

yes but, 40 isn’t usual and is just unacceptable

24. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

At least a few people have to buy it to point out the issues and let us know if it's a route worth buying or not

• Like Like x 2
  25. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who has restored and repaired 50 year old (and older) pinball machines, they usually start up just fine unless they've been stored in a very bad environment. Those machines weren't necessarily intended to last for decades, but they were built to.

26. Princess Entrapta

Don't get me started on some of the utter trash we have these days. Nothing's built to last now. I have forty year old gaming tech in my house that's still going strong while I need to replace my XBox controllers every two years for stick drift.
    Part of the reason I got my Ayaneo 2 was it using hall effect sticks like the Dreamcast, the console famous for never in 20 years of use developing a drift problem.

27. trainboi#7974

trainboi#7974 New Member

Sounds are very inaccurate , run sounds and traction motors

• Like Like x 1
  28. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

This is it? Enjoy your 35€ for this!

29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No money has been paid by me. I haven’t bought the route yet and won’t be buying it until most, if not all, of the issues on this list are fixed. I really want the route but I’m absolutely steadfast in refusing to buy any future TSW DLC unless the quality is high enough. I haven’t bought the last three main DLC for this very reason.

• Like Like x 8
  30. Scotrail170

Scotrail170 Active Member

Chiming in here as a couple of bugs I've found on my runs of the route haven't been posted:

*The Signals in Haymarket Tunnels heading towards Glasgow are stuck in the wall.
    *Outside of Falkirk High heading towards Edinburgh there are some catenary wires missing.
    *There is an AWS ramp just after you climb Cowlairs Incline heading towards Bishopbriggs yet there is no signal for it, not even on the branch lines. It's right after the first signal on the UP line.

Also, I'm curious as to where Rivet got their timetable info from. Some services don't follow their real stopping pattern or use their Sunday service pattern instead. Other E-G services are just straight up missing.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The timetable is fictional based on AI timings. They haven’t used the real one.

32. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Main list updated to this point with 46 bugs/issues found so far.

NOTE: I don’t own the route.
    The list of issues/bugs posted in the OP are things other players have reported in this thread or elsewhere on the forums.

33. olly.smail

Carriage connector doors don’t have buttons and have to be closed manually which is completely unrealistic

34. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

First station sign on platform 1 at Linlithgow coming from Glasgow shows as Glasgow Queen Street, rather than Linlithgow.

35. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

After watching a cab ride of the route and comparing, I notice that the whistle boards and speed reduction boards are completley missing.

The latter are rather important for HUD-less driving

• Like Like x 4
  36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Main list updated to this point with 49 bugs/issues found so far.

I really hope this list is being looked at seriously by the powers that be. All is very quiet from Rivet & DTG other than JD saying he’s passed it on.

NOTE: I don’t own the route.
    The list of issues/bugs posted in the OP are things other players have reported in this thread or elsewhere on the forums.

• Like Like x 5
  37. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

Could you please add that there is an invisible wall at the entrance of the first tunnel leaving Edinburgh Waverley/the exit of the final tunnel approaching Edinburgh Waverley, thank you

38. Scotrail170

Scotrail170 Active Member

DVD does not need to be reset by pressing the alarm acknowledge button. Moving the throttle also resets it.

I've also noticed a lack of AWS commence/terminate signs at the mound tunnels too.

• Like Like x 1
  39. krk0445

krk0445 Member

Passengers dont use umbrellas when its raining. So an another basic Tsw3 feature missing from this route. Also 90% of the elevators are unusable. Why was this even a selling point? There are only 3 working elevators on the entire route.

• Like Like x 1
  40. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi all, while it is useful to have a summary of players observations, we still need individual reports with specific examples to give internal teams something to look for. The forum is difficult to do this in because reports can get lost in the middle of other conversations. Submitting a support ticket is the best way to do this.

Missing OHLE
    Scotrail170 & pessitheghost could you provide screenshots and specific locations and platform, please?

"Stopping points not shown on every platform and are in the wrong place for certain length trains."
    We need specific examples.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  41. pessitheghost

E304D488-1F8A-4F9B-9127-2BAC3AC42537.jpeg
    OHLE missing at Haymarket (Platform 1&2)

• Like Like x 1
  42. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

No disrespect but if any of you had driven the route just once you would see. It's clear what needs to be done by reading OP. There is no difficulty because of reports getting lost in the middle of other conversations as Mattty May has already gone to the trouble of collating it for you in a single neat post.

• Like Like x 4
  43. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  44. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well having read through this thread it’s absolutely disgusting that a route, whoever it’s prod by, should be released with so many bugs/issues with the last count I spotted being 40. Knowing Rivet’s previous performance it will be months before these are addressed but you can bet they are already working on the next release.

• Like Like x 4
  45. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Ive just brought the route on xbox one and realised there's a few bugs certainly at Edinburgh Waverley Station as when you go down the platforms the benches disappear aswell as the pillars on one of the platforms. You also can't walk around the whole station as some of the platforms I think its 1 to 5 you can only go halfway down them was this supposed to be the case or should you be able to walk around the whole station?

I'm not one to complain normally but with what I've seen with the problems I've mentioned I'm a bit disappointed in Rivet to be honest and I was really looking forward to playing this route

46. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

that’s as intended (unfortunately nonetheless) for the station at the other end to be inaccessible.

I don’t 100% know why they did this tbh, it seems modelled to degree, quite further passed where I’ve seen the invisible wall….

47. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I've also just found another bug possibly but when you are walking around Eastfield Depot you can get underneath the metal fence on the right hand side and walk around the other side of the metal fence for quite a bit in one direction its just after where you spawn in on foot

48. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

All three achievements now work (at least on Steam). But if tasks for the achievements have already been completed,
    it is still necessary to create a second profile, otherwise the achievements will not pop up.

I also found a missing floor segment at the passenger crossing, this issue is with the bridge itself, no matter what station it is at,
    the floor segment is always missing.

20230202144301_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  49. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

There also doesn’t appear to be destinations on quite a lot of the AI trains, which we were told was included.

Is the fact that pretty much every DLC has this issue now being looked into as it has been reported several times now with no updates?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. pessitheghost

0CB610F9-AB8D-45D2-BB63-33F048E3E509.jpeg 4C0FBAF0-6B8B-4855-B792-04C250FE407C.jpeg

floating ohle at falkirk