Train Sim World 3 Nyc Subway: (g) Train

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by transitjay#2398, Feb 20, 2023.

1. transitjay#2398

transitjay#2398 Member

The (G) Train, commonly called the Independent Subway System or "IND" Crosstown Line runs 11 miles between Church Avenue in Brooklyn, & Court Square in Queens. This line has 21 stations, it's mostly underground but two stations above ground. It is one of 3 single trunk lines in the system (the other two being the (7) & (L) Lines. This route has the possibility of including services from some other lines, like (A) & (C) Lines at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets, & the (F) Line between Bergen Street & Church Avenue.

Rolling Stock:

Today as of 2023 the (G) Train uses only 1 rolling stock, in 2021 the (G) had two different types of rolling stock which are the R46 & R68 Subway Cars. In mid or late 2022 if I'm not mistaking, the MTA planned to put CBTC on the IND Culver Line between Bergen Street & Coney Island, the R46 & R68 type cars was send to the (N), (Q), & (W) Line. The (G) was switched from Coney Island Yard to Jamaica Yard.

R160
    R160A_G_@_Court_Square_Oct_15_2021.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and remember Jamaica Yard is going to get R211T 4040-4059. R211 Propulsion is a Sydney NSW Metropolis train set

• Like Like x 3
  3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

This is a good suggestion. I would definitely like to see DTG make atleast 1 NYC subway route.

Right, if I am correct, I also believe some R46 from Pitkin Yard were also transferred to Coney Island Yard for service on the IND Broadway line for N, Q and W service. Once the section for CBTC between Court Square and Bergen Street is complete, I would definitely like to see the G extended back east to 71st-Continental Avenue, as this would provide a quicker way for residents of Queens to quickly travel to southern Brooklyn without travelling to Manhattan.