Spirit Of Steam - Update Observations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Jan 29, 2023.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As noted in the reply below yours, but of course without knowing the class the particular train runs at you can't set the lamps.

Edit: Abstract from one of the SIAM Traffic Control help screens. Note Through Goods (Freight) which is what I'm working is Class H so therefore subject to 35 MPH maximum. Going to be a long run to Crewe!

trainclass2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Thing I’ve noticed is that there’s some “Through goods” services that have fully fitted consists. As the train has a fully braked consist, wouldn’t this mean it can do express freight speeds or would it still be restricted to 35mph?

3. Thanks.

4. One problem I'm having is insane wheelslip, 500mph, close the regulator and the wheelslip continues for several miles, apply the brakes and nothing. Train speed remains constant until I run into an obstacle or blast thru a red light.

5. OldVern

I have had the wheelslio occurring at speed, when it shouldn't, as noted earlier in the thread but since I resumed playing with Steam not the insane variation which I did encounter in TSW2.

6. OldVern

Indeed. Which is why it's confusing and the timetable plus the maximum permitted speed on the HUD should reflect the train classification.

7. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I usually get the wheelslip around 50-55mph in the 8F unless in low adhesion conditions where it can come on anywhere between 35-45mph. The Jubilee tends to get the wheelslip markers on the HUD anywhere between 80-90mph in dry conditions.

I thought perhaps the bouncing around causes it because it almost looks like the wheels are off the track if you look close with external cam but the slip happens on other routes where the track is set to be “smoother”, I tried it on BML to test my theory but still slipped.