Contest For During The Break

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by ProfCreeptonius, Dec 16, 2018.

?
  1. A: Video-Shot contest

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. B: Trivia challenge

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. C: Driving skill contest

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

As Gascan and myself figured out, we want a different kind of competition during the screenshot competition break. I wonder, which of the options above would you like most?

A: Video-Shot contest - Instead of screenshots we do videos. There'd be special rules for permissible and non-permissible edits.
    B: Trivia contest - At an announced moment a trivia question is posed. The first complete and correct answer wins
    C: Driving Skill contest - We will create a short, yet particularly difficult scenario. You record yourself completing the scenario. We judge your performance as a driver in that scenario. This'd only work for TSXX until we get the editor.

So which of the above would you like to see? There are obviously pro's and con's to all of them:

A: For some, recording might be very difficult and the editing process can be difficult. However, the end product is highly rewarding and a compilation of all entries would certainly be amazing.
    B: The timing is the main issue here - you might not be able to attend the exact moment the question gets published. The positive side of this is that this is a very quick contest and can occur much more commonly.
    C: Installing the designated scenario and recording the gameplay might prove challenging to some. However, this is our true duty as a train driver and for the first time we would be rewarding what TSW is meant to deliver - realistic, professional driving.

I just gave one to each.

Please consider this and tell me what competitions you'd like to see! Hey, perhaps we persuade DTG to add something!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I'm definitely an advocate for the short video clip... for those looking for free screen capture or video editing software I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with OBS and Shotcut software respectively. They are ENORMOUSLY powerful tools and after watching a few youtube videos even beginners will feel comfortable with the basic features... more than enough for a short clip!

I'm going to start making a video just in case!

• Like Like x 3
  3. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

I do like the idea of a video contest, and definitely also a driving contest. Personally I am one of those that cannot stand see someone driving a German train without SIFA and PZB active, let alone drive without it myself, and then see how others drive differently compared to yourself, in many cases keeping in mind braking distances and time efficiency.
    I used to create a fair bit of challenging scenarios (particularly German) in TS1, and it has always been a blast to see others and how they work through your small little twists and challenges in your scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I'm going to start another account and vote for video again...

• Like Like x 1