Spring Summit 2023 - The Reveals!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 5, 2023.

1. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

If the freight bundle gonna be new trains and timetables to CJP and SMH, I will give more stars at microsoft store then

2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the game got a really bad score on steam pc, which right now is currently in the Mixed rating, also the line for these 3 tram are very short currently. I don't know if they will improve overtime

3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Will there be an q and a thread set up for roadmap?

• Like Like x 4
  4. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

I know I’m probably in the minority, but I am very excited for the upgrade to Sherman Hill, plus the heritage units and scenarios. I really like US freight.

Midland route seems… odd. So very, very short too. Why not go to Sheffield?

Also, love the look of the Fowler 4F, but would have hoped for another steam engine instead of reusing the jubilee and 8F. Played those to death in SoS. I like the idea of an old line no longer in use though. And the Peak District is beautiful.

Germany? Meh

Overall, something for everyone though.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The MML is around 60 miles in total length, it wasn’t so long ago that we’d only get one of the spurs and they’d call that a DLC. I think too many people are reading into the start and end points too much - yes those are weird in particular, but only in the sense of the location, not the length. If the route went further than it currently does, we’d be looking at less gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

I agree DPU implementation really should be part of the game. I love US (and Canadian) freight, and it’s been slim pickings so far. I do like the inclusion of the heritage units and the additional scenarios. Audio improvements a must as well.

7. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I am so happy we have so much stuff coming It was wonderful thing
    The 2 Route I am looking forward to Is steam And UK Route

• Like Like x 1
  8. chieflongshin

Will there be a bundle for all the above minus Boston for those that have it? Assuming we don't need to buy this route again to fix signalling?

Thank you

9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Cjp and Sherman Hill wouldn't layer into each other and if you didn't know already, the up heritage bundle only adds 6 liveries for the sd70ace in Sherman Hill, 6 scenarios and no additional timetabled services

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I believe JD said earlier in this thread that there would be several bundles, one of which would be a passenger bundle (Trenton, Acela, Boston). Since so many of us already have Boston, I think there's bound to be a bundle that excludes BPE.
    However, the improvements to that route should be free, if you have it already. We need a little clarification?

11. chieflongshin

Seems odd that track three of Sherman not coming but sky is. No one complained about sky before, but they did track 3. That sky and the foliage draw distance is going to melt some pcs

• Like Like x 1
  12. rennekton#1349

It's
    And new lighting. Even though the track is there, all the scenery would have to be laid down by hand over miles of track so more work for it.

13. chieflongshin

waant that what the auto gen was for though? I thought it was that it was playing up a bit. Surely that could have had a glance over at same time.. we all know these routes are in developing 12-18months beforehand

14. Crosstie

Sherman Hill was released in November, '21. DTG have had plenty of time to populate track 3. Unless they're working on it now, it's not happening. Guess it's not a priority.

15. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Not currently, just those mentioned above.

And Boston/Sherman upgrades are free if you own the route already, as happened with SEHS on the launch of TSW3.

Will make a note to add one tomorrow.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. max#2873

Are you sure?

17. max#2873

DTG JD What will it be the Cajon and Sherman Hill freight bundles?

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The freight bundle consists of three products, that is two existing ones and the new heritage pack…
    Cajon Pass route, as it is now, no changes
    Sherman Hill route, with the new skies and lighting (everyone gets the skies and lighting update)
    UP Heritage pack - new liveries and scenarios for Sherman Hill (no new locos and nothing for Cajon Pass)

If you already have Cajon Pass and Sherman Hill then you don’t need the bundle, just the UP Heritage pack.

19. rennekton#1349

It's all available on the YouTube page if you're interested.

20. max#2873

So practically few skins and few services... :/

21. rennekton#1349

no new services. It's just skins and scenarios for each skin. It only subs into the current sherman hill timetable

22. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the all-singing & dancing preview stream promised months ago.

23. chieflongshin

Thank you Jd. I'm not sure if this Is because I'm reading this too early in the morning but if boston is priced into all these bundles then anyone who bought it as part of rush hour is now paying for it again unless we buy each component individually?

Whereas if we haven't already bought it you'd buy it for the first time ....

If I'm understanding the bundling correct there should be a bundle for

acela,freight and New York excluding Boston for the many people who paid at its release or thereafter on the basis the trains are now disconnected from routes so the acela doesn't technically require Boston.

(apologies if I'm missing something obvious)

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NEC New York Penn Station Newark Airport New Brunswick Trenton Transit Center needs Arrow III ALP-46A. It's the EMU in my profile picture

• Like Like x 1
  25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

A couple of items to consider from the event and reveals, though.
    No news of what Union Workshop might be working on. And the list of new content, great though it is, continues to focus on the three main countries. Nothing for Japan, Australia, India, Canada, Netherlands, Czechoslovakia, Scandinavia even Austria or any other country which has been proposed in the Suggestions forum.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I hope this means that the promised steps of fixes to the steam engines comes before the release of Peak Forest. We need the power and steam pressure from TSW2, not to get stuck.

27. DTG JD

Hey - we did an update just after Christmas for SoS, which provided an improvement. Can I confirm you've played the route since that update and are still experiencing issues?

28. DTG JD

29. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

I didn't test the update on the Steam physics more than once, because the random SPAD issue is still not solved and that renders the route completely useless in my opinion. I truly love SoS, but I've given up on it because there are few more frustrating experiences than almost finishing a service and not being able because some rogue engine at the other end of the route has blasted through a stop signal.

• Like Like x 3
  30. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It is better after the update. You can easily build up speed now.
    Unfortunately we are still waiting for manual fireman so we don’t have to live with the incessant sound of safety valves. :(

31. Bertil Persson

Yes! You're right about that. It is better. As I'm visually impaired, I will stick to the auto fireman for now. That doesn't mean I'll try manual. But I did get the inpression from Matt that the was more to come, even on pressure issues. AND some updates via Steam you don't notice. They sneak in behind when your running the sim. You may notice when you have to re-login after an update.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Bertil Persson

Yes, I have, and it's much better. But the pressure goes down after picking up speed up to around 20 mph and it slowly comes back after about five minutes. That means that if you have to slow down for a yellow, the pressure goes high, like it should, but then you loose pressure again, when accelarating, but too much comparing with TSW 2. On constant high speed there is no problem. Example: On the express train up the hill from Liverpool Street you slowly and constantly accelerate all the way through the tunnels, and you can keep up the pressure with 70 on the throttle and 25 on the reverser. If you do it in TSW 3 you constantly go around 10 mph and loose pressure (5 mph before the fix) and the pressure and accelaration does not come until you pass the next station (Red Hill?) around 20 mph (25 mph in TSW 2, 15 mph before fix). And I believe Matt spoke about more adjustments on this issue. It's not bad, It's just that it was a notch better in TSW2. And it was easier to keep it on top speed in TSW 2 I tried 67 on the throttle and 30 on the reverser and I think it helps, but not all the way.
    Still, I like the steam engines.
    PS And I hope we get fixes on the TMS, so it works at on foot timetable mode and for other destinations than Glasgow or Edinburgh. It's great to finally have it and I hope it will be on other route. AND THE SCOTTISH ACCENT!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  33. max#2873

Yep SOS is still bugged, I couldn't finish any service on xbox x due to aispads (beside this, it seem to easy now to remain steam after update ;) I bought it in deuxe edition and its out of order since then....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  34. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

They don't. From Leicester to Birmingham it's Cross Country, The Birmingham-Cambridge/Stansted services and the Leicester-Birmingham shuttles. All Cross Country 170s (Though the occasional Voyager has made its way to Leicester in the past on a stopping service), Though there is a quirky service that is a Bristol Temple Meads-Stansted Airport service via Gloucester, Cheltenham and Birmingham.

From Nottingham it's the Nottingham-Cardiff via Derby services...also Cross Country 170s....Though there was an early morning Nottingham-Bournemouth working that was a Voyager. I don't know if it still runs.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up

• Like Like x 1
  36. marcsharp2

Very welcome. Sorry for the long reply though lol, I live in Leicester so couldn't help myself lol.

37. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Not at all, not a part of the country I’m familiar with at all, so appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  38. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Not any more.

Have a gander.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...7/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=XC

I Can remember when we had inter regional trains going to Nottingham, Derby, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow & Edinburgh, Crewe, Newcastle, Sheffield and Derby from Poole. Now they all leave from Bournemouth to Birmingham or Manchester and to Easteleigh depot. Thats it!

Cheers
    Hentis

39. OldVern

As reported above, it is better but still not perfect by any means. The whole concept of coal and water consumption, fire mass and boiler level - key management components of driving a steam engine - are still missing. And as I posted here or in another thread the sounds are still a mess. Above about 30 MPH the engine sound just becomes an indistinct "roar", no audible high speed chuff and with frequent dropouts. The wretched safety valve is also still muting all the other sounds including what track running noise there is, with power shut off. I believe AI trains are still silent so if you decide to relax and take a ride as a passenger then there is no thrash to enjoy.

One other thing I feel the team*must* look at on this route with all the tunnels and tight rock sided cuttings - please get some reverb in there. It remains a bit of a travesty that MSTS was managing this 22 years ago as did the forerunner to TSC - KRS from 2007. Need to get your sound coders on it.

• Like Like x 3
  40. marcsharp2

According to this it runs as far as Reading, forcing people to change. I know how frustrating it can be, Living in Leicester at the start of Privatisation we had services to Scarborough,Skegness, Leeds, Cardiff, Aberystwyth, Chester,Norwich etc etc. Now we've lost them all. I don't think we have direct services to Bedford or Luton/Luton Airport anymore. Now we have to change at Birmingham or Derby or Kettering and be told to appreciate what we have. I'd appreciate it a lot more if we could get further north than Sheffield.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C71663/2023-02-07/detailed#allox_id=0

41. Bertil Persson

For some reason the commuter steam train at Liverpool worked better for me now, but the steam train on the Rail Tour at Southeastern seems week.

42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It never was. I have no idea where the idea arose that Track 3 was ever going to be made. It won't be. Never was going to be. Forget about it.

43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure I would call them key management components of driving a steam engine. They are key components of firing a steam engine- which isn't the driver's job.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Crosstie

Well, not quite.

Can't remember which stream it was, but I seem to recall MP responding to a question by saying that all the track and signals were done and it was just a matter of the painstaking task of filling in the scenery. He certainly didn't rule it out.

That's where the idea came from.

• Like Like x 1
  45. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Normally Track 3 should be there. But it haven't made release such like the S2 branch on DRA. Theres quite some scenery around that area here and there, it would've been an amazing piece of track if it would be included, but sadly it did not

46. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. Do you enjoy TramSim, in your opinion is it worth getting? I'm not the biggest fan of trams, but does sound very interesting.

47. rennekton#1349

48. OldVern

In the real world the driver and fireman generally work as a team. In the sim those roles kind of get combined. However the driver certainly needs to know he has enough steam to overcome whatever challenges the route ahead provides and if the water level dropped sufficiently to melt the fusible plug, I doubt it would just be the fireman for tea and biscuits...

One other feature of steam loco operation which TSW seems to ignores is the possibility of blowback from the fire box if the doors are open passing through a tunnel. With the significant number of tunnels on the Peak route one would hope this could be implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Probably won't happen, but would be nice if the Sherman Hill enhancement added BNSF AI layers in Cheyenne...
    9290417402_787fac27fc_b.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  50. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I have succeeded guessing with one of the coming routes!

I made this post below last year on the thread new German route speculation:

;)

• Like Like x 1