Upcoming Release New American Content For Train Sim World 3 - February 21st!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 7, 2023.

1. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Just so you're aware, I fixed Boston signaling on my own. It wasn't initiated by DTG. It was something I wanted to do not only to fix Boston, but to learn TSW signaling.

• Like Like x 36
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I don't really care whether there is bundle or not. What I want is clear and transparent pricing. As someone who has the existing USA routes, I wanted to know what the new items would cost me., Without having to resort to pen , paper and a calculator and cross referring back to the various bundles shown on steam.

Someone from the marketing department obviously spent a lot of time on the table and graphics, but they don't answer the question, most readers of this forum who will already have the existing routes wanted the answer too!

3. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If you go back to the very first post of this thread, it has the individual prices for all the DLCs.

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean they put work into separating routes from locos, so if they’re using the sort of logic you’ve outlined then it’s abit silly.

Also, DTG have long been making routes where services have to make do with unrealistic start, ends & stops. Their new steam route is a prime example of this.

The lack of bundling is purely down to the fact that they think existing players will buy the new content regardless. It’s nothing more than a lack of disrespect toward existing customers. They know exactly what they’re doing.

It’s very apparent with TSW 3 that their new marketing drive is prioritised on only bringing new customers in.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

And my deepest respect to you for that. But does that mean without your help the Acela would drop onto a broken route?

• Like Like x 7
  6. TrainsMag795

TrainsMag795 Member

U.S. passenger bundle shows $53.99 USD on Steam 10% discount. Savings of about $10.00 as opposed to buying Acela and New York Trenton seperate on launch $22.99? and $39.99 =$62.98 USD. I guess not too bad. Just get the Heritage Livery later when it drops in price.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Comedy gold right here

• Like Like x 4
  8. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

Exactly my thoughts

• Like Like x 2
  9. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

39.99 is expected for the new route
    thank you for working on this. Hopefully with this they can implement some fixes to the signaling in Harlem and rework LIRR for future timetable implementation

• Like Like x 2
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The history of this franchise says otherwise

• Like Like x 2
  11. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

It is a bit steep but I'll get it anyway (we're suckers for DLC and DTG know it ;)). What is a real shame is that with the extra revenue from this pack DTG could have give players added value by adding the missing scenery to track 3 (and make the necessary timetable changes), which would add *much* more interest to SH. The fact they haven't opted for this is the final nail in the coffin for those who had hoped that one day SH would be truly completed. :|

• Like Like x 4
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call myself a sucker. I haven't bought anything for tsw3 lol.

Although I do agree with what you said. I think that if DTG were to make track 3, they would want to make money off of it. There are many cases where there is something "missing" from a route like soho depot or the abandoned stations on Harlem for instance but DTG rarely if ever bother to go back to add other assets to a route

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Indeed, they have put work into separating routes and locos, and where has it gotten us? So far, the RHTT has only token services on other routes, rather like a loco DLC of old would have been. If there is to be some future where routes and locos are more separate and customizable, we are not there yet. Perhaps a case could be made that the Acela is somewhat different, in that it was always intended, or at least possible, to go with NEC-BP ever since TSW2, but the point remains.

Of course DTG knows that we will most likely buy the content anyway, and whatever business plan they adhere to is ultimately up to them. My main point is really that, if you aren't doing a lot for existing players as far as price point, then why hype these bundles so much when you are speaking to that cohort? I don't mind a marketing drive to bring new players in; in fact, there can be a benefit to all players if that happens. But, as someone else has alluded to, would NEC-BP even have received the "free" upgrade if there wasn't a new paid DLC to go with it? Is someone who has stuck with that route for the 1.5 years that is has not been optimized owed anything for seeing this whole project through? Even a nominal discount could reward early adopters, as well as encouraging more early adoption. Bundles aimed primarily at new players is a decidedly different approach.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Rush Hour?

• Like Like x 1
  15. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

I honestly do not know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner Member

Really looking forward to seeing your work on ACSES in Boston. Were you involved in the ACSES implementation for Trenton at all, or was your scripting used (if you're allowed to speak toward that topic right now)?

Thanks.

17. Zander34

Zander34 Member

Will any of these include TSW3?

18. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

To be clear, i never scripted any component of ACSES. I just provided feedback and source documentation to give direction to the DTG employee actually implementing it. I just scripted these revised signals for Boston.

Only a small portion of my signalling approach was used for Trenton. The scripter has opted for a more "automatic" approach of determining signal aspect whereas for Boston, I do a more "static, deterministic" approach where I manually define the end result for each possible situation. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Hopefully both works well enough. Looking forward to driving in Boston again!

• Like Like x 1
  20. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

DTG have shown that even when they release a single dlc it always. a disaster waiting to happen in technical issues
    So releasing all these new dlc and updates no matter the cost of something or free seems like a expensive mess in the making.
    Heck there's even at least one i want but where some will wait for a sale i'll wait while to see what the technical issues are.

• Like Like x 3
  21. 21c164fightercommand

21c164fightercommand Well-Known Member

Do they?
    And do we?

Most certainly not! Fanbois galore on this forum, the section on suggestions is filled with dreams, and to go by the number of daily postings by some members, do they even have time to play the game?

I've been fooled once with TSW 1 and twice with TSW 2, picked up TSW 3 at a good discount last X-mas, and saw my old DLC being carried over, bugs, warts and all. If it weren't for the excellent modding community, I wouldn't have even cared to upgrade.
    But I will not be fooled trice. No more day one purchases at full price from DTG by me, best wait for the inevitable bug reports and the usual lame excuses from disappointed buyers 'next DLC it will be better, DTG will learn from their mistakes' and DTG's promises.

Well, five years into the franchise nothing has really changed.

The implementation and execution of German catenary and signaling still sucks, USA isn't much better.

• Like Like x 4
  22. andypancakes#9832

andypancakes#9832 New Member

I’m assuming console users (at least PS) won’t see that 10% discount, but that would be a pretty good deal, frankly.

23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

How original, the use of a pejortative term for someone who you disagree with!

24. TrainsMag795

TrainsMag795 Member

"And you little Jimmy, what would you like to be when you grow up? "Forget being a doctor or lawyer, I want to be a forum fanboy":love:

• Like Like x 1
  25. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I suppose there's no way to know for certain, but judging by the feedback that I have read at various times, it does seem like most of the people end up buying most of the content, most of the time, even if they had previously said they wouldn't. I would also say that it's reasonable to assume that people keep buying this stuff, because DTG keeps coming up with more of it and they are not out of business. Of course, you could also make the case that DTG needs to continually entice new players, because not enough of the established players are buying new content, although that doesn't sound sustainable.

In the absence of deals or special pricing, I do agree that it is often a better idea to wait and not go for day one purchases, although I also understand the desire to get something that you might have been waiting a long time for.

• Like Like x 1
  26. nahtankski

nahtankski Member

I already own TSW3 and the Boston route. I can purchase the US Passenger Bundle on Steam right now for $53.99 USD before tax. That will give me NYC-Trenton and the Acela. If I bought these both individually on release day, I would pay $39.99 and $22.99 respectively. That is $62.98 total. Even though I'm technically paying for things I already own (TSW3 + Boston), I still save $8.99 with the bundle.

While I agree a bundle with just the three new pieces of content would be great, there's still a way for old players to save some money with the new content.

• Like Like x 2
  27. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

In theory if its main DLC for Boston then it should be also training missions and scenarios as well, then just layers for NY Trenton .

Hentis

28. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I was suckered in by the Rush Hour marketing campaign, didn't believe the negative comments on the forum and ended up just as disillusioned as the people that wrote those comments. Now I see this American marketing campaign which looks amazing. Kudo's to the marketing team! But the dev's are going to need to proof this is worth buying because marketing alone will not cut it to buy any TSW related stuff anymore. From my experience so far the American content felt really crappy. The NY route brings back memories of red lights and my first crash into another train. From Boston I remember the awful sound of the brakes and scenarios that could not be completed. So yes, I'm not preordering this stuff. Let others test it first. It looks like amazing content but I seriously doubt the quality.

• Like Like x 9
  29. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is actually possible that despite bugs much content is enjoyable and many people simply enjoy driving trains, in a sim with decent graphics and some nice features. This place can become an echo chamber sometimes so you might think that the whole sim is broken or full of game breaking bugs. Therefore those that don't see this are simps and fanboys and conformists and what ever other terms people want to use to make their argument more robust (because they are surely right). Because, surely people don't actually enjoy TSW!

I think this is true, I buy probably 75% of releases, some don't interest me at all, half of those I purchase in sales. Even some of the "I am never playing TSW again and DTG are rip-off merchants" crowd, a few months later seem to have aquired the latest DLC! Also, things change, I am not buying the new Scottish route.....yet but will likely do so when some bug fixes are released.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
  30. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

My first crash happened on stream on the LIRR in TSW 2020! You never forget your first, right? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  31. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Should rename it to bundle sim world

• Like Like x 1
  32. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

That's interesting but how about this it's so on the nose it gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Drumroll Please.........."TRAIN SIM WORLD 3 : BUY NOW PLAY LATER (ASSUMING WE CAN FIX IT)."

Note: I'm assuming we all know what can happen when you assume to much,especially with TSW dlc.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Someone can correct me here, but isn’t the raceway from Trenton to New Brunswick now rated for 160mph now? Will we be able to hit 150 or still be limited to 135? The project to replace all the catenaries from variable tension to constant tension and track upgrades concluded a few years ago I thought.

34. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Rated for 150mph for regular day-to-day passenger travel.

• Like Like x 3
  35. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer! When will this patch be out? I have to reinstall the route because of the missing addon-manager and the necessity of addon-tetris...

36. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Does the New York to Trenton have freight services,/ layers

37. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

More info in a future article

38. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Nothing in the article but the video shows a freight yard with freight cars in it and i saw wandering if they are just static stock or their is some freight services not mentioned in the article that get layered in from another route.

39. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Its normal to work on it until the last day. It is not normal to be changing everything around until the last day.

• Like Like x 6
  40. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Who is writing that?

41. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You have been long enough in this forum and probably seen enough pre-release videos and DLC launches to know how things work.

• Like Like x 3
  42. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Bare in mind that pack came out way before the price increases started.

43. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I just noticed from a screenshot of the MLV's the numbering is off. The car reads #2299 but in real life, the numbering is in the 7000 series

44. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

do you have any picture of what you mean? cause i don't understand

45. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

ss_7421919fc6c10eaa256d68c827129ca40bbaadfb.jpg

46. malikrthr

Yes, I highlighted what I saw in yellow on the NJT multilevel. For the numberboards of the consist, they usually are in the 7000's in real life but in the screenshot, it reads 2299 which is not how they are numbered in real life. I recall this occured on the LIRR M3's when the devs developed them for TSW2020 and it was pointed out, luckily, they fixed it before release
    upload_2023-2-8_23-20-16.png

47. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Given how DTG never fixed the numbering on the BNSF SD40-2s, (Or the CSX SD40-s) I don't think this will ever be fixed without a mod.

48. malikrthr

From screenshots of the Amtrak Metroliner cruising through Harold Interlocking via Sunnyside yard, it appears there is no overrunning 3rd rail by the tracks. If this is correct, that will mean that there will be no LIRR trains layered in since they depend on 3rd rail power to operate. Hopefully I am wrong about that because it would be interesting to see some LIRR M7's and LIRR M3's layered in. As release is 13 days away, there is still time to correct it

upload_2023-2-8_23-29-28.png

• Like Like x 2
  49. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

LIRR doesn't go into Sunnyside.

• Like Like x 1
  50. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

The multi levels should be in the 7000 series rather then the 2000 series like the in game shots show that needs to be corrected IMG_20220420_145615.jpg

• Like Like x 2