PlayStation Rsn - Rb91 Siegen Hbf - Hagen Hbf Bugged???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Northlander, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I hope I'm wrong on this, but as I'm currently finding it, this service is impossible to play.

Shortly after leaving the starting station, you come to a 70kph speed limit warning (not the actual signal but a distance signal) So as I understand it, under PZB you then need to acknowledge it, then get your speed down (from 100kph) to the 70 before you reach the next main signal. The problem is, as soon as you pass the distance signal that warns you, and you start to make preparations, the game instantly hits you with a 1000Hz warning and deploys the emergency brakes as I'm trying to reduce my speed as expected! WTF!!!

What am I doing wrong or is this yet more classic DTG shoveling untested product??? I'm really becoming cheesed off with having my support dumped on with something I was 100% behind, only to find it's unplayable...I'll say it again, if it's me that's doing it wrong, fair enough, but honestly, it cannot be this hard?

2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

You have to press acknowledge within 2 second after you pass the magnet.. so, just press it while you drive over it. Then you have 20 or so seconds to be below that speedlimit on the lamp.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Northlander

Northlander Guest

You're right, but I've just discovered that on PS4, the button that controls AWS and DSD on the UK routes only works with the Sifa alarms on RSN - PZB doesn't acknowledge with the same button, so when I've been pressing it, it hasn't responded....the only work around is using the cursor and the actual button on the desk (but this isn't ideal)

4. Sintbert

Jea, i encountered the bug in the BR143 on PC when playing with a controller.
    But so far every other loco works just fine for me.
    Could you test if PZB works with other locos?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Are you mean't to get an audible warning when passing speed change magnets (PZB alarms) or is it down to just watching for speed posts?

6. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

PZB should not sound an audible alarm if you acknowledge the alert in time. It's meant to be a driver's vigilance device of sorts. PZB magnets on RSN will be at most or all signals and at speed boards denoting a decrease of speed, usually when the train is being slowed from speeds greater than 100 km/h, although there are some exceptions I think.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I've only ran into 1000Hz magnets at the moment on the service I'm running at speed changes (apart from the starting station where you start under monitoring - the 70 and 85 lamp alternate) but happy knowing you don't get an alarm....it's all down to being aware of what's going on outside as you drive. PZB controller bug aside, it works pretty well, once you are watching for the signs to alert you to speed changes and you can prepare to acknowledge passing the magnet. Ironically, when you drive the BR143 from the other end (BR 767.2) the circle button on the PS4 controller actually works both Sifa AND PZB as expected!

8. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Good to hear that everything's working alright for you. If you want a chance to try out your PZB skills, then I'd recommend the scenario Heavy Metal which is, if done with PZB and Sifa, is an incredibly rewarding experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

I've reported this bug to DTG. I spent hours trying to work out why it wasn't work8ng til I realised the circle button wasn't triggering the PZB acknowledge switch. Strange as it works with sifa

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Has anyone tried a service in complete darkness with pzb on? That is a challenge as you can only see speed limit boards at the last second!

11. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Had a response from DTG, they want to know my PS4 serial number and controller details as they say not everyone is having this issue

12. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Really? Maybe a lot of people use the switch on the desk so wouldn't know?

13. Northlander

Northlander Guest

But using the switch isn't the best as you only have 2 seconds to press it... And the sensitivity of the cursor with the controller leaves a lot to be desired for

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Yes personally I use O

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ali D

Ali D Member

I bought a Logitech keyboard from Argos 13 quid.. I use that only thing that doesn't work is brake key .. online manuals on steam website show you the controls .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I'd like to, but if you want that to operate the PZB you're out of luck

17. idiosis

idiosis Member

Was this issue ever addressed in a patch?

18. Sintbert

At least on PC this was fixed in a patch witch came out together with LIRR i think. I have not tested it myself yet, just read in the patchnotes.

19. idiosis

idiosis Member

Sorry - I meant the circle button on PS4 not acknowledging PZB.

20. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Yes fixed

• Like Like x 1