Feedback Megathread For New Us Content

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Red Signal issue on a NJ Transit Multi-Level Cab Car trip i did and was also on my Livestream and me and all my viewers clear seen this after 20mins sitting at this signal just on the other side of the Bridge at Newark Penn station i could not finish the trip sorry to say but this needs a Cactusjuice Fix and will even say this if there is one trip with this issue others will also be there $58 australian for this is not right here is a screenshot with the red played on PC Steam 20230222221149_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Why is the platform so absurdly low? I thought all the stations between Trenton and NY Penn were high-level platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimfranklin#6042

jimfranklin#6042 New Member

I’m wondering if the NJT ALP-46 brakes are supposed to be as delayed as they are? Makes it hard to judge when to engage and often times end up grinding to a hault when the signalling suddently gives me a yellow. I’ve also noticed some odd signals during runs, such as having a clear signal that suddenly drops to approach and then back to green. I’m wondering if anyone else has seen signal bugs or if this is just how they work? Makes playing with ACSES on frustrating.

4. StormFront345

StormFront345 Member

I had feeling the same was happening on Boston with the MTBA cab car. ATC Was holding for an extended distance before a crossover.

5. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

In addition to the Amfleet wheel blur fix, the ACS-64 has the same issue. Both the Boston and Trenton version of the loco still have that ugly TSW2 wheel blur, despite them being meant to be TSW3 routes with TSW3 standards now (Trenton is TSW3 brand new, and Boston is now listed as a TSW3 route in the store and not just TSW3 compatible, so I'd expect they are both supposed to have TSW3 spec wheels).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The graphical updates to NY Penn should have been dealt with a long time ago. Trains clipping through platforms or other ‘solid’ scenery is unacceptable and was included in my open letter to DTG a good while ago. It is obvious DTG couldn’t care less as long as DLC is still selling - we are fools for continuing to buy this poor excuse of frankly expensive subpar content. Nothing will ever change until we send a clear, financial message to the powers that be.

• Like Like x 18
  7. NB642

NB642 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Passenger Light for these new American Rolling stock such as the Alp 46 cab car, Amtrak Acela, and Keystone Passenger Car Does not appear to be on. Did anyone realize this? Do I have to turn it on manually, if so where do i turn it on.:|
    upload_2023-2-23_12-17-19.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. ngc427

ngc427 Active Member

Oh boy, do I have issues after playing the new DLCs for a few days...

• On one service with the Acela on NYT, I was cleared into a station with a Keystone service already in the station itself, even ACSES didn't stop me as I had an approach signal leading into the station (2159 Boston South Station - Washington)
    • The texture baking on the Katy heritage unit is beyond horrible, almost all of the pre-existing decals are baked black on the model, which is absolutely unacceptable as even a blender beginner like me knows not to do that. There are also other details that are incorrect (the nose logo on the CNW unit reading "employee and northwestern owned", the SD70ACe text being red on the DRGW unit, etc)
    • Some platforms along the route clip into rolling stock pretty majorly, as well as the wheels of the NJT rolling stock being embedded into the rails, both pretty major immersion-breakers
    • On the Acela, just as you leave NYP, there's a random split second drop to 60MPH in ACSES which triggers an un-acknowledgeable overspeed warning. This happens on other non-Acela services too, but since they exit the tunnel below 60MPH it doesn't effect much unless if your very close to the limit.
    • The ditchlight switches on the ALP-46, Acela, and Amtrak cab car are broken as well. In the Acela and ALP-46, "Auto" doesn't turn on the ditchlights with the headlights, and won't flash when the bell is rung. In the ALP-46, if the ditchlight switch is on Auto and the bell is rung, the ditchlights turn on steady but don't flash and turn off like they would have been flashing.In the Amtrak cab car, the ditchlights dont turn on at all, and only turn on to flash with the bell/horn.
    • It's rather dissapointing that the full engine room is very clearly modeled on the Acela, but for no good reason at all it's just blocked off. It would be fun to have access to the coaches via walking through the engine.
    • The OHLE outside of New York Penn on the Sunnyside Yard side is completely missing
    • The tunnel just after said missing OHLE has completely broken light baking

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  10. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

So because its timecost there will be no update timetable or any major fix.
    Usual cashgrab and usual unfinished route.
    Sorry but less than 250 services on this route is such a shame. Again a total miss of what this route should have be immersion wise. TSW may have an excellent feeling when timetables are properly done, but no, not here. LIRR is despised because its a ghost of a route, this one has 2 time that much services, still so few...

I suppose that upperstaff is happy and sellings are good enough to move along despite mixed reviews.
    I wanted Acela at least but no, i will spend my money elsewhere. Really disappointed (a common feeling with last DLCs...)

• Like Like x 5
  11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Now I am aware that tunnel lighting has never been a strength of TSW, but what the hell is this? How is this an improvement over what we had before?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  12. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I wonder how many weeks it took to implement all those ai layers passing outside St Pancreas in the SEHS....Someone posted MANY "Easter eggs" of ai outside that station including ICE train inside that station...And of course the high standard set of London Commuter um 1,400+ playable services???and then beyond regarding ai layers...or the branch added in the post patch of the Dresden-Riesa.

And I'm thinking bout getting the Acela to try for Boston Sprinter, but even after the update, many ppl reporting many different bugs and issues on there too..

• Like Like x 6
  13. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I'm just waching cActUsjUiCes stream, and man... that's rough. The amount of signaling issues he experienced just in two services... its mind boggling.
    It's like DTG haven't learning anything from their previous US passenger releases...

I can live with some weirdness here and there, some lighting issues, and even the subpar timetable... but bugged signaling system, that makes you crawl for miles, or randomly drops your speed, applying overspeed penalty, makes the route unplayable for me.

• Like Like x 5
  14. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Can't turn on/off passenger lights in the ALP46 and multilevel coaches.

15. sternyx#9257

sternyx#9257 New Member

Just a small glitch compared to other bugs but the new route is not shown in the in-game filter of USA. It is categorized in "Other". Should be a quick fix but would appreciate if this is corrected.

16. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I don't know if someone mentioned this already but the Acela coaches are so silent even when they passing by at 150 mph. Needs some noise

• Like Like x 3
  17. sternyx#9257

sternyx#9257 New Member

That's pretty weird, here is my screen shot:
    20230223121224_1.jpg

I think it might have something to do with your graphic setting. I've never seen the light behave like that even before the update, and I've played around 50 MBTA services. I am running on High preset with shadow turned to Ultra. On a side note, I did play Red dead redemption 2 on a terrible PC before and that graphic finally let me changed my gear lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I just tried the scenario again. No speed penalties I lost 6 points for stopping accuracy and 50 points for leaving back bay a minute late. My score was 9683 gold is 10000. It’s extremely hard to leave back bay on time east to get to rt 128 and providence on time. This is definitely an impossible gold.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Confirmed, this scenario seems to be broken again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

I don’t think this is worth the money unfortunately.

This will be the last dlc I pick up.

tons of pop in still in a 2023 next gen title on the most powerful console money can buy.
    Washed out colours
    Stuttering
    And driving the Ascela, it was just boring. Hardly any trains about, not many passengers (New York)

turned it off and put something else on.

DTG Alex these guys, myself, we are paying premium prices here, we are your customers and the lifeblood for your product. You guys have to do better. Your bosses need to do better. Do fewer more quality releases otherwise you are going to lose these customers in the long run.

please listen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

All they care about is getting your money, buying it and complaining is the same as buying it and saying nothing. A few patches and then silence. If you really want change you have to get some ability not to buy the first thing offered hoping it will be different. I have done this for a while now, its quite liberating actually, but sadly without more people the message just doesn't get through. This isn't good enough.

• Like Like x 2
  22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

How do you turn on passenger lights for the NJ TRANSIT Multilevel coaches?

24. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

On the Acela express, when you want to accelerate while the cruise control is on, you no longer have control over how much power is applied. Regardless of the position of the throttle, full power is applied while cruise control is set higher than the current speed. This makes it very difficult to control the Acela and causes massive wheel slip issues. Here is a quick video to demonstrate the issue:

Strangely enough, if you want to slow down by setting the cruise control to a lower speed, you can use the throttle lever to control exactly how much dynamic brakes are applied. So you do have control over deceleration, but not over acceleration.

• Like Like x 3
  25. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

Alright, first off, I apologize to everyone in advance for such a long post.

I took the time to take captures of the issues I experienced, as well as some new ones I discovered. All of these were captured on Xbox Series X

• NJT Cab Car Texture Glitch Inside Cab - I noticed that the textures for writing inside the cab of the control car glitch out. The issue worsens as you move. This is similar to the behavior of the Class 377 from London Commuter.

• ACS64 Extra Brake Percentages - The auto brake on the ACS64 goes from Release to 0%-100% to Suppression to 0%-100% to Full Service. The braking should just be Release, 0%-100%, Suppression, Full Service

• AI NJT Train Operating with Pantograph Down - I've spotted multiple NJT trains running with both pantos down... must be the new battery units?

• Amfleet Doors Too Loud - The Amfleet doors opening and closing are dramatically loud and lack the warning chime when closing. Below is my capture from Penn Station in game, along with a YouTube link showing an actual Amfleet closing the door, recorded by YouTuber 233CFH.

Actual Amfleet - https://youtube.com/shorts/Cujk9zrIyrI?feature=share

• Acela Trainsets Configured Incorrectly (Both Boston and New York DLC) - Acela sets are configured so First Class is always on the south (Washington) end of the train. The consists are reversed for both Boston and NY - Trenton DLCs.

• ASES Tutorial Typo - The ASES Tutorial describes it incorrectly as "ACES"

• Incorrect ACS64 History - In the ACS64 Tutorial the instructor incorrectly notes that the ACS replaced "electromotive diesels". In reality, the ACS64 replaced EMD (Electromotive Division) AEM-7 electrics, as well as the HHP-8 units.

• Incorrect NJT Braking Info During ASES Tutorial - The ASES tutorial instructs you to apply into suppression when getting flagged for a speed reduction. NJT units do not possess a suppression state on their braking systems.

• No LIRR Services, But... - I don't understand the lack of LIRR services, especially for AI trains. An M7 is present at Penn Station, and the "placeable" route map even lists West Side Yard and Long Island City, both of which are LIRR facilities.

• Wrong Info for Amtrak Cab Car - DTG has completely neglected to fully research the Amtrak Cab Car. For starters, it is not an "Amfleet Cab Car", it is an ex-Metroliner Cab Car and should be renamed as such. In addition the tutorial unit states that Amfleets were designed as EMUs... they were not. They were derived from the Metroliner design. I've attached excerpts from the excellent book "The Metroliners" by Bruce Goldberg and David Warner to support this evidence.

And to prove that I'm not just some nut Googling information, I genuinely have a library that I've read/am reading that I research from...

DTG, there are some mistakes here that are both simple and complicated in nature, but most of which could have been avoided with some research and better testing. I'm not going to scream and shout that you've lost my business, I want my money back, etc., but I do want it to be known that I have higher expectations of DTG than what was just released and I find these issues disappointing when the DLC was promoted so proudly.

I truly hope that my grievances and those of others noted here are actually all being read and reviewed as promised, and I invite DTG to contact me privately if there is anything I can personally do to help make corrections on this newly released DLC (as well as to avoid any future mistakes in further North American content).

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Noticed a strange bug with the ACS-64 today, not major but an annoying one. It happens in different ways on both versions of the ACS-64.

Trenton ACS-64: when used on either route (Boston or Trenton) there is a yellow “doors open” warning light on the display screen as soon as you spawn, it stays on all the time whether your doors are open or not.

Boston ACS-64: similar issue but different, ON TRENTON: it says “doors closed” when you spawn. Then when you open the doors it stays at “doors closed”. Then when you close the doors again it says “doors open”. And from that point on it is opposite of what is actually happening (says doors open when they are closed, and says doors closed when they are open). ON BOSTON: it says doors closed all the time.

Amtrak 50th/TSW2 livery: behaves same as the Boston regular one.

• Like Like x 2
  27. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

This is what I said earlier on the other thread

28. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Good grief!!!hmmmm and they botched the research of the amtrak cab car sets???"facepalm"

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

Leading up to the release of NYC-Trenton, I was under the impression that the ATC and fixed signals were finally in a good state. But besides the almost ubiquitous non conformity between the fixed signals and the cab signals, there are many progressions that just don't make sense to me when I compare with the actual NORAC rules. Just as some examples:

Approaching Trenton on the right most track (track 4 I think), the fixed signal at the end of the platform is at stop. The signal progression leading up to it:

(ATC) Cab Speed 80 -> (ATC) Approach Medium 45 -> (fixed) Clear & (ATC) Approach Medium 45 -> (ATC) Approach 30 -> (fixed) Approach Medium & (ATC) Restricting 20 -> (fixed) Stop
    Aside from the non conformity going on everywhere, I can at least sort of follow the logic from the ATC progression, but the fixed signals progression makes no sense to me at all. For instance, shouldn't the last fixed signal before the stop signal be Approach instead of Approach Medium? Approach Medium doesn't suggest the next will be stop.

Another strange one I encountered is when you leave Rahway heading for Trenton from the rightmost track (I can't remember which track number that is). You have to join the other 4 tracks just after Rahway and for that purpose the signal at the interlocking is at Medium Clear and the signal at the end of the platform at Rahway is Approach Medium. So far so good, but the progression you get in between is

(fixed) Approach Medium & (ATC) Approach Medium 45 -> (ATC) Approach 30 -> (ATC) Restricting 20 -> (fixed) Medium Clear & (ATC) Approach 30
    Why does ATC drop down to Restricting? Should it not just stay at Approach for the upcoming fixed Medium Clear?

So I don't have access to information about the actual progressions in place, but I can't imagine it is anything like this. I've been rather disappointed so far in the signals on this route.

Also about the thing some people have already mentioned on this thread about ASES giving a seemingly unprovoked emergency brake application after which you can't reset the system, even not by turning everything off and on again, I captured it on video:

I turned safety systems off and continued driving and it seems that the system fixed itself when I got an ATC update.

• Like Like x 3
  30. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Amtrak AmFleet Passenger Car PIS NOT WORKING AT ALL :|:|:|:|:(:(:mad:
    upload_2023-2-24_0-14-45.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Strange Weird Light Shinning through MBTA LOCO, When NO Light is shinning from above on the platform :|:|:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    upload_2023-2-24_0-20-7.jpeg

32. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

33. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Bottom Headlight or tail light NOT LIGHTING UP:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad:
    upload_2023-2-24_0-31-59.jpeg

34. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Have a "helpful" off me, you deserve it for that. Great work.

• Like Like x 1
  35. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

I've said it for a while. They need to stop making new content and fix the tons of DLC's we already have. But, that can't and won't happen because that affects profits. Putting out lackluster, average DLC's upsets the consumer. But, if the consumer keeps purchasing it, should the company care if its quality? People are going to buy it regardless. Peninsula Corridor and Oakville Subdivision have apparently been being fixed for 2 years now.

• Like Like x 2
  36. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

Well, that was allways a thing that confuses, but is acually correct from what I found out!
    The first "suppresssion" is the suppression mode to reset the ATC braking panetly - this has nothing to do with the brake suppression. That's the second suppression before full service.
    I think the only issue here is the UI labeling of the states and that the 0%-100% starts again in the UI. The technical backround however is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  37. NB642

NB642 Active Member

I totally agree here. From what I have seen so far, the conformity between wayside signal and cab signal is wrong more times than it is right. Some of the new users not as familiar with this route and NORAC rules might think this is normal behavior, but this is completely bugged. I was pretty much pleading DTG to consider this exact point when it was announced there’d be a new North American electrified route, but it seems my feedback was mostly ignored: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...tem-feedback-for-usa-route.61329/#post-562321

And yes, some of the wayside signal progressions on their own seem nonsensical and bugged as well. Rule 562 / HDIS signaling should only be in place in two areas of the route:
    1) Ham and County interlockings (Trenton and New Brunswick)
    2) Rea and A interlockings (Harrison and NY Penn)

Those are are only places where you may credibly see a gap in the normal wayside signal progression like Approach Limited or Cab Speed followed directly by a Stop Signal as the cab signals can step you down between the fixed wayside signals. However, outside that territory, you you should never see anything other than Approach/Medium Approach/Slow Approach/Restricting before a Stop signal. The example you mentioned approaching a stop signal at Trenton is an example of this being bugged because once you pass into Ham interlocking and Fair Interlocking, you are out of 562 territory and a stop signal must not be proceeded by a wayside signal indication like approach medium or approach limited as those are improper progressions for that area.

This is one of the aspects of the route (besides the timetable) that I would gladly try to fix myself if I was given access to the dev tools, but alas they are not available to regular users like us. It just frustrates me to no end that it was released this way and there are no visible indications that they are going to fix this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  38. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Interior lights not working or destination not displayed.
    It's fatal when something that should be there isn't.

39. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

So when you get an ATC reduction to a speed below your current speed, you get this overspeed indication in cab that stays on until you have slowed to a speed below the ATC limit. However, sometimes this indicator gets stuck in the on position. When this happens, I can just keep on driving, no penalty brake application or alarms that need to be acknowledged or anything, only the lit overspeed indicator. I'm not really sure how to reproduce this, but it seems to happen when you get an ATC reduction and very shortly afterwards an ATC improvement.

I've experienced this in the ALP-46:
    TSW3_1677016205_00.png

And also in the Acela:
    TSW3_1677203660_00.png TSW3_1677249851_00.png

If I remember correctly, this also sometimes happened in the M7 and M3 from Harlem line.

Also some more signalling weirdness, the fixed signals around Sunnyside yard seem a bit bugged:
    TSW3_1677252845_00.png
    TSW3_1677252977_00.png

40. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Driving Acela service #2158 northbound, there's a MBTA train ahead of you as you leave Providence. I assume that in the real-life timetable your Acela overtakes the MBTA train at Attleboro or thereabouts, but instead the MBTA train is given priority and you're stuck behind it most of the way to Boston.

Makes for an extremely frustrating run - this is exactly the reason that some of us are clamouring for real stopping times to be used instead of AI (which may hold the MBTA train at Attleboro to ensure the correct overtaking occurs). Either that or the 'dispatch beyond' instruction for the MBTA train at Attleboro should be unticked.

In any case, it's pretty clearly not working as planned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. peter.t.smith

peter.t.smith New Member

I am probably missing something but I cannot find a way to cross to a different platform at Newark Penn without going on the tracks. Is this correct? (moving this here so it's in one thread)

42. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

This seems to be an exact replica of how it was in TSW1, including the platforms you can't climb from end to end. More recent routes have added more ways to move through stations.

• Like Like x 2
  43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Another Lighting problem found on track heading towards Penn Station

Attached Files:

44. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

People Stuck On one side of the corridor not going to the platform at Penn Station
    upload_2023-2-24_12-38-30.jpeg

45. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Access an ATC Not going down after resuming from a Save Gameplay. Basically Access or ATC Not working after resuming from save
    cActUsjUiCe Can you please look into this when you have the time, thanks
    upload_2023-2-24_12-39-39.jpeg

46. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

47. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

Floating passengers in Acela Cafe Car
    [​IMG]

Doors Open & Suppression Cab Alerts Won't Disappear on ACS-64 (NYC-T)
    [​IMG]

Overspeed & Suppression Cab Alerts Won't Disappear on Acela (NYC-T)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  48. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually, that's the Acela's patented Hoverstools(tm)

• Like Like x 1
  49. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

This happens in Harlem Line too.

50. bwlyons

bwlyons New Member

It's even worse in person. It's New Jersey. DTG made it look better IMO. haha

• Like Like x 4