PC Unnamed Steamdb Depots (tsw3 Edition)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Feb 20, 2023.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

This thread originally began as simply covering the depots/download sizes for the US content that came out in February, but I have since expanded this to cover unnamed depots in the steamdb that have a download size. This serves as a basis to cover unreleased add-ons and what they could potentially be, especially if it's for a add-on we don't know the existence of yet.

Down below are the depots/download sizes for the 3 pieces of US content that came out in February:

US Add-On Depots
    • Union Pacific Heritage Livery Pack: The depot for this one, according to the steamdb, is 1998970, and has a download size of 417.79 MiB, which is a similar size to the Diesel Legends pack for GWE.
    • Next with Amtrak's Acela, that is numbered 2101400, and has a download size of 207.69 MiB, which is pretty large of a Loco Add-On (but not the largest, that honour goes to, for a new loco add-on, Rivet's 1938 Stock at 234.61 MiB).
    • Finally for NEC: New York - Trenton, that is numbered 2182370, and has a very large download size of 6.30 GiB, which is around the same download size as Brighton Main Line and Nahverkehr Dresden.
    Next we have depots that were unknown we they entered the steamdb, but the add-ons they were for have since been revealed.

Unnamed Depots that have since been revealed
    • The first one here is Depot 2101389, which has a download size of 491.18 MiB. This later was the depot for the West Cornwall Steam Railtour Pack, considering that it was updated along West Cornwall Local on numerous occasions.
    • Next is depot 1998966, which has a very large download size of... (wait for it...) 8.65 GiB, which makes this the second largest DLC behind Kassel - Würzburg at 10.51 GiB. This surprisingly turned out be the depot for Niddertalbahn, even though it's a 19 mile single-track branch line. The large size was probably a result of the way the route was made.
    • Next up is depot 2101381, which has a more reasonable download size of 4.80 GiB. This ended up being the depot for Skyhook's Midland Main Line: Leicester - Derby & Nottingham Add-On.
    • We now have a trio of much smaller DLC's. The first is 2101386, which has a size of 269.87 MiB.
    • Next is 2101387, sized 253.11 MiB.
    • …and finally, we have depot 2101388, which has the largest size of 423.60 MiB.
    All three of those depots ended up being for Loco Bundle 2, with 2101386 being for the BNSF SD70ACE, 2101387 being for the ROG Class 37/7 & 2101388 being for the Railbow ICE 3/Green ICE 1.
    • Then we have depot 2101401, which has a size of 5.35 GiB. Around the same size as Sherman Hill and Horseshoe Curve. This is the depot for Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz - Koblenz.
    • Next is 2259150, which has quite large download size of 6.60 GiB. This later became the depot for TSW's second steam route, Peak Forest Railway: Ambergate-Chinley & Buxton. Despite the fact that the route is only 38 Miles in total (including the branch to Buxton) this size is probably as a result of the large amount of rolling stock the route provides.
    • 2259154, which has the largest download size of 3.86 GiB, which became the depot for Glossop Line: Manchester-Hadfield & Glossop.
    • The next one for now is 2182350, which has a download size of 214.50 MiB, which turned out to be the depot for the Thameslink Class 700/0.
    • The finalright now is 2313310, which has a slightly larger size of 300.010 MiB, which ended up being the Norfolk Southern Heritage Livery Collection that Skyhook made for their Horseshoe Curve route.
    The final part covers any unnamed depots that are currently in steamdb right now, along with the accompanying download size.

Current Unnamed Depots
    • The first one is 2259153, which has a download size of 144.64 MiB, also hinting at a possible loco/expansion add-on.
    That should be everything covered. This thread will be continually updated when a new unnamed depot enters the steamdb.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1944790/history/?changeid=17803409

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Not being familiar with how Steam data is organized, I thought you're talking about train depots :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this! Your posts helped me a lot when I familiarized myself with SteamDB late last year.

I guess we‘ve just got to keep an eye on the SteamDB history from now on:
    • Recognizing loco DLCs and expansion packs is quite easy because they (almost) always get updated together with their main route. For example, this allowed us to recognize the Acela depot ages before it was officially announced. Right now, I‘d say that we have two loco DLCs and one expansion pack here judging by the depot download sizes. One of the locos is probably the DB BR 420 for Munich-Augsburg since TSG is planning on finishing it in the coming weeks after the release of the Niddertalbahn. The others… no clue!
    • It’s a different story for new route DLCs, but some estimates can be made here as well. Niddertalbahn is an obvious candidate for the smallest depot at around 4.5GB. It apparently has lots of new and custom textures/assets, so reaching a download sizes in the ballpark of NTP and BRO makes sense despite it being a rather quiet branch line. I‘d argue that the 5GB depot could be for the new steam route (since it’s very rural), and the 8.5GB one for Linke Rheinstrecke (two big cities, demanding scenery, visually complex rolling stock). Just making the assumption that Skyhook‘s UK route depot doesn’t have a size yet since they seem to be quite far away from releasing it.
    By the way: For those who are very confused right now and not familiar with SteamDB, I made a guide for it a while back! :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anything new to the route depots, given that the last roadmap contains a lot of new things.
    The three large ones are obviously the upcoming routes, where I would guess they are:
    8,49 GB - Linke Rheinstrecke
    4,55 GB - Peak Forest
    5,09 GB - Niddertalbahn, guessing it's the larger one due to new assets
    and I would guess Midland Main Line does not have a depot yet.

The smaller ones are much more interesting, since it's 3 depots... but we only have two new trains announced - the Steam Railtour and DB BR 420.
    My guess is it could be a new train for Linke Rheinstrecke, where I would predict a freight loco like the DB 151 rather than another passenger one.

• Like Like x 5
  5. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Although we don’t know what the route looks like we know that both of the midland Mainline trains are made whereas the steam one still isn’t so I think that the first one of these may be the most done! I am not expecting steam route for a good few months and I think it will be the last of these new routes to release!

6. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Very interesting theory about the 420! It's the only loco - according to the roadmap - that makes sense. As long as this is not a loco we know nothing about, yet. I didn't expect to hear/see anything form the 420 for a while.
    Though, the steam depot doesn't necessarily mean that the release is close. But uhh, i love the thought of the 420 being in a state of near-final.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

While the GBs are indeed route material, resulting in the 3 that we already know on the Roadmap (1 UK and 2 Germans, as Peak Forest will be later for sure). The smaller ones in MBs however are interesting, granted if one of them could be of course the BR 420, but that will be a long shot if there wasn't more progress on it alongside Niddertalbahn. But no doubt they are indeed a loco DLC or a *sigh* expansion pack of sorts, best to see what they are later on then. And hopefully to see any news on the Steam Railtour soon, just to see what it's expected in the pack and be moving on from it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of the loco DLC is a small passenger steam loco for local services l, which will layer into both SoS and the new steam route, much like how the Acela was released. Done well it would certainly tempt my wallet.

• Like Like x 3
  9. WonterRail

Just wanted to prove an update regarding one of those unnamed depots.

Depot 2101381, the one with the 4.55 GiB download size, has had a update with a caption next to it titled 'Added Third Party'. This means that this route add-on is most likely to be from a third-party developer. Considering what we already know right now, this will probably be the depot for either Niddertalbahn or Midland Main Line: Leicester - Derby & Nottingham, but right now, I'm leaning more towards the later.

Steamdb Update: https://steamdb.info/app/1944790/history/?changeid=17860963

• Like Like x 6
  10. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. Providing this is the mml depot thingy what would your educated estimate be on how much longer we will have to wait??

11. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

My prediction is they will do a DLC for BML (like for example Class 700) and combine it with a simultaneous update with the new lighting/weather and other TSW3 standards.

Basically what just happened with Boston.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Interestingly, quite a lot of the unreleased DLCs are getting frequent updates in the RC_Shipping branch, which likely means they’re in a nice playable state and could be distributed to testers, for example. The next stage after that is usually the appearance in RC_Preview, where finished patches are compiled a few days before they are released to the public. I’m guessing we might get a German content drop soon, Niddertalbahn seems to be a good candidate out of the remaining unreleased routes. Don’t forget about the long delayed Rivet WCL steam tour release as well.

It’s also encouraging to see two unreleased DLCs, which may be Niddertalbahn and Linke Rheinstrecke, being updated in the development branch at the same time. Makes me hopeful for some layers since the routes are from roughly the same time period.

• Like Like x 3
  13. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

If there was a smaller steam Loco it would probably be an instant purchase for me.

I like the idea of a 700 but is BML stable enough for it to be added in?

14. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Plan atm is, that Niddertalbahn will be next route to release, with Linke Rheinstrecke close after

15. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I think layers has been confirmed on the TSC-Discord.

• Like Like x 1
  16. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Where does it say that??

17. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Niddertalbahn will add 51 playable services with the BR 628.2 to Linke Rheinstrecke. Linke Rheinstrecke will add AI-services to Niddertalbahn.

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Id suspect the reason why extra freight services where add was because Joe was tinkering with the timetable to add the 700. Just conjecture but it would make sense.

• Like Like x 3
  19. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

man i really do hope so. remember it can be used on SEHS too:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. coursetim

Latest from the charity stream when asked about BML and a 700 I think. Matt said he wouldn't like to commit to a loco dlc for BML as apparently it needs another pass or two through optimisation processes to run better unfortunately :(

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. olly.smail

you never know, it could come for SEHS then be added to BML with a new timetable and lighting in the future

• Like Like x 1
  22. coursetim

Perhaps! No doubt of it being needed/wanted!

• Like Like x 1
  23. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

More rushed Releases on the Horizon. Lovely.

24. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

So I figured some of you may have found out about the recent leak by now.
    For anyone isn’t up to date, here you go:
    My hypothesis is… what if we could match the SteamDB depots (and their download sizes) with the DLC names from the Epic Games database? This would give us lots more info on unannounced DLCs.

25. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Ooh that is interesting. The Epic Games leak seems to be kind of like voldemort on the forums, surprisingly little reference or discussion about it. Haven't seen DTG openly say on the forums that it is forbidden to talk about or anything though.

• Like Like x 2
  26. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yup, that’s true and personally puzzled me as well when I visited the TSC Discord and found out about the leak 4 days after it happened.

From what I could see, it appears like most of the people active on the Discord are not active on the forums… so we’re dealing with two rather separate communities. Finding the leak for relative “outsiders” like myself was also quite hard because I had to search through many different messages. Discord works differently, after all, and the leak was posted without any sort of caption.

I actually don’t even remember why I visited the Discord in the first place, although I believe it was to look for stuff shared in my Tidbits of DLC info thread. I found everything surrounding the leak by complete accident and it took a few hours to read all the messages and get the complete context.

I also made sure the source of the leak was not illegal in any way (it’s actually been publicly accessible for ages and people only just noticed) and no DTG staff had asked the community to refrain from talking about the leak. This is why I feel like it’s ok to start openly discussing this on the forums now. After all, it’s publicly accessible info on the game.

Not sure if or when I’ll make a proper post about this. I’m quite certain the wider forum community would ignore all the disclaimers I post together with the leak and start the usual cycle of negative messages and complaints before the content has even been officially announced. The forums are honestly a relatively negative place right now and I’m not sure wether a leak of such scale would make the situation better. On the other hand, as I said, it’s all publicly accessible and the people deserve to know.

Maybe something will be officially announced in the next roadmap. Seems like a good way to avoid an unpredictable community reaction to the leak.

• Like Like x 2
  27. WonterRail

So today's update also updated the download sizes for those unnamed depots.
    • Depot 1998966 Download size has gone down slightly from 8.49 to 8.45 GiB (I'm now believing that this is the depot for Linke Rheinstrecke).
    • Depot 2101381 has gone up significantly from 4.55 to 5.14 GiB.
    • Depot 2101401 has also gone up from 5.09 to 5.43 GiB
    • …and finally, the depots for the three smaller DLC's 2101386,87 & 88, have all gone to varying sizes (2101386 from 221.19 to 225.25 MiB 2101387 from 412.82 to 415.78 MiB, and finally 2101388 from 241.44 to 242.14 MiB). Also, I have a safe bet that these depots are for 'that' new bundle. If you want to know what I'm referring to here, read today's roadmap.
    • Plus, Depot 2101389, the depot believed to be for the WCL steam railtour pack, has seen a download size increase from 444.20 to 474.53 MiB.
    That should be everything covered.

Update: https://steamdb.info/app/1944790/history/?changeid=17984176

• Like Like x 5
  28. WonterRail

Well to put a bow on one of these unnamed depots, it is confirmed that depot 2101401, the one currently with a 5.43 GiB Download Size, is the depot for Linke Rheinstrecke, which I'm actually rather surprised by.

Now that's one identified, just 6 more to go.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  29. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Reckon 1998966 could be Peak Forest, then.

30. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

31. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

WCL and EDN would of been modded in preparation for the steam special pack

32. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

1998966 is Linke Rhein Strecke.Mainz-Koblenz

33. WonterRail

Err, no. It's actually depot 2101401. See 4 posts above you.

• Like Like x 1
  34. olly.smail

any updates on the possible 700 depot?

35. WonterRail

I don't think it has a depot right now unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  36. olly.smail

what was that pentadecagon thing with BR 700/0 then? i’m not very educated on these data depot things tbh, just dying to know more about my favourite train:D

37. WonterRail

That leak came from Epic Games Store.

• Like Like x 1
  38. WonterRail

So as I expected, depot 2101389 is the one from WCL Steam Railtour Pack which came out today. Final download size is 475.19 MiB, the largest of any one of these TSW loco add-ons/loco packs so far.

Now with 2 discovered, 5 unnamed depots now remain, Here's an update on them post-today's update:
    • Depot 1998966 has seen a sizable download size increase from 8.45 to 8.59 GiB.
    • Depot 2101381 has gone up a bit from 5.14 to 5.16 GiB
    • The download sizes of the smaller add-on depots, the ones believed to be from the upcoming loco bundle 2, have gone up to varying degrees (Depot 2101386 from 225.25 to 262.42 MiB, 2101387 from 415.78 to 416.48 MiB & 2101388 from 242.14 to 245.43 MiB).
    Also, Linke Rheinstrecke's final download size (Depot 2101401 & subject to further updates between now and Thursday) is 5.35 GiB.

Update: https://steamdb.info/app/1944790/history/?changeid=18069232

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That would have to be a HUGE bloody route. That's 40% bigger than Linke Rheinstrecke, which is by no means small.

40. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Depot 1998966 is Peak Forest or MML Derby-Leicester?

41. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

that’s another 22.7 miles, the current route we are getting for Linke Rheinstrecke is 55.3 miles, let’s get our tinfoil hats on, 22.7 + 55.3 is 78 miles London - Peterborough is about 78 miles, a 700 has been leaked, and couldn’t be added to BML because of constraints , we have our 387s already…. what could that possibly mean. Let’s wait and see

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  42. coursetim

Not sure about that because peak forest and MML are fairly small routes I believe? Compared to Might be something bigger in the pipeline maybe? On Xbox SEHS is 7.5gb, SOS is 5.6gb, BML is 7.2gb will be interesting to see what happens!

43. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

If it is London to Peterborough, I would be over the moon.
    Also a very special steam loco that is synonymous with the ecml is celebrating it's 100th birthday this year too, just saying...

• Like Like x 2
  44. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

File size isn't just route length. How many stations? How many branch lines? Is there a switchyard? How much rolling stock is included?

45. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

yeah, there’s also that to be honest, but i’m just giving conspiracy theories at this point to be honest. Maybe maybe not time will tell and there’s about 24 stations with 3 branch lines (Northern City with about 5 extra, Hertford loop with 11, Kings Lynn line with 15) there’s no switch yards but there is peterborough NENE sidings, Welwyn Sidings and Bounds Green/Hornsey EMUD, my main reason for the conspiracy was because of the class 700 but i might be wrong

• Like Like x 1
  46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

They did say that Niddertalbahn’s download size would likely be enormous because the route was built in a different way with tons of custom textures and assets, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the 8GB depot. Having the file size for a completely unannounced UK route in there would be very uncommon since they’re working on Peak Forest currently.

• Like Like x 6
  47. WonterRail

Well the day has arrived. I can now reveal that depot 1998966, the one with a final download size of 8.65 GiB, is indead the depot for Niddertalbahn: Bad Vibel - Stockheim. I know it's been said that the way the route was made really jacked up the size of this one, but it's quite eye-brow raising that the second largest TSW3 route by download size is a small 19-mile single-tracked German diesel branch line (For the record, the largest by size is still Kassel - Würzburg at 10.51 GiB currently).

Also, the smaller DLC depots are all for Loco Bundle 2. Depot 2101386 was for the BNSF SD70ACe, 2101387 was for the ROG Class 37/7 & 2101388 was for the Railbow ICE 3/Green ICE 1. In terms of sizes, the Railbow ICE 3/Green ICE 1 has thee largest download size at 416.48 MiB (unsurprisingly), the smallest is the ROG Class 37/7 at 247.17 MiB and the BNSF SD70ACe is the one in the middle with a 262.64 MiB Download Size.

So with that covered, we are down to one unnamed depot: 2101381, which currently has a download size of 5.41 GiB, and I think it's safe to say that this is the depot for Skyhook's upcoming Midland Main Line, considering that we've had 4 major releases within the last 2 weeks and we are due one more before the next roadmap update in 2 weeks time.

• Like Like x 4
  48. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Are we not missing Depots then? We have the 700 which seems to be very close, aswell as something else rearing its head, as seen on DadRails stream the other night (we could only see the top of the unit) - of course that could of been the 700.

In any case, is there ever a consistent time frame in the depot being added and the content released?

• Like Like x 1
  49. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Do you perhaps have a link for this?

50. olly.smail

so no 700 depot despite us already getting an official teaser?