Community Opinion For Amtrak Metroliner Cab Car

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by porawit, Feb 23, 2023.

1. porawit

porawit Member

What's the community thinking about the return of the Amtrak Metroliner Cab? Any bugs encountered?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I've never bought the original nec ny route since so don't know. I still like it cuz it's new for me

3. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

With the ATC on and ACSES on I get put into emergency for reasons unknown (not breaking any speed restrictions). I can not recover from this. Even after turning off all safety systems, taking out the reverser, and doing a fresh startup.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can you share a video of this happening so we can try to help?

5. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

Thank you Matt for your reply. I will create one tonight (US EST) when I get off from work.

I am loving the route and the Accela.

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Are you making sure to acknowledge all speed reductions and putting brakes into suppression when it tells you go slow down?

7. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

Yes, I was practicing by just using the in-cab speedometer with all safety systems off as well with no issues.

8. porawit

porawit Member

Matt I think ditch lights on Metroliner That's wrong. It should be on when you turn on the headlights. In the game it is only ditch lights In real life, it's both a headlight and ditch lights

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

I think I had the same issue too. Did a full trip to but coming into Trenton got a penalty brake twice (I think) despite chucking it into Suppression straight away and acknowledging as per the numerous times previous. Not sure what I did wrong.

10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The Metro liner cab car in livery editor wrong 1st it pictured as a coach and you can't edit it.

11. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I have been watching the livestreams that Brandon has done on the new route. If you have not seen them, they are worth a watch for his comments.

12. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I accidently hit the Pantograph button on my RailDriver and lost power. But I couldn't restore power without going to the ACS-64 on the other end.

I realize this might be 100% prototypical, but it was difficult to diagnose the exact problem, particularly with the pantograph bugs we have seen on launch.

13. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I like it. I generally don't like cab cars but for whatever reason I enjoy operating this one. I always liked the sleek 60s look of Amfleet/Metroliner and the history of the Metroliner is cool.

I've had a few weird brake/penalties but I am not experienced enough with ACSES/ATC to figure out if its a train bug, a signal bug, or just me not reacting correctly to something. I will keep playing and get more experience.

One thing with the penalty brake I think you need to put in handle off to reset?

14. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

pveezy, correct, put the automatic brake in the handle off position to recover.

15. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

Matt, I could not replicate that issue last night but, I will try what Sharon E has mentioned and let you know.

Thank you Matt and Sharon E