Ap Wherry Lines Class 37 Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Today I tried to run the standard scenarios that come with the Wherry Lines add-on (I have both V1 and V2) but none of the class 37 scenarios will run and come up with missing locos etc. If I load one of the scenarios there's no loco/train.
    I have pretty much the entire AP collection and all packs were reinstalled after an issue mentioned before on here about 3rd party items not showing up in game.

I'm scratching my head here as to what could be the issue as the AP37 packs work on other routes and scenarios.
    This seems to only affect scenarios that are numbered [01] to [25] under the AP37 list.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Do a Free Roam at Norwich or Great Yarmouth with an AP37 and see if it loads properly

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The 37s load on other scenarios and quick drive etc it's just those numbered scenarios that don't load at all.
    I don't know how to fully check what is missing or causing the issue.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You do realise the default Scenarios 01-25 with the route use the Class 37 from the Settle to Carlisle route?
    The route was released before the AP Class 37 packs
    Wherry Lines.png
    Peter

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, I do have S&C installed and I do get the image in the loco select screen when selecting the scenarios but then, as above, I get the failed to load messages with missing locos and no train to play with.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Sorry I cannot think of anything else - I tried a scenario that had the S&C 37 and it worked.
    Check if you have a APWL folder in Assets\RSC\SettleCarlisle\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class37\ and the locos inside it
    Screenshot (250).png

7. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I loaded all of mine direct from AP site. My train looks different
    upload_2023-1-29_13-57-32.png
    Please note that this is a cold start Scenario

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  8. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

So it looks like Wherry Lines bought on Steam uses the Settle Carlisle 37s, and the version bought through AP uses the AP ones.

9. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

My folders show this:
    upload_2023-1-29_15-10-0.png
    The DRS Engines do not show up in Locoswap. I invested in the AP Class 37 (in fact I own ALL of the AP products) and believe them to be very worth while. Where I can I will swap out for an AP version of a locomotive/engine.
    upload_2023-1-29_15-12-0.png

Attached Files:

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not quite
    The first version bought thru AP only uses the S&C locos
    The second version of the Wherry lines uses the AP Class 37 locos.
    When the route was first released the AP Class 37s had not been released

The V1 manual for the route says this
    Screenshot (251).png

• Like Like x 1
  11. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Current supported version is 2.0! That may be the issue.

12. inversnecky

Just be aware if you upgrade to v2, the scenarios are upgraded too, meaning wagons you have might be replaced with ones you don’t, so some swapping might be on the cards.

13. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Although the WL Class 37 is based on the SC model, it does not need it. (Assets\AP\WherryLines\RailVehicles\Class37\APWL)

As I always install AP stuff to an empty RailWorks folder first to see what's happening, I'm very concerned about a Steam verification possibly messing up your AP installations.

The Wherry Lines V2 update modifies a lot of files outside of its home folder Assets\AP\WherryLines. For example some Grass textures in Kuju\RailSimulator are replaced, the GEML folder is modified, RSDL\Foliage1 is modified. These changes will be reverted if original files are affected (not those that AP puts in its own "APWL" folders though.)

After a verification rerun any AP installers you've got (these also copy the required GeoPcDx files via .bat scripts) - best to do this in the order of release dates just to rule out any conflicts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. inversnecky

More and more TS can seem like a full time job!

• Like Like x 2
  15. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

The simple solution is never run Steam verification, it royally screws everything up and should never really need to be done.

Instead, if you identify that a route is not working as advertised (I’ve only had this happen once with Settle-Carlisle) simply uninstall and reinstall that lone route via the tick box. Running verification will literally break anything that didn’t come via Steam and in some way has changed a native Steam file. Although the feature is available it ought to come with a massive health warning for games that are modded in any way outside of the Steam superstructure.

16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The issue is that Steam triggers verifications itself lately upon store transactions. Though the algorithm is not clear, it seems to happen randomly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

That’s odd, from what I can see it isn’t doing that for me as I’ve bought a few things recently & not had any problems. I can only guess therefore it’s a setting somewhere although maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  18. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

I (just once) ran across a case where multiple routes shared the same assets, namely after uninstalling Rascal & Cottonwood, I had virtually no scenery on Colton & Northern. Integrity check restored the files.

There is something said in IT - practice makes it easy. And that boring stuff should be scripted - you can pile all installer file names into a .cmd file and just run that. Even better if it has silent mode.
    If you force yourself to reinstall every so often, you'll know how and possibly improve the process, too.

19. I had a similar problem until I realised I didn't have the mk2 coach pack I think. It was something to do with a coach pack I didn't own.

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As I mentioned in post #10 if you have V1 of the Wherry Lines you do need the S&C Class 37
    Or were AP Lying in their manual?

21. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

You're right, just checking a random V1 scenario, 08. [37] 2J80 14:55 Norwich - Lowestoft

<RBlueprintSetPreLoad>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID d:id="129031416">
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">AP_Waggonz</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">Class90Pack01</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID d:id="129031424">
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">RSC</Provider>

<Product d:type="cDeltaString">SettleCarlisle</Product>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID d:id="129031432">
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">JustTrains</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">Class153</Product>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID d:id="129031440">
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">AP</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">Common</Product>
    </RBlueprintSetPreLoad>

The Steam Store page does not list these requirements unfortunately.

22. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Plus.... back up your Railworks folder. Just make a complete copy of it (assuming all is well with it) on another device. If anything goes wrong, just hose everything, and replace it from your back up.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Would someone be able to check the full list of assets for those numbered scenarios?
    I'm beginning to think they use something that I either haven't got or it has been misplaced/mis-referenced.

24. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just check them with LocoSwap. Or look at the the bottom part of each ScenarioProperties.xml.

25. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I've mirrored changed files only - the Assets and Contents trees containing only my modified stuff. (2GB so far). Matter of seconds to restore everything.

26. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Reading your question again, if you run Locoswap you should be able to see the scenarios. If the 25 scenarios are not shown in Locoswap you have a different problem. Find your Scenario and view the assets needed. It should be apparent from this what is missing (if any). I only have AP downloaded scenarios, mainly using folder \Assets\AP\Class37Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class37\.

You can find the listing of the scenarios on my WEB page: https://sites.google.com/view/trainsimulatorcontent/uk-routes/wherry-lines

Respectfully