Disabling The Hud

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by bart2day, Aug 28, 2018.

1. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I have been playing for a while now and would like to try driving without assistance, I.e. No speedometer in bottom right, no distance to destination in top left etc. Also it would look better when taking screenshots. Is there a way of turning these off without plugging in a keyboard?

If not then it would be great if you could implement this in a future update DTG.

2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

If you plug a keyboard into your PS4 then control + 1, 2, 3, etc.. turns off specific parts of the HUD. Also F1 will turn off everything in the HUD. Regarding screenshots, again if you plug a keyboard in them control + F12 will take a high res screenshot and it won't capture the HUD. I agree that DTG need to implement some of these options on the Xbox/PS4 controller.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Ok. Thankyou.

4. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

i actually came here to say that too, the only problem is that you cant zoom with a controller so it would be difficult to see brake pressure and amps etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I find it a strange omission that you can turn everything off in the options, apart from the speedo in the bottom right....I suspect it's because we can't zoom in-cab because they decided the PS4 version has to have low res textures on the dials and switches

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The question was asked regarding this on one of Matts streams recently. He wasnt aware that mice werent working on consumers playstations. As they functioned normally on the DTG development machines. So they are aware now. The reason given for not having zoom on controllers was the lack of buttons available, thought it was a bit cluttered already. He seemed open to the alternative suggestions given in the stream comments.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Lack of buttons hahaha...

They need to take a leaf out of Elite Dangerous... Every button in that game potentially have 4 functions per button, the Square, Circle, Cross and Triangle have their own function but also can be held (like a shift key) which allows for all the Dpad buttons to have an additional function, the R1 & 2 and L1 & 2 are the same, plus the touchpad operates as 4 buttons (press each corner) add to this the 4 'shift' buttons and that's an additional 20 buttons right there. But the best feature, is clicking the R3 then the headlook is operated by the motion control feature of the Dualshock 4, absolutely intuitive... So for me if Frontier can get all this functionality from a PS4 controller, other 'sims' don't really have an excuse

• Like Like x 2