Feedback Megathread For New Us Content

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 21, 2023.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

DTG JD DTG Matt I think we are missing a tutorial on Amtrak Acela because when I went to the tutorial, I don't see any Amtrak Acela tutorial, only the one in training which is really not helpful. Where is the tutorial for teaching how to drive the Amtrak Acela, and how to recover the train when you have been trip? Also what happens to that introduction gameplay for the new Amtrak Acela and the New NJ Transit NY Penn to Trenton? :|

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Not sure what you're asking for - there should be the basic go-stop tutorial on training center but I believe that's all the pack comes with in training.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I remember on the live stream Matt said the AC and Heat have sound, but for some reason i do not hear them. Does anyone hear them?

4. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

That is interesting, because both types of hoppers and also the tankers do substitute for me on Series S. However, the boxcars and Geeps never have. As far as getting CC liveries turned on for them, or anything else, I would say not likely. I have brought up this issue many times across multiple routes, and gotten no traction whatsoever.

5. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I do see the tutorial for the Amtrak Acela for the Training Center but not in the Actual Boston to Providence Route. Didn't back then all the train have some kind of introduction gameplay on the actual route?

6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

this was removed for quite a few recent dlcs, so the loco isn’t locked to the route, it’s all on training centre going forward

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

So we have route intro's which are on the routes. We used to do loco tutorials on the route itself but now they are all in training center so that there's no need to own the route - e.g. if someone wanted to buy acela and trenton but not boston, it would still all work just fine. (but why would you do that...:) )

We no longer do the basic tutorials on the route. We do sometimes put more advanced tutorials in and those would need to be on the route since the training center doesnt have the infrastructural support for them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Right now this is not helpful, it doesn't even tell you how to recover the train when it gets trip or when an emergency is activated.

9. AtherianKing

just put the handle back into release for the acela, it’s has no complicated procedure for this as far as I have seen, or re press the emergency button so it releases if that’s how u activated the emergency break

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I made sure to get out of the cab look up down left and right get back in and carry on.

11. Janosch Flemming

Janosch Flemming New Member

Acela Service from Sunnyside Yard to Penn Station: No overhead wires and panto clipping through bridges... 20230222011403_1.jpg 20230222011410_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

How do you activate the safety system on the Acela, also where is the control panel for the passenger light?

13. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Don't think this has been posted to the thread yet, but the upper level only doors open on the low level platforms too. Have also experienced some of the issues others have reported, such as the signalling causing rear endings and livery designer for the cab car just being completely broken. Was going to port my old Amtrak liveries from the Boston Amfleets to the Cab Car, but that's going to have to wait.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping_23-02-21-23-02-10.png

• Like Like x 2
  14. AtherianKing

safety systems are accessible by facing the back wall of the cab, open the door on the right and look to the lower left side wall of the engine room and you will see 3 switches in a row

I think the passenger lights may be Auto/ perhaps they are in the wagon somewhere in real life but I could be wrong on that one, as I haven’t seen it, or they are directly controlled by HEP which I think is above the drivers seat

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

What about the passenger information section in cab? How do you activate or switch destination?

16. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Not my picture but wanted to show AI trains door open
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

not my pictures but want to show.....AI trains no lights, pantos down , no rear markers
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. AtherianKing

Auto

19. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Well, I was able to test the Acela in Boston for a couple of hours (on ps5) and my first impression is that it is a good train, but not excellent. In my opinion it is one or two steps below other products such as DB BR 101, TGV, Javelin, BR 110, Class 465, G6, to say a few. Even its companion on this route, the ACS 64 with the metroliner wagons for my taste is more successful overall.

It is very well modelled, yes, but I find that the cab especially uses lower definition textures than we are used to lately. Everything looks a bit blurry, I don't particularly like the wear and tear and dirt effects and there's a lack of sharpness in general, especially on the screens or the lettering on the buttons that make the whole thing look a bit poor.

Then on the throttle, I don't find much difference between position 1 and position 10. I don't know if this is prototypical of this train but it is strange that the power return is so similar throughout the travel of the lever.

Then the sounds didn't really surprise me either, in fact I was a bit disappointed. I've never travelled on this train to be able to compare but it's as if the recordings are a bit low quality, and the volume is a bit lacking in intensity, especially in the carriages from an outside view. Also, there are virtually no rolling sounds, it's as if the wheels are made of rubber because the squeaks on curves and the thumps at junctions and joints are virtually inaudible.

The horn does sound very good but very often when you stop pressing it the sound is abruptly cut off, drowning out the final reverb effect which is what gives it a nice touch. Similar to what happens on LBN with the 377 and 387.

The doors are very quiet when opening and especially when closing. I have seen some real video and it has nothing to do with it. By the way, they can be opened even when travelling at 150 mph, which is totally incorrect.

The animation to open the coupler compartment is cool but lacking any sound, they could have used a generic one like ICE but nothing.

The safety systems seem to work very well and the tilt system for the carriages is very well done.

Do I regret buying it? Honestly, no. I want to support the train and locomotive dlc's, I have them all and this one was not going to be less. Maybe I could have waited for a discount but hey, it's not that bad either and if DTG fixes a few things it's money well spent.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

What is this that I found on the track? One of the workers is going to get fired today :o

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  21. johntay

johntay Member

Yup ive had it happen as well just had to turn the safety systems off till out tunnel and then back on again works fine after that. Only does it with the Acela strange one

• Like Like x 1
  22. johntay

johntay Member

So far really enjoying the new route and the Acela is just a dream to drive livens up the Boston route and the update to that route itself makes the route so much more enjoyable. I stopped playing Boston for the signaling reason now its fixed thanks to Brandons amazing efforts he has done such a great job for the community. Well Done buddy, I know there is allot of services missing that should rightly be added to what is irl a really busy route the route looks empty but not a empty as i first thought i did see a few passing A.I not as dead as the long island one in my opinion.

Overall rating 8/10 if the small bugs get fixed and more services added to the timetable this would be an easy 10/10 for me.

Thanks to all at DTG and the testers that helped make this route happen you's have done an amazing job got effort keep them coming like this. Hopefully more to come bigger and better next time. This is the first route since SEHS that i have really got stuck into and had to keep alert on speed changes and the safety systems

• Like Like x 1
  23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Where are the track joint noise for the Amtrak Acela, and the NJ Transit? This was the problem with the Metro North Cab Car as well, no joint sound. I mean is it really hard to put in train track joint sound in the game? :|:(

• Like Like x 1
  24. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Have had this weird one happen a few times coming out of the Penn tunnel heading toward Trenton…

Just outside the tunnel where the curve is, I have a clear 125 signal with MAS 75mph from ACSES. Then I get a random ATC drop to 60mph for like 1 second, then immediately back 75mph and then up to 90mph… but that 1 second drop to 60 puts me into over speed and I got a penalty brake.

I’m not an expert on the route or US signals so not sure if this is a bug or something that happens in real life. A workaround I’m using is just ignore the 75mph and keep it at 60mph from the tunnel until I hit the 90mph.

Video:

25. dr1980

dr1980 Member

I ran an Amfleet cab car and the ditch lights to not illuminate unless the bell/horn is used. I believe these would be required to be lit at all times.

Also in that consist I could not get the marker lights lit on the ACS-64. They were not on when the service started and at a station stop I walked back and used the marker light switch on the back wall of the ACS-64 but still no marker lights.

Also I had a lot of false medium approach cab signals on this run as well.

26. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Cross-rail?

27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Running them down the track sideways would probably exceed the loading gauge

• Like Like x 1
  28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There are no track joints. Welded rail.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Some small observations.

The good:

1. The doors between Amfleet cars on NYC-Trenton have been fixed. The big heavy doors and now correctly propped open. I don't think this has been fixed on the Boston route.
    2. I passed the TSW2 livery ACS-64 as AI on the Trenton route. I expected it would be stuck on Boston.
    3. Newark Penn's texturing looks much better than it did yesterday on the stream. It really looked flat and washed out yesterday on YouTube.
    4. Some (UK) PIS screens seem to show destinations off the map, but not all.
    5. It's fun to drive. And an Acela run of 44 minutes is just about the right length of gameplay for me.
    6. Newark Liberty now has the train tracks that go to the airport. (No train though)
    7. You can start a service in Boston and pickup the same train number at Penn Station.

The bad:
    1. Inside the East River Tunnel you can hear a train when it passes you going the other way in the other tunnel tube.
    2. I noticed the missing wires in the yard too.
    3. The train washer in Sunnyside may have been removed. At least, it doesn't have an icon on the 2D map.
    4. Not enough AI traffic.
    5. The platforms at Newark Penn don't have the TSW2-style "climb up anywhere" option. You have to use the old-school fake steps. There's also no way to pass from platform to platform without crossing the tracks.
    6. I had lots of stuttering and frame-rate drops just walking around Trenton without any trains in the station. I didn't see that in other places.
    7. I don't know if this is realistic, but I spawned on foot in Trenton and had an Acela pull into the platform right behind a Keystone service. I have no idea if this is allowed in real life, but it seemed weird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

First off, hats off to DTG on NYT - the team has really captured the feel of North Jersey along the NEC. An example of this is at Hamilton - you guys did a fantastic job modeling the station and its immediate surroundings. I've caught a train there many times, and can safely say this is pretty much as close as it gets to real life (you even modeled the outdoor area with railings on the northbound side where I smoke a cigarette!). Same at Metropark - the station unique features (canopies, railings, the Dunkin Donuts downstairs), the parking garage, and the general atmosphere all bring me back to the station in my mind. Well done. Overall, the vibe is so Jersey that I can smell the Taylor Ham frying in the bodegas from the streets below.

Second, the rolling stock is fantastic. The NJT bilevels are absolute gems, and they truly feel like the real thing. It is clear that there was keen attention to detail paid here. Acela is a dream, and clearly a great amount of work went into making it feel as such. Sounds are spot-on across the board. Really, really great work guys.

Finally, here's my feedback - from Trenton all the way to the Hudson River Tunnel portal, you've done a spectacular job. Once we cross under the Hudson into New York, we enter into Penn Station...and it'sreally disappointing. The station feels dead with the lack of trains/services, and the station itself hasn't been updated (noticeably) since the original NEC Penn-New Rochelle. At a bare minimum, it would've been nice to have updated signage and lighting, as the platforms have undergone small, yet signature upgrades in recent years. Big bonus points would be awarded for the windowed West End Concourse, instead of the enclosed drab, tiled walkways over the tracks that have been in TSW since its inception. Please update Penn. Granted, it's an underground hole (that I commute in and out of every day on LIRR), but it has distinguishing features that should be incorporated to really make it pop.

A few intermittent bugs:
    - On some services, the destination signage/PIS on the NJT trains is broken - NY-bound train PIS alternates between "Trenton" and "TRAIN".
    - Station PIS is somewhat broken, some signs display large blocks of orange in place of letters/text.
    - Pantograph on the ALP-46 is down for some services while the train is running

Overall, this was an amazing effort by your team, and you should be proud of your work. As a customer, this was a solid purchase. Please fix Penn Station, and this would be as close to a 10/10 as it could get for me.

Thank you all for taking the time to develop this route. You clearly put a lot of love into this, and as a New Yorker, it fills my heart to see my beloved region depicted with such great care.

• Like Like x 4
  31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

then what is this

• Like Like x 1
  32. ajp31

ajp31 Member

Indeed. I forgot my maths there for a moment…! 180 degrees ought to do the trick.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

New York - Trenton Related Issues
    • ACS-64 displays are washed out, just do the the ATC and ACSES tutorial to see this. I.e. why have a tutorial when you can't read the signal displays it's supposed to highlight
    • The ACS-64 Door status display does not always align with actual door status (sometimes flipped - Doors Open and Yellow box when Doors are closed, Doors Closed, no box when doors are open). Opening both sides, then closing individually can correct the state
    • In the ASES tutorial, the third voiceover 'ASES relays signal aspects and speed restrictions to the equipment in the cab. You should always follow in cab-signalling, even if you have not enabled positive of ASES' - I understand the intent, but it doesn't make sense
    • When leaving Penn Station, the track speed is 15mph, but the signal speed is 20mph, and maximum authorized speed is stated as 20. The tutorials state sticking to the maximum authorized speed, which can be drastically higher than authorized track speed
    ALP-46
    • The ASES tutorial tells you to set the brake to SUPPRESSION when you have an alert, but the ALP-46 doesn't have a SUPPRESSION setting. Appears the tutorial was a copy/paste from the ATC/ACSES
    Acela Express
    • The clocks on the Acela displays say AM even in the afternoon
    • Cannot hear the door closing sounds inside or outside the car
    Multi-Levels
    • Interior lights don't seem functional, can make cars very dark

• Like Like x 3
  34. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

I have a strange situation with the ALP loco... I have no speed or signal change and out of the blue the loco gives a penalty brake with in the hud a red 79... I had no possibility to reset this penalty brake...

What i have tested was....
    - wait for the final stop
    - brake in emergency and and reset the brakes
    - turn off all systems

no result evertime i turn on the safety systems it comes back... no reset posible....

What do i wrong? Or is this a bug?

35. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

The tilt on the First Class car of the Acela is broke. It does not even out on straight track.

36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Where is the door? :o:o:(
    upload_2023-2-21_23-15-57.jpeg

37. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

No door, just the bar on the right side of the door frame which should be up (that's a bug)

38. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

proceeds to use video of welded rail to show welded rail?

39. TheMtnFlyer

TheMtnFlyer New Member

I haven't had any success with the interior lights on the NJT multi-levels either. But then I see in Ant Craft 's post an image that seems to show the lights working. So not sure if I'm missing something or if currently the interior lights only seem to work at certain times of day perhaps (I haven't done any night runs on the route yet)?

40. stephenbabalola01

stephenbabalola01 Member

there is still a portion of the line that has joints all be it scattered. The Newark area has lots of joints. Also, joints are not present when traveling over switches

41. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

I've been having some troubles with the ALP-46. When taking over from the AI on a timetabled service, I enter the cab and get the train set up.. but the cab display screens say that the tractive effort is at 100%, no matter where I position the master control switch. The pantographs are up, reverser of forward, brakes are all off, and all systems seem normal, but I can't get the locomotive to supply any power whatsoever.

42. SCAX874

SCAX874 New Member

Really enjoying the new content so far. Great job to DTG.

One thing I would point out with the Boston Sprinter update is that there are now no brake application air sounds at all on the MBTA F40 and Cab Car. While it's better than having the unending air sound loop which they removed, it would be great if the air brake application sound could be added in correctly as it was when the route was first released, so that you have a short air sound with each brake application for more immersion/realism.

43. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Been diving into looking at the paints closely for the UP Heritage Pack, and oh boy, it doesn't look good. I'm gonna compile a list of the errors and post them here.

44. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

What does lap brake do? I don't see it does anything on the lap setting
    Where is the suppression on the Alp46 brake control, cause I don't see it say suppression.

45. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

PC Epic Version here!
    My report regarding new US contents, in this case the UP Heritage Pack.

1. Headlight Flare is barely visible (well i can say it's invisible even on bright settings; and
    2. Experiencing a Unreal Crash when playing the scenario where all 6 heritage SD70ACe being parked on roundhouse. The crash occur when im unlocking the turntable control.

Thanks

No headlight flare
    [​IMG]

46. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I am trying to make a point that there is joint sound on the rail, the rumbling sound of cars going from side to side the thud thud thud thud

47. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

You must apply some reduction first, say make a 8 pound reduction. Move the auto brake lever to apply/application until your ER (Equalizing Reservoir) dropped from 110 to 102, then move the auto brake handle to lap position in order to maintain the 8 pound reduction you've applied.

48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Does anyone know where is the control for the passenger light on the Alp 46 njt cab car, cause when i went into the cab the light is off?

49. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Is this suppose to be how Newark Station look like this dull?
    upload_2023-2-22_1-20-9.jpeg

50. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Was there supposed to be a little step in front of the platform at Newark? I am stuck on the ground:|
    upload_2023-2-22_1-21-23.jpeg

• Like Like x 1