Northern Trans-pennine Bug List

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Anjasomc, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Anjasomc

Anjasomc New Member

I've found a few bugs so far with the Northern Trans-pennine DLC.

At Leeds station platform 9/10/11 the subway stairs have a hole in the wall, so you can see under the ground. https://i.imgur.com/AGjFWrr.jpg
    And the same by platforms 6/8. https://i.imgur.com/F5OgIcy.jpg

The Class 101 spawns at Leeds platform 4 with all cab ends facing in one direction (I assume this isn't intentional) https://i.imgur.com/P7E6KZe.jpg

The guard's buzzer in the Class 101 guard's compartment is silent.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or how the DSD should work prototypically on the Class 45, so I'll include it here anyway. When driving the Class 45 if you apply power, then stand up, the loco stops accelerating immediately (despite still revving and no alarms / emergency brake application).

2. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug, but when walking, I think the player is a bit short.
    Here the buffer stop top is in the middle of my screen, which is usually eye level... I have noticed that if you walk up to other charachters the eye level is around the top of their shoulders.... TSW_Coppo_1544887312_00.png

3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

So you are a bit short.... is that a bug :) I have had that problem all my life.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Finnro

Finnro New Member

In the one scenery you drive the 101 in the depot, but the whole passengers are on board. Also in any other 101 in the depot are still sitting the passengers . ;)

• Like Like x 5
  5. PatrickB

PatrickB New Member

Cab door can not be opened unless you open the window first otherwise the open cab door will not become available for some odd reason

6. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

That's because there's no handle on the inside, you physically have to open the window to access the door handle ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Someones showing their age ;) Door slammers had a habit of dislocating your wrist trying to get out.. very satisfying to slam shut though..

8. Abellio

Abellio New Member

Newton Heath building has no collision detection. Can just walk right through it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Irascible_SAP

Irascible_SAP Member

Miles Platting, Platform 2, eastern end. If the player walks down the ramp off the platform towards the signal, player gets sucked into the ground and gets wedged in the terrain.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This issue isn't unique to NTP.....this has been around since the first passenger DLC (RT) and has to do with the passenger logic in the game as a whole.

11. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

I think this is the case for ALL depot moves in service mode (both at Leeds and Manchester). In addition, the 101 sitting in the depots never shut off their engines and are just sitting there, idling away. Those two issues are annoying and immersion-braking, as in gneral I love driving the depot moves. It would be great if they could be fixed in an update.

• Like Like x 1
  12. eurocityboy

Hi all,
    here are some issues I've found so far:
    1. Misplaced asset outside Leeds station
    20181218110716_1.jpg
    2.Scenario "Down and Out" doesn't end because "disembark" command fails to trigger.
    20181217211235_1.jpg
    3. Various depot services carry passengers (when they should be empty) and fail to shut off their engines once they have reached their final destination
    20181217201013_1.jpg 20181217201205_1.jpg 20181218005801_1.jpg
    4. The cab of the 45 cannot be accessed from the platform at Leeds (the cab door can be opened, but the player cannot enter or climb the ladder with "E"). You have to climb down into the trackbed and access the cab on the other side of the train is you wish to take over a service.

13. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Passengers in rolling stock has been a problem even back in the Railworks day. From my understanding you need to have two assets, one with passengers and one without. Not sure if TSW is the same but even in TS2019, when swapping locomotives around you have a choice of having a driver or no driver each being a different resource.

14. eurocityboy

It's been done properly on NTP in the scenarios, just not service mode, so I'm fairly sure the assets exist and it's possible to do it right.

• Like Like x 1
  15. eurocityboy

5. Misplaced asset on the track at Holbeck Depot.
    20181218190842_1.jpg

16. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Number 4 is a bug related to spawning in. If you spawn in 5 minutes prior to a service you can take control fine. More than 5 minutes and the train arrives and you cannot board. Sometimes even going round does not work. DTG are aware. The work around is to save and reload.

See the thread title
    Train Sim World: Northern Trans-pennine | Out Now for more details

• Like Like x 1
  17. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Have you tried leaving the train from the other cab? I've seen similar behaviour in GWE where the "Alight here" instruction wouldn't go away, when looking on the 2D map I saw that the objective marker was positioned on the cab opposite to the one I was driving from. Stepping into that cab and then getting out triggered the 'Objective complete' marker.

• Like Like x 1
  18. eurocityboy

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that, so I tried both cabs, but to no avail. The taget location os the "disembark" instruction is somewhere behind the large engine shed (the one in the picture), not the cab.

19. hightower

hightower Guest

I completed this scenario by walking to that marker. It’s like in CSX, where you supposedly walk to your car/office/random point in space after disembarking. If you use ctrl+1 you can walk right into the marker & the scenario will end.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Two tunnel bugs:

Standedge Tunnel
    In the tunnel between Marsden and Greenfield (the very long tunnel), as soon as you enter the tunnel, the far end of the tunnel appears as if it is quite close. You get closer and closer and then, just as you think you are about to emerge, the tunnel exit 'jumps' to the same distance away that it was when you entered the tunnel. This sequence then repeats about 7 times while you are in the tunnel.

Apart from looking bad, the problem with this is that there is a 45mph speed restriction at the tunnel exit, so you continually think you're about to reach it when you're not. There is no way of knowing which of the final approaches to the tunnel exit is the 'real' one!

What should happen, of course, is that when you enter the tunnel the light at the end should start as just a pin-prick, and should steadily grow as you progress through the tunnel.

Lighting in tunnels
    The exterior and interior of the train is lit as if it is in daylight on some (but not all) of the tunnels on the route. In some of the tunnels the exterior of the train continually flashes lit/unlit throughout the tunnel (this is most obvious on the Class 45, where you can see the top of the nose from the cab). Note - this is not simulation of ventilation shafts, which would be an occasional pool of light every mile or so. It is a continual flashing.

• Like Like x 2
  21. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

The 'lighting in tunnels' bug appears to have been largely fixed by the latest update, which is great.

The 'Standedge Tunnel' bug remains and appears to be a more general issue than I first thought, occurring in a couple of the other tunnels as well (although Standedge Tunnel is the most problematic because of the speed restrictions at the ends).

22. Louwe

Louwe Member

I found a (pleasant?) cheating points bug. When you drive the 101 BLG train at the line, you can get as many points as you want by pushing the L(cabin lights on and off) button. Every time you put it on and off, you get +30 points (+30/+60/+90 etc.). When you stop you have to start by zero all over again.

23. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

20190313195922_1.jpg In the Rescue Run scenario, you need to set the drivers brake in shutdown position. It does not have a shutdown position, or did I miss anything?

24. DominusEdwardius

Lift the pin on the back of the handle, then push forward past emergency into shutdown, or wait a few seconds for the pin to automatically lift in Emergency then push it forward.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks, that works!

26. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In the class 47 the DSD is not working properly. When I activate it, nothing happens, but if I press the q key, the fault lamp lights and power is cut off. It looks a bit like there is an implementation error, where the function is wired wrong.

The class 45 has a DSD pedal, but it is not functional. Also the fault light is permanently on.

Would be nice if this could be fixed.

27. DominusEdwardius

Usually a quick stand up and sit down should solve any DSD pedal problem if it goes to an up position for whatever reason.

28. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Leeds Platform 5 is leaking rain ... Just select any service or scenario with rain to recreate the bug

[​IMG]

29. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Class 45 buffer bug

When you couple to certain coaches, it looks like a steel bar has been rammed through the buffers, locking them together.... This happens more often with BG / Brake end coaches.

[​IMG]

30. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Huddersfield tunnel at the PLATFORM SIDE and BOTH entrances. There is rain inside the tunnels near where the tunnel begins.

Using any service or scenario with rain enabled will recreate the bug

Tunnel LEADING OUT of Huddersfield station (left tunnel entrance)
    [​IMG]

Tunnel LEADING OUT of Huddersfield station (right tunnel entrance)
    [​IMG]

31. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Standedge tunnel is still broken with a long stretch of occlusion.

Drive through the tunnel in either direction and you will not miss this long stretch of daylight as you drive through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  32. Fsd

Fsd New Member

There is a bug at the «red bank rotation» scenario. Seems like the route is wrong back to the depot, IT goes over where you initially decoupled some cars.. gives you a red light and no way to complete the scenario

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  33. waugh24

waugh24 New Member

I've found that when trying to enter a Class 45 cab that is already performing a service (either at a platform or from the ground), I can open the cab door but cannot climb the steps to get in. I've tried every inch of the area around the cab door and the option does not appear. Only appears to be a problem when the Peak is working a service that I want to take over.

34. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just re-ran the Red Bank Rotation scenario and completed it without problems, but with a bit of re-checking instructions. During the scenario, I encountered several red signals:
    1st red: right after start of scenario, due to a train that's pulling out of the nearby station and has priority; this signal turned green well before I reached it, however.
    2nd red: after dropping coaches; requesting permission to pass at danger took care of this one.
    3rd red: well ahead of the assigned destination marker, so not any problem for me.

The only other challenge I encountered involved reaching the final destination, which required considerable points resetting; this may be where you felt stymied. In fact, its necessary to drive away from the 2nd batch of dropped coaches to a place from which the final destination can be reached and this maneuver is not mentioned in the instructions (that's a challenge, not an error in my opinion). Then points must be set carefully so as to bypass a parked train and reach your destination.

Again in my opinion, this is a well designed, challenging shunting scenario, although I strongly recommend saving after each successful maneuver. Give it another try -- it's well worth the effort.

35. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

After the signalling update for the Heavy Freight this one became bugged. It was acknowledged by DTG. Not sure they fixed it yet.

36. garydoe77

garydoe77 New Member

There is a clicking sound, like a needle on a record player, when driving the class 101, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, is it just me??, it dosent happen with any other routes or trains, its really really annoying, please fix it

37. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Yes, I've heard that too. I assume it's a sample looping glitch.

38. Texanator1987

Texanator1987 Member

Could not board the Class 101 at Deighton. Wouldn't let me on. And would prefer that the interior cabin lighting is on when the Class 101 is running in service mode. It's incorrectly dark inside the train at night and in tunnels it's pitch black.

39. Jazzar101

Jazzar101 New Member

Using the class 45 (Havent tested other locomotives yet) after saving and loading a game the power handle revs up the engine but gives no amps. Ive tried a complete shutdown and startup but no luck. Annoying as i have to complete scenarions in 1 go

40. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Always been an issue. Saving and continuing causes problems

41. DominusEdwardius

Stand up sit down will probably fix that one

• Like Like x 1
  42. Jazzar101

Jazzar101 New Member

This works. Many Thanks!

43. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

I got same problem any solution yet

44. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

Worked for me to wish they told you in the manual

• Like Like x 1
  45. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

thanks for the tip .... now the reverser is totally stuck at forward after an emergency stop,
    i guess i used a save game causing that? Bug?

46. Jack O'Track

yep, i think DTG should get their act together as far too many things are missing from the manuals ...
    BTW the search function on this forum sucks too, usually i can't find anything. Enter ' stuck, and nothing shows up ....

• Like Like x 1
  47. Liquid_Squid

Liquid_Squid New Member

I had an issue where I was travelling to Marsden. The blue pointer was on a station further up the track, but should have been on Marsden. As I approached the station, the signal was green, the one at the end of the platform was then Red and I went through it. The timetable did not match the objective marker (blue) and the signalling was also incorrect.

48. Jack O'Track

One of the reasons i by far prefer Rise of Flight or IL2 Sturmovik. You have an editor, and it's possible to repair these kind if annoyances.
    Train sims and especially Train Sim World are nice, but i got a little bored. If you went down the line twice, there's not much more to do really. All that time consuming must do zombie loading, and getting punished by running a red light by death sentence is a little too much. Surprises are not there, maybe working around a bug can be sport.

I travelled on a local (real-life) train once, and we had to get off and walk 2 miles to the station, because a vet was having problems helping a stuck cow: hoof caught at a railway crossing. Such add-ons can be nice.

For the sim: Broken power lines in a storm, and getting a diesel or steam loc to collect a stuck e-train; stuff like that.

Even in a flight sim like those above you can program your own trains and routes. You can shoot and bomb them from the air, or with tanks even, and watch out; these trains can shoot back if you program a few AAA Flak gun wagons for your trainride.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  49. thane87033

thane87033 New Member

When using the front boom camera, I've noticed this rendering error at the wheels of locos and stock when at speed.

Renderingfault1.jpg

Also:

1) In Whistler and Gronk, the initial shunt/calling on signal fails to clear from the siding, you have to go through on red with a proceed at caution. The shunt signal should clear, that is its purpose

2) A similar issue in Red Bank Rotation after uncoupling the stock occurs and the calling on signal fails to clear and you have to pass the signal at danger with a proceed at caution. In both scenarios, the ground/shunt/call on signal should clear, neither are a proceed with caution from the signaller scenario.

3) If you enter Standedge Tunnel in a snow scenario (this was with a Peak), the snow stops in the path of the wiper, however, the snow continues to fall outside that path and the wiper at the end of its path still "flings" snow and all the windows remain full of snow. If you hit an exterior view of the train and then go back to the cab, all the snow has miraculously disappeared as if by magic.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  50. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

That’s an issue with UE4 when you have motion blur enabled.

• Like Like x 1