Thunderstruck

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by philwest#7393, Jan 28, 2023.

1. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Playing TSW3 Birmingham Cross City, Thunderstruck on PS5.
    Having coupled to the failed train and entered the carriage I am being told to open the cabinet to isolate the pantograph, the only problem is, there doesn’t appear to be a cabinet to open! Can anyone help?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Did you turn on objective/scenario markers?

3. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Thanks for the help. I’ve turned them both on, the cabinet is now indicated but it won’t open, is this a bug?

4. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I have now checked the manual which shows the inside of the cabinet in coach “B”, I go to the cabinet but I can’t open it!

5. rennekton#1349

So it doesn't give you the prompt to open it when you hover on top? Try using the video below which was the preview livestream. The time is 54:20.

6. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Thank you for all of your help, I have now completed this scenario.
    Just a couple of things though, after coupling to the failed unit I would have expected to couple electrically as well, as this didn’t happen, how did I get power when driving from the failed unit? Just something for DTG to look at maybe!

7. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

That could be as designed. When rescuing a failed train (epically one with an electrical fault) sometimes you don't connect electronically, just physically. This is just incase the fault transfers to the "healthy" unit. Just seen that you were driving it from the failed unit. In that case ignore what I've just said.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

Probably cuz the rear powered units are pushing it. Power will still be available since it's still connected to the pantograph and the wire connections but you'll have slower acceleration

9. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

From memory, the only way for this to work would be to propel from the powered unit, this would of course mean that there would need to be a member of staff in the leading cab, in real life this would be the driver, who could then use hand signals to guide the assisting driver.

10. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Just played this excellent scenario yesterday, and it was pretty atmospheric. I too was wondering how I was able to drive from the failed unit end with the pantograph down, so apparently there is some sort of a connection through to the working units. One thing I did notice was that the destination indicator on the train said Longbridge rather than Bromsgrove (the intended destination), which was a bit of a giveaway as to the scenario outcome. Presumably the driver has powers which enable him/her to see into the future! :cool:

11. shredder

shredder Member

Had a nightmare trying to figure out how to propel the failed unit myself. Couldn’t get the power box on the HUD out of the red (into the white). Tried everything, and ultimately it ended with me releasing the breaks in the original unit and not being allowed to reapply them. Slowly began rolling back to the city.