PC Ruhr Sieg Nord Service Db80401.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by daveking8, Sep 4, 2018.

1. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Finnetrop to Hagen. When ready to leave after coupling to wagons at Plettenberg, ground signal 18 826 remains at danger. Have tried tab, request to pass but can't move ! Message says denied - no route. Is this a bug in the programme ?

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

No what it means is there is a train ahead of you that has not yet cleared out of your way. You check this by pressing the 9 key to bring up the 2d map. Then move the map in the direction of your travel and you will see the train that needs to clear out of your way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Thanks for the reply. Have checked ahead, nothing in front for miles. Waited and waited ..... gave up disappointed. Ground signal at danger, the target point is 250 m away where there is another red signal before re-joining the main line.

4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

It does seem to be a bug of some kind. I passed control over to the AI after encountering this one, but it too seems to have this problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Newbury

The other thing to do if you have not tried it, is to press the tab key to get permission to pass the danger signal.

6. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Thanks for the replies, I have tried the tab key = denied. Tried driving on = game over ! Perhaps Dovetail might have the answer ?

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Did you resume a saved game? This may cause a signalling issue. Only solution is to start over a gain with the game and play the service as one run.

• Like Like x 1
  8. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Cheers Rudolf I did start the run again but still had the same problem .....

9. Michael Newbury

Okay I had a chance to run the service and I think I know where you went wrong.
    Step 1 you were to bring your train to a stop at Plettenberg 804
    Step 2 press the tab key for permission to pass signal
    Step 3 put train in reverse and back train into siding and uncouple the last 5 cars
    Step 4 put train in forward and pull back up Plettenberg 804 and uncouple the remaining cars
    Step 5 move loco forward to stop point
    Step 6 put loco in reverse and press tab to pass danger signal and couple to the 15 cars
    Step 7 put loco in forward and pull forward to stop point again
    Step 8 put back into reverse and press tab again and couple to the 15 cars
    Step 9 pull forward to stop signal and wait for passenger train to pass then you will be on your way

Hope this helps

10. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Thanks, will try it again from the start ........

11. Michael Newbury

Let me know how you make out.

12. Kojo62

Kojo62 Active Member

I too have had issues with this service. In 4 attempts, I have only been able to complete it once. All others resulted in me getting stuck at a red signal at some point, regardless of how long I wait it out, never getting permissions to pass, even when I have a track to myself and no other trains are visible on the map. It seems like there is exactly one narrow way to succeed, if you do everything perfectly and exactly in sequence, but many ways to simply get stuck. It's incredibly frustrating.

13. Michael Newbury

If you follow the steps I posted you should not have any issues.

14. Kojo62

Kojo62 Active Member

Thanks for the advice, and I did read your post. But as I said, I have completed it once successfully, so I know it is possible. That wasn't my point. My point was that there service overall is, shall we say, touchy. It has too many paths for failure and is far too easy to glitch out. So there's room for improvement in its parameters.

15. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hi folks!
    On my end this service is very bugged. Waiting sufficiently long a train rides up to you and couples up to you and drives away.
    Whaaaaa
    :D

Prof

16. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with this service, I played it very often because i like it more then just driving from A to B.

17. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Steps 6 and 8 are the same without dropping off the 15 cars -- how is that possible?

18. Michael Newbury

I only followed the instructions given.

19. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

While this may not be the exact issue you guys have been having, I've been having a very similar issue on this service, with signal 18 N804 (the one that's just behind your train if you pull up to 18 S824, on Plettenberg 804). Whenever I pull right up to 824, I can't get permission to pass the signal at danger, in any direction (using the reverser to set direction, not sure if that even does anything).
    This time, I stopped slightly before, so my train didn't clear 804 quite yet, and I could get permission to pass the signal at danger.

Although, continuing on this service, I get a lot of red signals I can't pass...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Numerous scenarios and more especially services include a red signal that cannot be passed (No route available) message. In some cases, this means that another train has the right of way. The 2d map may or may not display this train which, in some cases I believe, may be hidden in a portal, but still causes a red signal. In other cases, if you wait long enough, the signal may turn green, meaning, again according to my theory, that you have arrived at that signal either too soon or too late.
    In my experience, the best solution is to press the escape key and select exit the game. Then, if your still in the mood, start TSW again, select the same scenario of service, and try again. In most situations, I think that almost all scenarios and services are written based on having the engineer/driver drive at the posted speed limit as much as possible (or perhaps even faster -- I've never encountered any kind of a penalty for speeding (although we're not allowed to know how the completion scores are calculated).

I have completed this scenario successfully, but don't ask me how. Good luck!

21. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

I've completed it successfully now as well, by driving it in the DB BR 185.2 instead of the 143. I had only tried in the 185.2 until now, never worked. The 143 worked first time. It's a bit odd really.