Edinburgh To Glasgow Enhancement Pack

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by londonmidland, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

These mods are incredible and make the route seem so much better.
    I'm not on PC but the changes you guys make to things are much needed because the quality of TSW seems to be going downhill.
    I rarely play TSW now and have gone back to TSC.

These mods need to be officially integrated into TSW so that everyone can benefit. However, that would mean that DTG etc would rely on modders to make their game better and that ain't right.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Genuinely who signed off that those original lights were ok?? Shockingly bad.

• Like Like x 3
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Some more fixes. Passenger information screen station names fixed, so they no longer go off the screen.

1E807163-21F8-4CCF-9492-D33683062045.jpeg AA6E329C-B6DF-47EF-89E2-0F9B6768FD7E.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There will be a sound mod

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ.

The lighting is always poor in TSW, but these comparisons are staggering - and all for an hours work?

I really don’t understand how stuff like this gets missed, but time is being spent on moths and working lifts…

• Like Like x 8
  6. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

You need to edit the blueprint assets to enable the CastShadows. (The fastest way is to export to JSON and then replace the False to True.)

And not all the pointlights have to be enabled, but it's a lot more work finding the ones you want (Editor > Position)

Screenshot3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Cygnific

In defense for Rivet, i'm sure they have to follow guidelines made by DTG (performance on the lowest spec, like old gen consoles)

8. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Perhaps they do, but that is simply changing some numbers to increase the intensity of the lighting. It took less than an hour without access to the proper editing tools.

One of two things is happening here; either what many of us have long suspected is actually true, and the game is being intentionally borked to allow it to run on ancient consoles, or some of the staff are just not very good at their job. No matter how hard I try I cannot square the circle of someone finishing Waverley station (and the signals for that matter), looking at the intensity of the lighting and the overall look of the scene and thinking ‘good job lad, you deserve a beer tonight’. Without putting too finer point on it it’s just not very good. Let’s give beta/QA the benefit of the doubt and say they raised the fact that everything is FAR too dark, that means someone in a senior position has decided that that is good enough and sanctioned it’s release, whether that be at Rivet, DTG or both.

Additionally, this route is on Rivet’s doorstep FFS, it’s hardly like they’ll have struggled for reference material. They MUST have gone to Waverley at night, and they must know what it looks like.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

But simply changes in light strength/color, like LondonMidland did, won't have any impact on performance.

Shadow casting is another thing, that makes sense to have turned off.

10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Speechless, just wow and amazing. It must be lot of work, and we as the community really appreciate all your hard work londonmidland along with all the others who contributed to making the game the Best :o;):D:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  11. cant wait for this mod as always the uk god of enhancement packs

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

LM, as you do this great work, we wait patiently for it's release.

13. Cygnific

We dont know how their releases are made, seperate or just one package with system specific configuration files. Looking at the releases, they are made for the lowest spec from the start. (lighting, low poly assets, textures)

I did notice the lack of normal maps in this route, but that didn't happen this much on the previous routes. Using normal maps for stuff closeby should be mandatory tbh. It looks already dull and without normalmaps it looks even worse.

Also, i'm not saying Rivet isn't part of the problem, but they are a outside dev and probably have strict rules.

14. Cygnific

We dont really know how much of an impact all these changes have on old gen consoles. I dont have a Devkit anymore so no way to check what does and doesn't cause a problem, but the big stations are for sure a issue. Again, not talking right what is wrong. But Rivet isn't the only one to blame here, DTG is the publisher and they okay this stuff.

15. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Shifting this thread into the Creation Centre as it better suits being in that area :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

It's realistic though - I'd rather depressing and realism then all sunshine and rainbows then unrealism personally.

17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Heh, I reckon technical issues would be a better place.

• Like Like x 6
  18. londonmidland

Some more lighting fixes planned for tonight - keep an eye out!

• Like Like x 2
  19. londonmidland

Thanks! I really enjoy doing these enhancement packs and the wait will definitely be worth it :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Amazing work you do. thank you for making this route much better. They need hire you to look at the routes before they release it.

21. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Would that make it possible to add shadows to other assets that don't cast shadows on other routes? For example parked cars, some trees next to the track and other super-out-of-place assets ?

22. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

End of the matter is, it's political, and it has no place in a train simulator.

• Like Like x 2
  23. londonmidland

Don’t worry, it’s been replaced with the Met Office weather template, as posted back then.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Cygnific

When I tried this a while ago it didn't work by just enabling it on the uasset (some bCanCastShadow value) maybe a value in the map layers also needs to be enabled.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. nhilsubsolenovum

nhilsubsolenovum Active Member

This needs shifting onto the boss' desk as a matter of urgency. This guy is making a mockery of you all (in his own time).

• Like Like x 4
  26. Cygnific

The 'boss' will shift it right into the bin. They obviously dont care much about the product, and if they do they need to act like it. I really hope that other sim shakes them up a bit, because it has a lot of good things many people want.

• Like Like x 3
  27. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Good evening everyone I'd thought I've give some updates to the 385 yet again (and hopefully for the last time!)

All the 385 interiors now have corrected close buttons where appropriate and I've also mixed some of the posters in each coach so you sorta get a bit of variety instead of having them in the exact same order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next update I shall hopefully do some changes to the route itself as well as some of the vehicles.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 7
  28. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

SprattyHeath I would like to also thank you for your contributions - do you have a page to accept small donations similar to the link in londonmidland's signature?

29. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

lovely work, although i won’t be able to get the pack as i’m on console, i’m sure other players on pc will definitely appreciate these little additions/fixes

• Like Like x 1
  30. olly.smail

does this mean you’ll be able to make the lights actually emit light rather than it looking like it’s bleeding through the ceiling? that would be a massive improvement if so

31. JetWash

Just a suggestion, as I know how much you guys put into this, have you thought about maybe charging for these ‘enhancement packs’? Maybe £3.99 or something with a free ‘branding patch’?

If you’re going to generate sales and therefore revenue for DTG you deserve some of the pie in my opinion. There will undoubtably be people who buy this DLC because of the work being done by the two of you (and the likes of bescot who has done some amazing stuff as well). It’s how AP got started after all.

Just a thought.

32. SprattyHeath

That's not really something we'd ever think about doing because we'd be profiting on meshes/textures & possibly sounds that aren't ours and might get into serious trouble for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. SprattyHeath

Hi there, wow what a lovely gesture of yours that's made my evening!

I haven't actually got a donations page set up, never really thought about one but I'd be happy to set one up if you'd like to send a small donation towards my contributions it really means a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  34. SprattyHeath

Unfortunately I don't know how to do that at the moment as it probably involves using the editor which I don't currently have installed, sorry :(

• Like Like x 1
  35. JetWash

Perhaps the meshes etc yes, but AP alter and change textures and have no issue. They also alter models right? It’s not a massive leap to start looking at sounds over and above changing lighting etc. I’ve done a few of these things and know they take some time to do so I think you guys deserve some reward for it, that’s all. You’re making money for DTG after all, why should they be the winner in this?

36. SprattyHeath

It's really thoughtful of you but I don't think the TSC site currently supports payware content and I don't think it would be right profiteering off of contributions we just do in our spare times, I just feel like it's being a bit greedy.

In my opinion everyone should be able to use our mods without paying a single penny at all, just by them downloading the mods, showing them off in their screenshots and giving us a quick thanks already means a lot!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  37. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I can't wait to be back on my PC in March to show your mod on youtube! :)

38. anarchy99

Think you should absolutely set up a page so that the community can make voluntary donations

39. JetWash

I get it. It just bugs the hell out of me that I see history repeating itself. DTG release half-arsed content knowing someone else will come along and fix it. They win because people have to buy their product for the ‘enhancement’ to work. Good example, I recently bought the 700 for TSC. It’s an absolute abomination, properly disgraceful, but to get the AP EP which is very nice indeed I have to buy it. It makes me sick to be honest.

I believe it’s an intentional business model, and they are profiting from other peoples work. I feel it’s got to the point that you guys are now making such a difference that you deserve some reward for it. This DLC looks like utter dog****, yet with your changes and a potential sound mod in the offing it will sell. Don’t underestimate yourselves is all I’m saying but if it’s not for you then fair enough. Hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  40. londonmidland

Hey guys. Regarding any donations, please send me and SprattyHeath a private message.

The easiest way contributing to a voluntary donation of your chosen amount would be via PayPal. Details will be discussed privately, as mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  41. SprattyHeath

As londonmidland has mentioned above I have now included a PayPal.me link in my signature below, thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 3
  42. anarchy99

Done :)

• Like Like x 1
  43. londonmidland

Afternoon guys.
    The Enhancement Pack shouldn't be too far off completion now. Just got a few things to tweak here and there. [​IMG]

upload_2023-2-1_15-52-32.png
    upload_2023-2-1_15-52-18.png

• Like Like x 12
  44. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

Amazing work you are the best thank you

45. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

very nice looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
  46. londonmidland

Evening guys,

Just another 'nice to have' feature added from me - the lamps/LEDs of the lights are now appropriately coloured to the source of the light they are emitting, instead of them all being one colour for everything. [​IMG]

upload_2023-2-2_18-13-37.png
    upload_2023-2-2_18-14-6.png

• Like Like x 16
  47. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

LM, you are amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  48. olly.smail

have you had a chance to look at the interior lights on the 385? the actual lights them self don’t appear to emit light, it just seems like it bleeds through the ceiling

49. londonmidland

I don't think I can change the light locations but I'm looking at other options to make the 385 look a bit less sterile and 'flat' looking.

• Like Like x 1
  50. londonmidland

Fixed the previously unfinished barrier signs at Glasgow Queen Street, which were just blank/switched off before, as they weren’t set up correctly.

These are now fully functional and actually light up (they aren't just a texture)

Also have a bit of CCTV branding and weathering... ;)

upload_2023-2-3_1-32-33.png
    upload_2023-2-3_1-39-27.png
    upload_2023-2-3_1-32-47.png

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 10