Ai Doesnt Take Over?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mattloveday1987, Feb 11, 2023.

1. mattloveday1987

mattloveday1987 New Member

Hi All

This isnt the first route or time i have had this but in tonights example i have driven a 377 from Brighton to Victoria and then on the same trains return journey to brighton getting off at gatwick. I then wait the two minutes and click give up control. AI driver appears and doors close but then the train just sits....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Are the signals green or is it the right service time? Those could be possible reasons

3. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I have seen this on other route/trains as well. When you reach your final stop and you select back to free roam, the train will not depart for the rest of it's journey

4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

No idea at what point or after what update it has broken, but it wasnt an issue 1 year ago, that for sure.
    Sometimes i managed to leave the train in a setup, where a.i would take over and it worked, so the train left. But it wasnt sucessfull all the time.

I noticed the player starts to get the scorepoints of the driving a.i in cases the departure worked. So maybe take over a new service will solve the problem?

Anyway this should get adressed. Doing multiple services and change to an entire other train without going back to menu is part of the immersion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

At one point there was a problem with the AI drivers not recognizing open doors or not being able to close the doors. I thought that might have been fixed.

There is also the ongoing red light issue that leaves a lot of services stuck. That has also been improved, but not 100% solved.

6. StormFront345

StormFront345 Member

I have found, that if you don’t set up the cab properly before you leave, then the AI can not move the train. Same as if you were taking the return service yourself. Set brakes to off or as appropriate. Remove/turnoff keys etc.
    I would also suggest disabling warning/safety systems. I got one AI train moving just to have it stopped by the alerter.This may vary by train and route.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1