Upcoming Release New American Content For Train Sim World 3 - February 21st!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Am I the only one quite baffled by why all of these will release at the same time? One would expect Acela to release some time sooner than Trenton so that it then boosts Trenton sales. Now we get an overload of US content, only to be silent for months. At least the Heritage Pack could've been a bit further away from the rest. I guess DLC packs are such big selling points this makes sense to someone...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I far as the Acela schedule on Boston Sprinter, I seem to remember that the timetable written for the route included slots already for the Acela. If this is the case, it just has to be dropped into the proper slots. I am glob smacked that the cost of the Acela dlc is the same as the entire new NEC route which includes the NJT stuff. Sorry, I will wait for a 50% off sale to purchase this one as well as a 25% off sale to get the new route. Its a shame really, up to now I have purchase the new content I wanted at release, but this time I got priced above my comfort zone.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bwlyons

bwlyons New Member

All I want to know is will the LIRR be layered in Penn Station under the NEC New York - Trenton route? That would be an amazing layer to have.

• Like Like x 5
  4. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder if DTG are struggling to gain new players. That would explain why we're seeing bundles with prices that benefit new users and are unfair for existing customers.

• Like Like x 11
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I will certainly be buying the Acela for the Boston Sprinter route. It would have been nice to have had a bundle with the Acela and NEC route at a bit of a reduced cost, I will wait awhile before purchasing the NEC route.

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's $22.99. The prices on steam are the bundle prices, not the individual route prices. Trenton route is $39.99, acela is $22.99. Up Heritage is $14.99

7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Then it will not be bought, simple as that :) it annoys me that there are all these bundles which are nice for new players, but the long term supporters are left in the dirt to pay full price (both route and loco are even more expensive now). Got plenty to do with SimRail anyways now :)

• Like Like x 12
  8. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting the old players down again!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 15
  9. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

That's what I wanna know as well....And also is Sunnyside yard in the game???....and I want to know is there Hoboken or at least PARTS of NCJL at least to South Amboy included??then I might give this a try.

• Like Like x 2
  10. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Right I feel like it’s a penalty to have bought the dlcs before now.

• Like Like x 14
  11. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Okay I'm going to give my opinion on these bundles.... I don't think it's okay that loyal buyers and people who like to pre-order are now put aside to get so-called new customers. The people who like to support like me don't seem to matter anymore and DTG just say thanks it doesn't interest me... Sad and a wrong starting point if you ask me!

• Like Like x 9
  12. Xander1986

I also think it's a strange change of direction!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Sunnyside yard is confirmed, there is a photo of it on the routes steam page.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Yes, there will be Acela services on Boston (I don't know actually about if there are Scenarios, but give it's a layer, I'd doubt it).

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Jus saw it too thanks...but I would like to know if LIRR ai layers in and out of Penn.....and maybe why not include parts of the NCJL as far as South Amboy!!that be great

16. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

There were some scenarios made in addition to layering the Acela into the service mode timetable.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DTG JD

That's absolutely fair enough. Just want to confirm you're aware that the prices for the individual content are auto-populated at the moment (we think by the price of the lowest-cost bundle it's part of). They're not currently able to purchase, and when they are they'll be available at these prices (the bundle prices are correct though).

[​IMG]

18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent package and promotion materials so far but for Northeast Corridor New York City Trenton the following should be added NJCL South Amboy and Hoboken Terminal. For those that want a dual mode locomotive why not add a portion of the Raritan Valley Line from Roselle Park to New York Penn Station and freight at Oak Island Yard Newark, NJ for Cajon Pass Sherman Hill Cane Creek Sand Patch Grade and Horseshoe curve owners

• Like Like x 2
  19. DTG JD

Thanks for confirming, Brandon!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I saw it too, it really is great to see.

CactusJuice, can you perhaps tell us if these is a LIRR layer around NY Penn or not?

21. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Don't want to spoil too much because the timetable is still quite heavily in development.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  22. Dinosbacsi

Ah, understandable. Well in that case, it's fingers crossed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

23. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

With Brandon working on it, we should have a good, accurate timetable for this route.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Xander1986

Ooooh I don't hear a no answer so what's that means surprise spoiler.....

25. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Hopefully some CSAO freight layers in as scenery using BOTH CSX and NS stock. (As Conrail leases units from both railroads for their operations.)

• Like Like x 1
  26. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

I am not creating the timetable for Trenton. I am only testing services in my capacity as a beta tester.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

That's not good to hear with two weeks to go and still in development. Don't forget to test, please.

• Like Like x 7
  28. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but this is bloody ridiculous. I've already got Sherman and boston and have zero inclination for cajon so I've now got to pay £55 to get the acela and Trenton and freight route whereas new customers can get 3-4 pieces cheaper.

I think there should be a acela, Trenton, freight expansion pack which doesn't shaft existing customers willing to continue investing.....

Can this be raised with retail, they shaft us every time.

I'm also sat wondering whether if I buy none of these dlc am I left with broken boston or a free update of new fixed boston....

• Like Like x 15
  29. DTG JD

That's fair feedback, which I can pass on. At present though, these will be the bundles we have.

As mentioned a few times - the Boston and Sherman updates are FREE, and will likely come in a pre-launch patch, if you already own the content.

• Like Like x 1
  30. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I might have missed the fine print, so I'm asking a silly question: are these exclusive to Steam? What about consoles?

• Like Like x 1
  31. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking it back into the business Jd.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking at the bundle pricing and I see a huge error in pricing on the Acela as $129.99CDN and with the 10% discount $116.99. That is a little too rich for me and this is on Steam.

33. Dinosbacsi

While I would like to see a bundle for just the new stuff, as others have said, I would not go as far as calling the lack of such a bundle a ripoff of exsisting customers. I think the current bundle setup is quite good. Does it benefit new customers? Of course, but that's a given. If you are an exsisting customer, then you don't need to be "lured in" that much.

And honestly a few euros difference in price is not what will make me buy the stuff or not. If they are good quality, I am happy to pay the price. Of course this is just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  34. MerlinFly61

MerlinFly61 New Member

Maybe a dumb question but am I correct in assuming that if I buy the US Passenger bundle today, I'll be able to play the Boston Sprinter DLC immediately and it's just the new DLCs that I'll have to wait until the 21st for? Thanks.

35. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

If I own Boston Sprinter already, will the update be for free? I think, I remembered something about that in the stream on sunday (or in the YT-Livechat)...

36. rennekton#1349

Yes. Sherman Hill upgrade is free too

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. rennekton#1349

Yea, boston sprinter came out in tsw2. If you have tsw3, you can play it

38. rennekton#1349

Read the article too which briefly explains what's included

39. rennekton#1349

Like numerous comments have said already, it's an error/glitch on steam. Actual price is $22.99

40. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation!

41. MerlinFly61

MerlinFly61 New Member

Thanks, I figured as much but wasn't sure if buying it as part of a bundle would mean waiting until ALL the DLC in that bundle was released before any it could be downloaded /installed. Cheers.

42. Xander1986

A small remainder.... The update is for the TSW3.... TSW2 user don't get the lightning update. So if you do not own TSW3 it's a option to switch for TSW3 and buy one off the American packages :)

43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This pricing plan looks very confusing to me and it's a lot of money to spend.For loyal customers this is a disappointing approach. I probably will skip the whole thing and have to wait for a decent discount at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  44. MerlinFly61

MerlinFly61 New Member

Thanks for the note but I'm relatively new to Train Sim World and only own TSW3.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

3 DLCs releasing on the same day you say ? This is unprecendented for a release outside of the TSW2/3 launches
    A bit bummed there is no bundle for just the new content as others are...obviously these bundles are all geared towards getting new players in

• Like Like x 1
  46. dr1980

dr1980 Member

I agree with the other comments about there not being a bundle option for those of us that own all of the existing US content (ie your loyal customers). That’s really unfortunate and is a bad look on you DTG.

Loyalty should never be assumed or taken for granted.

• Like Like x 11
  47. orb

orb Well-Known Member

I'll probably finally switch to TSW3 after these route updates are released. So far I've seen no reason to do it just for Southeastern High Speed and Spirit of Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

A couple of large red flags in this thread then.

Firstly they seem to be trying to get new customers and have worse deals for existing customers. is this because existing customers are leaving and they want new ones who don't know the history of bugged releases and slow fixes? Of previous versions of TSW left behind still not patched?

Second, the timetable is still heavily in development despite the release date being 2 weeks away. How can they confirm the layers etc i.e. what you get for your money, even while they take your money?

Geeez...

• Like Like x 6
  49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

To keep lots of knickers in an untwisted condition I offer everyone this way of looking at the pricing of the new releases. It may serve you well, or not, but it is accurate.

Look at what is offered for sale.
    Look at the prices.
    Look at how much money you have.
    Make a decision as to how you want to proceed.
    Don’t get jealous at anyone who looks like they may be getting more than you or getting things that you already have for free or just cheaper than what you paid in the past. These are irrelevant to your transaction.

All the new content is at new content prices, as it would be expected to be. The only bargains here are on bundles that also contain older content or starter bundles. If you already have the older content then you have no business getting upset at the price someone else is getting it for. If you did that for every sale that came along you would drive yourself insane. I didn’t see anybody complaining at how cheap things they already have were in the Festival of Rail sale. That’s what’s happening here in reality. Save yourself from thinking that way.

If the new content is too expensive for you then wait for a sale. If it isn‘t too expensive, buy it, enjoy it, tell all your friends about it.

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  50. rennekton#1349

It's all coming in an article. It's going to be a surprise