Tsw: Pre-order Northern Trans-pennine!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 6, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

When we announced Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester – Leeds for Train Sim World, we said it was coming very soon, but just how soon? In time for the festive season! It will be available on December 13th, and you can pre-order it now to save 20%

READ MORE

• Like Like x 10
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

You guys might want to adjust some of your descriptions on the store page...

It's quite a big topic that freight isn't included, and this implies that it is, while the "Key Features" section re-confirms that nothing freight-related is included. What are ya'll getting at?

The store page kinda goes directly against real life and the articles here...
    Which, as far as I understand, is more realistic than claiming 60 miles.

You know how much stuff like this baits those "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT OMG" 'discussions' which I figure you'd want to avoid.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

pschlik Thanks for the flag - this has been updated as quickly as possible!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

Will do :P

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

It isn't saying : "initial on Windows PC" in the article. Does that mean it will arrive December 13th on all Platforms this time or just something you haven't added in the description this time (which I assume is the case)?

6. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Any news on the console release? If it isn't released on the same day can you let us know if you plan on releasing it before or after xmas please :) I need to add it to my santa list!

• Like Like x 1
  7. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

While I am looking forward to this route, what pschlik pointed out does have me a little disheartened.

Seeing as the steam store description stated we would be carrying both freight and passenger services on this route, I am led to believe this description was written some time ago in preparation for the posting onto Steam. This means that the route was more than likely planned to release with freight included right off the bat. It seems that instead of getting the freight services included, they were cut out to be sold to us as a later expansion seeing as they were quick to mention this expansion in the announcement thread for this route. I presume this decision was made so the route could be pushed out before Christmas, but that is merely my opinion based on the information I am seeing here.

Still looking forward to this route though, don't get me wrong. It just kind of sucks to have the perception content is cut only to meet deadlines.

8. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I there a video and when do consoles get it

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

15 Jan 2019 they will release the console version (its already possible to make the pre-order but for console version there is not the 20% of sale :( )

10. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

well ;)

11. Samuel

Samuel Member

they added discount, but with PS Plus

12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I have xbox1x with 12 months of gold and here (on microsoft store) I dont see preorder version on sale

13. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Yep no discount for us. Asked for clarification on that in a different thread but haven't received an answer so far.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Great news we have a console release date although as I play on xbox I'm also confused why we don't get a pre order discount as the PlayStation version does!

Really need some clarification on this as I know Microsoft allow discounts at launch as dtg's fishing game (fishing sim world) offered a discount on the season pass for pre orders and for the first week!

Hopefully it's just an error so I'd hold off pre ordering until the price is adjusted.

15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think it shows they are making progress in the console market. Hopefully microsoft will get onboard to, and sort something gor gold members.

16. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

It's not really a ps plus/Xbox live issue it's either a mistake or xbox users will be paying more from now on :/

This is from the launch of dtg's sim fishing world and shows how discounts across all platforms at launch is totally possible...

"The Fishing Sim World Quad Lake Pass will give you the opportunity to purchase the first 4 lakes for Fishing Sim World in one great package. It will release on 20th November alongside Lake Williams on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. As a thank you for your fantastic feedback so far we will be offering a launch discount of 20% off for the first 7 days."