Feedback Megathread For New Us Content

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 21, 2023.

1. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Looking thru this thread, what stands out the most are those heritage liveries... There are much better freeware ones on Creators Club. They seriously need to be redone. They're too expensive to be having all those issues.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah. They are low quality, have their own actual graphical issues and can spawn in duplicates. So why would anyone choose them over the free Creators Club ones?

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, yes: that's because the score considers all SD70ACes the same regardless of livery.

4. TripleJ814

Another couple for Trenton, unsure if it's been reported already

1) The trapdoor on the NJT MultiLevel coaches isn't operational

2) I can't seem to be able to sit in the passenger seats on the NJT MultiLevel Cab Car. I can only sit in the passenger seats on the NJT Trailer/Coach Cars.

5. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

This has been an issue with a lot of passenger cars since TSW3 came out.

6. ajp31

ajp31 Member

Do any of the westbound Coast Line evening expresses still use Track 2 in Newark Penn?

Having played a few more services on the route, I think the biggest pathing issue is around Secaucus. In the game, all the station stops seem to be on the island platform (tracks A and B), but approaches to/from those tracks at LACK and ERIE are always on the outer tracks, which causes signal drops and timekeeping issues. IRL, there are plenty of trains that stop on the outer platform tracks, and the ones that go to the island tracks usually use the middle mainline track between ALLIED and PORTAL (normally eastbound in the AM and westbound in the PM).

7. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

If in real life, there are a few Bay Head direct services that actually use track 2, unless that doesn't happen anymore, and as well as some Long Branch trains(from Hoboken) in the evening rush, unless things changed..

8. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I don’t know secaucus as well but I believe the inner are more for express trains. I could be wrong there.

what I’m more sure about is outbound trains from the city will almost never use track 2. There is a ramp from the path to the platform between tracks 3 and 4 that is intended so you can get off the path and go directly to the platform. Tracks 1 and 2 you can go right from the platform onto the path into the city or Hoboken directly from the train. Inbound trains go there.

there is rarely 3 trains in the station at one time (excluding rvl which often sets on track 5 between runs). It would take a real dispatching conundrum for them to deviate from this including track a which does not have direct access to the path.

for those unfamiliar with the nec the path is the third rail line you see adjacent to the nec on either side as you approach Newark. The little station on the side of Newark is Harrison which is a path station. The little yard adjacent to the nec coming out of Newark heading towards Trenton is where they hold path trains. Leaving Newark heading to the city on the right you’ll see a large terminal. ThAt is the path’s main depot yard and facilities.

the little bridge you go under when entering Newark is the path. Outbound path trains go up to an elevated platform after Harrison and terminate then go back down to track level to the yard. Inbound path trains board between tracks 1and 2 and go up over the nec and then back down to track level for Harrison.

the path is subway like but not part of the nyc subway system. From Newark you can take the path to jersey city and the World Trade Center. You can change parh trains to Hoboken or to 33rd st in midtown (not far from Penn station)

• Like Like x 3
  9. nepclassof84

I’ve ridden those bay head trains they mostly use track 3 and 4 so people exiting the path don’t have to go into the station.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PortlandAreaRailfan

PortlandAreaRailfan Member

The light thing happens irl. It allows you to leave the cab at night without having to go back later and turn the light off

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. MrbKlegend89

Ohhh, gotcha!!!I jus remember a few times, years ago, experiencing maybe 1 or two direct Bay Head services during the pm peak hours using track 2. And that one , maybe that one service( I'm upset I forgot which one) would use track 2 arriving around like maybe 5 10 or something. I have to check again..Other than that I have seen few trains from Hoboken to Long Branch use track 2 as well pm peak....

12. simonr#5214

simonr#5214 New Member

Hi it seems that when I use any service that says sunnyside to ny penn station and the other way route when I load the route I get the spinning wheel bottom left and when loads up the game completely crashes and back to the ps4 menu
    All other services run fine that don’t mention sunny side

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2023
  13. ajp31

ajp31 Member

Counterintuitively, it's the opposite--Amtrak and NJT express trains use the outer tracks (fewer diverging movements), but there are plenty of stopping services that use them, as well. What I'd like to see fixed in the game is that IF you're going to use the inner platform tracks, also use the middle track between ALLIED and PORTAL, and not just between ERIE and LACK. The former is a much more common routing, in my experience.

14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

As you begin the scenario, " Havoc Across The Hudson ", you are warned that, due to engineering work, you should expect " queues into NYP ".

As it turns out, there are no queues, no trains ahead of you in fact.

ACT and ACSES do their level best to slow you down as if there were a line of trains trying to squeeze into the tunnels, but, in fact, it's only make believe.

Of course, the whole game itself is a feat of the imagination, right? I mean it's not really real, so why should there be trains. Right? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  15. TripleJ814

NY-Trenton is just getting even more funny every day. Idk if I should be laughing or be disappointed, I guess maybe both :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I agree. Happiest not-purchase ever, after reading all these.

• Like Like x 4
  17. MrbKlegend89

One of my friends who brought the NY-T said they even included some eastbound Amtrak service arriving at Newark Penn on track 3....As far as I remember eastbound Amtrak trains don't use track 3 in Newatk Penn and he said it's around the evening time.

18. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Wow. The fact that they even knew that/modelled it gives me even more faith in this DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jimfranklin#6042

jimfranklin#6042 New Member

After playing the NYP-Trenton route for a week now, the most annoying bug so far is the signalling issues. Getting this ‘79’ ACSES bug in multiple places that makes me turn have to turn off ACSES for the rest of the run.

However, the Boston signalling upgrade by cActUsjUiCe has been perfect. Why fix the signals on one NEC route, just to release another with broken signalling?

• Like Like x 1
  20. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Great post. I know that Boston and Trenton take different approaches to signaling and someone else did the Trenton one. I think that overall DTG and their employee deserves credit for probably overall the best out of the box signaling on a US route. Even if Boston works better now it has taken over a year to get it to that point. I think their US signaling is in a much better state now than it has been before and I hope it keeps getting better.

I am still finding some issues in Boston. Red light bugs still happen (my experience is you can usually do a service without seeing them but if you try to keep playing multiple services on the same session you will eventually find stuck red light that gridlocks the tracks).

The "dispatch beyond" seems to cause slowdowns with some services (I have seen it on a few to Stoughton). There are also some other random timetable/dispatcher SNAFUs (like Acelas getting stuck following slow speed stopping commuter trains).

Overall though Boston is kinda the shining star of US passenger content now. I hope it gets ongoing attention. It went a long time without getting much, now got a BIG improvement. But I hope that's not the end of its development since there are still some positive changes that it could use.

Trenton... I like the route and it has potential but it does need a lot of work. The timetable being unfinished has been beaten to death but would be nice if it was fixed. Signaling like you said needs some fixes, and the ACS-64 in particular has some problems going on with acknowledging speed drops. At this point in time I am mostly using Trenton for Acela runs since that train seems to work well on the route, has a lot of services, and it is the best experience because of the issues with ACS-64. (not sure about the ALP-46 because I haven't taken the time yet to learn that one).

For all the issues reported with the new US content, the Acela has been pretty damn smooth for a TSW release and has few if any major issues. Between Boston and Trenton I am happy to have both routes to run it on and hope more NEC is done to give even more variety.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  21. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comment solicitr.
    But I have noticed on the SD70ACE name was added RG.
    So I believe it was specific for this repaint.
    Then it can not includes the other locomotives!

Frankly speaking, after all my posts about the paint scheme issue - which took me some time to take all the pictures and include here - I had hope to see some DTG member, mentioning something about this package disaster! Like duly noted we will fixed or something like that.
    But this did not happens! It is really sad, and I am very dissapointed!

• Like Like x 3
  22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Doubt they will do anything, they've ignored my photos, and they'll probably ignore yours as well.

• Like Like x 1
  23. grdaniel48

The ones of this forum, which mentioned why some people bought this package when there where some good ones on Creator's Club?

First of all I have some of them. They were great!
    But of course do to the limitations of the tool to have all the details on textures, effects and details on lettering and logos DTG has on all trains launched before, I preferred this "more detailed" heritage package. I like to see the small details mainly on special paint schemes.
    Of course based on the pictures and video shown.

But the real thing was - as you can see- really bad and I feel cheated!.

Has been any explanation or comment about they are working on solve this bad issue from DTG?

24. grdaniel48

Thanks for your comment.
    This is really sad!
    As I had mentioned I have TSW since 2020 version.
    Hopes someone on DTG explain this big issue soon and provide a solution.
    If there is something they can not fix it, - despite I love those schemes and wanted to have- then we deserve at least to receive our money back!

25. ryan#1234

ryan#1234 Member

Well my feedback will be on the new Acela and Trenton route. I must say that Brandon has done an A+++ job on the Boston Providence signals, to the point that it feels like a new route and the way it should be!

So first let's talk about the trains...

Acela Express: I really like the whole train set. The cab feels like a rocket ship. It's a beautiful model. Feels great to drive. Love the horn. Love the little extras like can heating controls etc. Love how the cruise control and power handle work and the dynamic braking.

Amfleet Cab Car: Looks solid and love the horn. There's a great powerful feeling when driving it.

Acela: Still a favourite and is excellent on Boston. Not sure if it's a route thing but I've had ATC and ACSES weird behaviour... Like occilating between 30mph and 125mph out of the North Tunnels all the way to Newark Intl. Seems like it behaves normally after this except for a crazy drop from 125mph to Approach Medium with no cab signal downgrade 4 miles before reaching Trenton.

ALP46: I generally like it. Sounds good. Looks good. The brakes are a nice challenge. Wouldn't mind seeing some community spotlight article on prototypical driving/braking and tips and tricks.

NJT Cab Car: Visually stunning. Sounds good. A real feast. Challenging brakes as with the ALP. Doors seem to have a delay in opening sometimes. Same request for a community article or video about prototypical operation and tips and tricks.

Scenarios:

Havoc Across the Hudson - A good run. The part about slowing down and making the workers aware of you could be designed better... I barely noticed anything happening or anyone to honk at. That part felt anti climactic.

NYE in NYC: I love love love the concept and the execution. The only thing I would suggest is a bit more turn around time to switch ends. I knew what I was doing and running and I was still delayed. I also had the game crash right as I was doing my final stop into Newark Intl. I would look into possible memory stain at the end but I'll keep trying it.

Cab to the Race: This was awful. I love the concept but something is really wrong. When you first take over the train the brakes are unresponsive as if they've been locked out on a timer that goes well beyond the departure time and instruction. I have to move my brakes back and forth and put my reverse in neutral and back and play with the throttle. It just doesn't work as it should and that impacts this time sensitive scenario. Next, if you follow ATC and ACSES or ASES there is no chance of getting there on time. The only way I completed this and get the other ending and gold was to run with safety systems off and ignore restrictions and actually speed which seemed quite precarious on the big curve outside of Secaucus lol. I shouldn't get a gold for driving like a lunatic and breaking the rules but only get silver for driving it properly. So maybe look into that. I do love the concept and the two ending part. The surprise out of Elizabeth was pretty great too.

Signals and Safety Systems: I would say something is wrong with the signalling. I can't say what, but there are times you can sense it. Plus, I heard Brandon say the signals are not correct. I would suggest a review of everything and going to him for feedback. I think you should prioritize this and not let it go for 3 years like Boston did.

The safety systems were nice to learn and overall I haven't had a problem.

That's my feedback!

26. nepclassof84

Great news New York to Trenton has impossible golds too !!!!!

I just did my first timetable service to sunny side yard. Best possible score is 1070 I got 1054 gold medal is 1700 so I got a bronze.

27. northeasttrainman

northeasttrainman Active Member

I was playing that scenario looking for this so called "Havoc." Havoc is when you're pushing it close to time and your train gets held up at Bergen Interlocking for multiple trains to pass because one of the North River Tunnels is OOS. I've been there.
    Meanwhile the scenario just had you diverge onto the track for the western portal. No havoc whatsoever.
    The "engineering work" may have been a few NPCs and / or construction vehicles near the tunnel.

28. northeasttrainman

THANK YOU. I found it odd how the NJT trains making the stops at Secaucus were always routed onto the island platform, and how the middle track between ALLIED & PORTAL isn't used outside of "Havoc on Hudson." Sidenote, I'm surprised BERGEN wasn't used for the diverging move in "Havoc on Hudson" as that's where most trains (at least in my experience) diverge for the opposite tunnel.

Here's a GREAT shot of the track being used in real life, courtesy of Matt Csenge. And another one (DJ Khaled voice)

Also, as you said, a good deal of NJT trains stop on the outer tracks at Secaucus, they're not exclusively for bypassing the station as they are in the game. As you probably know, it can become a musical chairs of sorts during rush hour there between Amtrak, NJT Expresses, and NJT Locals there. But ideally if a train is lined up to be overtaken, it will use the middle tracks and the non stop train will use the outer tracks.

Nothing like getting held up at PORTAL because NJT is diverging directly in front of your train :D

• Like Like x 2
  29. northeasttrainman

This is the beauty of the game. We have totally different views on 2 of the scenarios.
    "Cab To The Race" wasn't fun, but it was challenging. I BARELY made it on time.
    "NYE on NEC" made me want to hurl my controller (exaggerating, I actually just turned off my Xbox and ate food).
    The amount of turns was preposterous imo. I liked the diverging moves at HUNTER interlocking from 4 to 2 though.

"Havoc on Hudson" was false advertising. There was no havoc and it was too easy. No complaints though, just missed opportunities.

The Metroliner Cab Car horn irritates me. It sounds like it was recorded as it passed by, it has this odd built in far away Doppler effect to me.
    The ALP 46 and Multilevel horns are pristine imo. They actually sound cleaner than most do in real life.

The ACSES, ATC, ASES and all related systems are so bugged they take the fun out for me.
    I just turn the alerter on and follow the MAS and Cab Signal speeds.

Thanks for chiming in with your detail. That was awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  30. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

is there any chance that services that don't make stops will have stops added? Northeast Regional 172,138,171,129, palmetto 89 and keystone 652 and 641 make stops at princenton junction but those timetables do not have stops, its a small ask but it would both help with realism and slight mix up in timetable mix

• Like Like x 1
  31. grdaniel48

As I have mentioned there are 3 SD70ACE Heritage locomotives that looks almost right, with just some minor issues.
    Then to be fair I show them.

The Katy:
    Train Sim World 3_20230224113657.jpg

Rio Grande:

Train Sim World 3_20230222161133.jpg
    The MKT:

Train Sim World 3_20230224113644.jpg

So..., why the other 3 ones, it have lots of visual defects with blur details and strange things?.
    So it is really a crazy issue.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  32. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Another little niggle on Sherman Hill, the lights at this level crossing don't light up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is on the Epic Games version.

DW

33. jj-6688

jj-6688 Member

Just completed “colourful climb” on Sherman hill in just over two hours.. the scenario was completely devoid of life of any kind including two empty yards and zero Ai trains in between.
    Goes without saying what a lacklustre/disappointing experience /:

• Like Like x 5
  34. grdaniel48

I have also noticed, most crossing gates goes down just when the train cross the road, and not before as it might do it.

Furthermore it is the railway crossing near the yard, with traffic semaphores only, and not gates at all.

But the weird thing of all, are one of the most famous part of the route - Hermosa tunnels - which looks ugly as does not appears as a tunnel looking transparent showing all the rocks around!
    It looks as tunnel when you are just so close.

I believe is the only tunnel on all TSW routes I have - more than 20! - with this issue!.
    I hopes with this new TSW3 update of the route, this be fixed, but incredible not!
    It is not a minor issue, as this is a landmark of the route.

35. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

The route is very frustrating to drive. There are random speed limit changes that the ASES forces on you and its very hard to keep to time when using the safety systems.

• Like Like x 1
  36. rvmota

rvmota New Member

This is not a feedback for new US content but its related to and with the March roadmap. We know that an sd70ace will be released for Cajon Pass (great news!), but DTG do you consider to add the sd70ace to HorseShoe Curve? I know that HSC was not made by you, so i dont know that could be an issue, but adding or layer the sd70ace also on the NS route could be a good thing! Think about guys!!

37. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Cab signaling is completely broken on Sherman Hill

• Like Like x 1
  38. Crosstie

Well, I have to say I'm quite enjoying driving the ACS64 and the Metroliner Cab Car on NYT. Haven't really gotten to the ALP46 yet.

Yes, there are quite a few scenery bugs on the route, but DTG seem prepared to fix at least some of them.

So basically all this route needed was some traffic and that's a flat- out no, as we've heard once again in the Roadmap stream. That's a real shame.

Passengers? We were told RH was " switched on ", but I'm not seeing it.

Oh, and it's New York! it's New Year's Eve! it's getting towards 11pm! and............ there are three people In New York Penn. Guess the revellers decided not to show up this year. ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  39. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm thoroughly enjoying the UP Heritage Livery Collection, partly because available activities include some unusual switching work and partly for its low price.

40. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I made it through this delightfully long exercise in turntable maneuvering with no problems; however, I will also note that in some places the instructions could be more clear. As far as I can remember, this is by far the most extensive example of turntable action. I'd like to see more like this, along with more engine and rolling stock maintenance activities (there's a good example of freight car maintenance available on the TSW3 World Cajon Pass DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  41. northeasttrainman

The consensus with Northeast Corridor: New York - Trenton is that the timetable services in particular are lacking in train density.
    I concur. However, at least one anomaly is the Amtrak Keystone 641 timetable service.
    Between PORTAL and Newark Penn, I passed 5 trains (almost wanted to say that 5 times like Booker T :D).
    It was almost like real life for once. I captured it on video.

Sidenote, is it possible to embed videos in this forum?
    Every time I or someone else does, it just appears as a blank space.
    * UPDATE Thank you to simpman for showing me the way *

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  42. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

There is a video embed, it is the icon between the picture and the + sign, near to the emoji one.

43. northeasttrainman

Many many thanks. May your birthday wishes come true and grant you good fortunes.
    * Sounds K5LA horn in a shave & a haircut pattern *

• Like Like x 1
  44. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

Yesterday I did the 644 service with the Amfleet Cable Car and I can only say that it was horrible...

Between Trenton and Newark only two trains on the line. Besides being tedious, it made me sleepy...
    After Newark I had to wait for a train ahead to get off, and I arrived in New York 9 minutes late.

No comments...

• Like Like x 1
  45. Crosstie

Yes, I've run through the scenarios and the first few ACS64 services, and it's been very quiet on the line.

The route itself is quite well-modeled, the train is fun to drive, but the timetable is for the birds.

And there are none of the promised Rush Hour passengers, at least none that I could see. New York Penn is as empty as New Street, Glasgow and most other termini in the game.

Such a waste. I'm almost ready to say I regret buying NYT, but I don't, at least not yet. I'm still holding out for a miracle patch.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  46. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I just ran a timetable with the ACS64 (#79 to charlotte) and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of AI traffic on the route - Seemed to match the levels I experience when riding the Acela between NYC and DC. On that run - definitely not a ghost run as some seem to put forth. I am sure traffic varies with time - but that run seemed fine to my RL experiences

• Like Like x 2
  47. Crosstie

I'll have to give that one a try. My experience so far is different, but some services may be better than others.

48. Crosstie

You
    Yes, I just made that run.

There are a few AI trains here and there. But this is a morning rush period (7:30 - 8:00am.) There should be a lot more NJT trains running into the city. I see a lot more trains on Metra at that time, just on one line. And I didn't see any trains dead heading back out towards Newark and Jersey.

So, I would have to differ with you on the traffic level.

49. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

That is your prerogative … just as it is your prerogative to be dissatisfied to not be satisfied with the simulation. Personally I use the simulation for relaxation and a decent facsimile of driving a train. Is it an exact one to one implementation of real life? No, nor are my expectations for it to be so. Maybe that is why I have been enjoying my time in the simulation instead of constantly finding fault with it,

As they say , each to their own … cheers

50. Crosstie

If I may say so, that's a bit of an overreaction. I simply disagreed with you about one particular service.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023