Sehs Framerate Is Awful

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Yes, me again, making trouble. SEHS extended has apalling fram rate. It constantly stutters. This would have been an excellent extension had this not been an issue. How was released in such a state? Yes, I'm yet again complaining. I wouldn't have to if DTG knew what they are doing! I appreciate folks are sick of my complaining. I will not stop until age old bugs are fixed. None of this submit a ticket bs either, as that has not worked.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roggek

roggek Active Member

And since we don't know, which platform you use (and your hardware specifications) we call it a rant...
    You could at least have tagged your post!

• Like Like x 1
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

As said above we need a few details of your platform as I have been playing in on my series s xbox recently and it is rather smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

On some parts of the route, you'll get some poor performance and stutters but not everywhere. I play on a low end system and have also played with an external gpu and it's been smooth for the majority of the route. From what you're saying, it seems like have fps issues across the whole route so where in particular are you having these issues? Since it's been smooth for me most of the time

5. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

That's LOVE rude and obnoxious

• Like Like x 1
  6. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

So which platform are you on mate?

• Like Like x 2
  7. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

You need to say which platform you are on mate!
    This is like going to a mechanic and telling him your engines broken but not the car model and specs!

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From the tone of the post it appears he is on a Soapbox 1.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m finding it alright on PS5. There are places where it stutters, but it hasn’t spoiled my enjoyment. Recently completed all the scenarios on the route including for the RHTT ones and loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. roggek

roggek Active Member

No, it's constructive criticism...
    You haven't yet explained which platform you play on, just ranting, so i guess this thread is going to the bin...

• Like Like x 2
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Play SEHS a lot. No issues. Might be an issue your end, but without more details we can't recreate.
    Suggest listening to people on the forum trying to help you rather than breaking the forum rules which is likely to get you blocked or banned

• Like Like x 1
  12. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

My PS4 is clunky at times but generally manages ok. However I did have an odd situation were I was driving through Ebbsfleet (non stop from Ashford to St Pancras) and the station and rail tracks just disappeared. Haven't formally reported but thought i'd mention to see if it has happened to anyone else??

13. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

Ive given up with it on PC and uninstalled. Its a much better experience on XSX. The graphics on PC are utterly dreadful for the amount of stutter you get. Awful.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

That's likely to be your PC rather than the game, since other forum users have reported getting 100+fps with not much stutter on a powerful rig

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Please post your PC specs.
    I get a steady (limited) 50FPS even at Victoria on a busy day and that's with a desktop core i5, 32Gb RAM and RX580 with 8Gb on board. (ie hardly a monster)

16. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Don't forget, you also need to run a route several times at different times of day with different rolling stock to overcome the Unreal Engine shader compilation stutter. It will be omnipresent the first couple of runs of a route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

PS5 I find has more stutters than Series X. I'm preferring the experience overall on the Series X, seems much smoother.

18. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with my pc.

I can get 50-60fps with the odd dip on all ultra but I still get the staccato. The graphics are muddy and washed out though and lack sharpness. You can obviously upscale, im running at 1440 but once I do that and sharpen up the graphics the frame rate bombs. Editing the ini file helps but makes it susceptible to crashes.

To be honest im a bit disillusioned with PC gaming at the minute, the amount of messing you need to do to run a game is horrendous, even games which don't exactly have mind blowing visuals can struggle due to a multitude of factors.

I have a Ryzen 7 5800, 32GB Ram, 3060 card

19. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I recently compared them and one area I find the XSX handles better than PS5 is when there are lots of passengers around. Overall I don't find its bad on PS5 but I can see the improvement in some areas on XSX.

I think the devs need to work on their PS5 optimization, another weird thing is that the game itself takes forever to load on PS5 and opens fast on XSX. TSW3 is the only game where I've seen that issue so it seems more like a dev issue than a problem with the hardware. Been that way since launch.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

What platform are you on please? To me it sounds your either on a ps4 or Xbox one?