Road Map Roadmap - February 2023

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

The number is exactly two. Aren't you exaggerating a bit?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Cool, so more reskinned broken content sold as new once again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Live stream is available to watch here, timestamped and all:

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They certainly acknowledged it at the time the route came out and myself and others commented on it. But I haven't heard any reference to it recently.

Can you imagine how utterly immersion breaking watching a silent 8F hauling a heavy freight train on one the steep gradients will be!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Trains fly past almost silent, when your a passenger no thrash from engine. When waiting at stations no exhaust noise. Will put me off the new route unless fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well yes I agree if they don't fix it, it will be another reason not to purchase the new route, amongst the others. I have TSC for steam anyway. Thre are still some great locos from all the UK regions being produced for TSC and plenty of routes which have realistic start and end points.

7. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I agree, I think it's important for Rivet to take action to respond quickly. It is when even the smallest things take away from the immersion that it becomes a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It appears it's delayed there other project. Which is gladly so as they should fix and update there content.

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Now we just have to hope that fixing this route doesn’t mean the other gets less time.

It’s becoming a chore now on TSW where we get a route release & then have to wait a month for it to get patched into an actual release ready state.

• Like Like x 3
  10. kobo

kobo Active Member

From a singular screenshot i saw, it seems like the NJT Multilevels are numbered incorrectly. They are supposed to be Numbered 70xx for cab cars, 72xx for bathroom cars, and 75xx for non bathroom cars. something tells me they didn't notice this or it's another glitch.

11. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

They are funny people. They're buying a buggy DLC from everywhere for a whopping price, and they're glad the maintainer is making a fix.
    Poor world....

• Like Like x 1
  12. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I’m a bit concerned why we haven’t seen any screen shots of the NJ transit cab car yet, I’m worried we’ll have a repeat of the DB br 101 without a cab car. The NJT trains never run without the cab car unless it’s a rolling stock move to one of the maintenance facilities.

13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Been Looking forward to the Class 43 update, and glad the “00000” bug is getting fixed, are the liveries shown in the screenshots to be uploaded officially by DTG to CC or not?

Glad Rivets picked up on a lot of the issues and not swept it to one side for an eternity. If it was delayed until the update and the announcement of the possible potential of real sounds, I doubt it would have received such a negative reception as it did.

14. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Cab car was confirmed during the summit stream and during the roadmap.

15. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I remember in a couple of roadmaps after the release of SOS (can't remember exactly which ones) Matt mentioned that the AI sounds had been fixed and was awaiting testing then release. Makes you wonder doesn't it!?!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

So next week there will be ONE stream for THREE DLCs?! Remember the days when we got 3 streams for 1 DLC? I don’t appreciate this trend, less and less streams, it would be nice to have more previews with as empty as the schedule is…

• Like Like x 6
  17. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

For some reasons ;) I focus mainly on core features and special projects of road maps, DTG made me very sensitive about improvements and requested fixing... For example I just want my purchased SOS start beeing playable... New routes can wait till then.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Another month STILL no tsw2 update.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dinosbacsi

Do not worry, they are just waiting for a build and release slot. /s

• Like Like x 2
  20. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Havent they been saying that for like 4 months? ^^;

21. Dinosbacsi

More like a year, if not even longer.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Brendan Millea

Brendan Millea Member

I was wondering the same thing lol

• Like Like x 2
  23. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think they are waiting for me to drop dead, then they'll release an update fixing most (not all, that would be too much), of my broken TSW2.:)

• Like Like x 1
  24. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Okay, so I hear you both saying stuff about TSW2 Preservation Crew, but it sounds to me as if fixes will apply to TSW3 first.... still. Overlapping buffers are not only in SOS, they are throughout the game, from MSB, through to Tharandter Rampe freight, Aachen freight, NTP all have overlapping/clanking buffers. They are all well documented throughout these forums. Then there's the broken London Commuter 166 route where it is impossible to drive from Reigate to Gatwick due to no follow through signal on the red at Redhill. Contacting signaller does nothing and one can wait here for eternity, or until absolute boredom/frustration sets in and leave the entire game. Peninsula Corridor still can't get most trains through to San Jose due to derailing. Again,already well documented. I could go on, but really, what is the point? More frustration? Some of us are now so close to the end of our useful lives, we do not see any advantage to acquiring TSW3, as we once had a perfectly acceptable game, but now we are left with still some mighty scenery, nice looking rolling stock, locos, train sets etc..but a heck of a lot of frustration and dare I say, bitter disappointment? I've heard this "draw a line under it" line before, so I have very little faith in anything positive coming to my game before my death.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Dinosbacsi

I assume it's some of the fixes that already released for TSW3? Things like the sound fixes, M3 alerter issues, etc?

26. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

DTG JD Do you know if the Peninsula Corridor preservation crew updates are going to fix the timetable problems with the Bombardier bi-level cab car?

• Like Like x 2
  27. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Between New York - Trenton, NEC: New York, Harlem Line, and LIRR, I'm counting four electric routes based in New York. Add Boston Sprinter, a third route for the NEC. Meanwhile, we're sitting at (0) for Los Angeles, (0) for Chicago, and (0) for Kansas City, all places with tremendous potential.

Just like how there's more to the UK than London, there is far more to the US than New York.

• Like Like x 1
  28. farLander#3643

farLander#3643 Member

Not JD but last month Matt said on the roadmap stream that this fix will be rolled out with the Peninsula Corridor/CN: Oakville preservation crew update. I've also wanted this fix for a while, so much so that I actually put in a ticket for it right around the turn of the year lol

If you're desperate Matt also mentioned they still work if you spawn on foot and go to the service start location at the right time

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  29. rennekton#1349

Dtg don't have those licenses so can't create those routes. The problem with the US is that licenses are very difficult to get or unable to be obtained at all

30. rennekton#1349

It is. It's a ui issue

31. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

DTG Alex do you know when these updates will come out?

32. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

This is my main point of the roadmap Screenshot_20230211-184500_Chrome.jpg

33. rennekton#1349

When it's ready. Unless you want rivet to rush an update out. Those are large amounts of fixes so just be patient

34. rennekton#1349

They are also responsible for helping out 3rd parties join tsw and teach them the tools, tsw3 feature upgrades such as new lighting on older routes, etc. Their roles are numerous and growing

35. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

Aha, that's good to know - thanks!

Unfortunately this doesn't work for all the services. Some of the baby bullet services replace "regular" services while others are net new. The replacement ones aren't accessible via spawning, while others are. I estimate around half of the Bombardier cab car services are completely inaccessible.

How about Tri Rail? They've already done it in TSC.

36. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Which is unbranded, much like the other US commuters that are not licensed in TSC.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  37. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

LA has issues with Metrolink licensing
    Chicago has issues with Metra licensing
    Kansas City is plausible for Freight and Amtrak, but Grainger Heartland was such a bad route for TSC. So lazy that they didn't even make a new city skyline

Realistically, the only place I can see DTG adding a new area that has passengers in the modern era is Amtrak California, for either the Capitol Corridor or San Joaquin Line. Surfliner has issues with the Metrolink or Coaster licensing.

• Like Like x 1
  38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I think they should make a major overhaul not small update, they should fix all the scenery and add more city vibes to it, that way it up to standard with at least the Harlem Line, also rework the ats system :mad::(:|

39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

i don't know why but i have a feeling that they are going to make another LIRR route this coming summer, that could be the reason why only small update for now. Another one could be more US Layer such the Metro North Connecticut Line- Red Line with the M8 because of the soon to be release NY-Trenton, also the Amtrak Acela, cause it would make sense why they are doing this. Slowly by slowly i believe they will start connecting the route together, and then eventually in the future merge all the route together. :o:D;)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

One of my constant gripes with this push towards the NEC/New York stuff is that the only Amtrak equipment in TSW is electric. Despite Amtrak having a presence on Cajon Pass, Cane Creek (technically), Horseshoe Curve, and Sand Patch, we still don't have any services with Superliner consists or even the regional trains. Considering how often DTG loves to reuse trainsets, I'm surprised we haven't seen a P42 and Superliner consist that gets reused on those four routes.

Heck, at this point, I'd be content with some sort of Amtrak-focused route based on the Chicago yards and terminal. A quick glance indicates 55 Amtrak trains arriving and departing daily from Chicago. That's quite a lot of activity!

• Like Like x 1
  41. Blacknred81

Give how DTG seems to be alternating US routes between Passenger and freight, I don't see a new LIRR route till at least the end of this year.

42. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not gonna get interested for the next US freight route at this point. Predicting that it might as well be another modern for which ever Class Is comes next in mind, with only ES44s and ACes for the Mainline Long Haul and GP38s or SD40s for switching because why not these days, and doesn't matter if they're layered or not.

I may enjoy myself the next mountain route than anyone else, but even my taste for american freight is getting staled soon enough if there's nothing different or special from the last one, and I'm ain't talking about scenery either.

• Like Like x 3
  43. rennekton#1349

Dtg also have a mbta and now njt license so there's a possibility we'll see one of those routes being made

44. aquapacific

aquapacific Member

Hope Linke Rheinstrecke will be set between 2000-2002early because BR 101 146 & 403 are already entered service, and Schnellfahrstrecke Frankfurt-Köln is still not open which means we can have the busiest service ever. So we can get 401 403 101 103 110 155 145 146 and as more as possible. To be short, it's a magical time that can have great performance in frequency and variety at the same time.

45. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

The missing annonunce calls for Dumblane and similar shorter routes, and also when taking over a train from on foot, wan't mentioned in the stream. What about fixes here?

46. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

According to the Spring Summit stream, the year of the route is 1997 - though would love an alternate timetable for all the rolling stock you mentioned though, that would be epic!

47. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would at least hold out hope for a vintage pre-Amtrak US route. DTG have deals with all four surviving Class 1s, which means all the fallen flags which they absorbed. And the F7 and SD40 are already in game, so they have two additional locos they could include in a 1960s route, as well as the Clinchfield freight cars. All they need are Budd or Pullman lightweight coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Blacknred81

I mean, we were supposed to with the ATSF F7, but that didnt happen. DTG didnt even bother with the CRR stock for it.

• Like Like x 3
  49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

True. :(

• Like Like x 2
  50. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I was actually only asking that was all, i wouldn't want Rivet to rush an update out with the large amount of fixes that need to be rectified