Summary: New Tidbits Of Info On Future Dlcs!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Feb 26, 2023.

1. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure but I've made an assumption based on the fact that all of the other EMUs appear to differentiate in a similar way (looking at TripleJ814 's list anyway). Perhaps the game needs to know in order to set the lights up properly for AI services or to know which way around to position certain services? Totally guessing though.

2. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Here's the 700/0: DMCO-PTSO-MSO-TSOW-TSOLW-MSO-PTSO-DMCO - It's also likely that the TSW implementation would have a separate DMCO_A and DMCO_B, bringing the total of unique vehicles on the 700/0 to 6.

It's also important to remember this.

Yes and no (is my understanding)

Once a vehicle is loaded, it stays in memory. However the amount of them also somewhat has an impact.

If we look at like American freight, the Gen 8 timetables are limited to about 50 cars, compared to approx 100 on newer freight routes on Gen 9/PC. There's a good reason for that.

Also for example, if i were to make a formation in the unofficial editor with 8 ES44C4's and 300 intermodal cars (which would be 4 unique vehicles - The ES44C4 is 1, and the articulated Maxi Stack is 3), that would kill my PC, especially if i spawned that formation quite a few times.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

That's something I'm quite curious about myself tbh. I believe it's just a TSW thing maybe.

It's similar like that to the majority of multiple-unit trains in the game. I'm sure there's a logical reason behind it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Sorry, I missed the _A and _B in the OP.

5. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

And where in the thread title does it say spoilers? Oh yeah it doesn’t, people could simply assume this thread is about stuff like Mml or peak forest when in fact it’s not

6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Just a tidbit of advice, put spoilers in the title , I mean if you think it says spoilers in the title then I suggest going to specsavers

7. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

By your definition a TV guide is a spoiler, because it has the title of a show (or god forbid, a episode title or description) in it. And for a bunch of the leaked content calling it a title is even stretch. I would say you're stretching the definition of what's a spoiler quite a bit here.

And really it should not be up to normal forum users to have to try and hide this info for DTG. If a company like Nintendo gets info leaked out I don't see gaming forums and websites trying to cover their butt over it. Metroid Prime Remastered for example was leaked to the gaming years ago, and that just came out about two weeks ago.

Ultimately if DTG want this info secret they should really act to make sure it doesn't leak in the first place. And if it does leak and they really don't want it out there then it should be up to their forum staff to control the info. They shouldn't need me or you to go around backseat moderating, especially since they're on DTG payroll.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

When you think of something spoiling in dtg dlc trems think of it this way.For something to spoil it would have to have been good at some point but no matter whats in the final product they release,it already spoiled because it often released expired,so how can you ruin any surprise when the only real surprise tends to be finding out just how broken is the dlc you just paid good money for.Which if you think about it it should be no surprise at all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lamplight

It’s certainly news to me that talking about future releases for a simulator is classified as a spoiler.

• Like Like x 9
  10. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

As was previously stated the "Spoilers" stuff posted from the discord was hidden behind a spoiler tag and reading the OP gave almost nothing away without clicking the spoiler tag for the leaked names, even before It was edited. If everyone else wants to have a bit of fun discussing potential dlc just let them you don't need to read every thread :)

• Like Like x 5
  11. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

We need a new "baseless speculation thread" I guess ... :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

What a weird hill to die on. Threads about new DLC info from SteamDB or achievements appearing on different platforms have been around for years, and I’ve never once seen somebody complain about it. I really don’t see the problem here.

• Like Like x 12
  13. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Yea I wouldn't sweat it. I don't see the issue at all. To be honest I just want whatever the routes to come out with a good timetable and hopefully free of bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Can anyone with more knowledge of UK rail explain what the service start and end points/service lengths would be for a Class 700 on SEHS and BML? I am browsing Wikipedia but having never been to UK I don't always visualize the routes well.

Looking at SEHS, it seems like they serve St. Pancras, but leave using a part of the route not modelled in game... then would be drivable between Dartford and Rainham?

For BML I am not sure. East Croyden to Gatwick? And then a different line which would seem to work from East Croyden to Brighton.

I think now that locos are decoupled from their "home route" they would probably want to release it in a way where its usable on BML or SEHS. That way (like with Acela) the potential customer base includes all people that own SEHS and BML, as well as people that own only SEHS or only BML. Technical side maybe there are issues but I feel like they will try to look into that (BML is currently running waaaay better than it ever has, I haven't experienced a crash in ages and FPS aren't even that bad, downright smooth on XSX). I am sure they could delete some of the "bonus" stuff like the HSTs and the 375 "diversion" services to make more room.

Just speculating but I wouldn't be surprised to see it timed with a BML update that turns it into a TSW3 route (with TOD4). Basically like the Boston/Trenton/Acela 1-2-3 punch.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  15. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to your original question, but totally agree with your last paragraph and hope it happens soon- haven't driven BML in a while because the old lighting hurts my eyes now lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lamplight

For BML: Brighton to East Croydon for the longest run. Some other services leave the main line before Brighton, I think, but I’m not familiar with those.

17. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

BML - East Croydon to Brighton via Redhill and the quarry lines, also very rarely seen at Victoria when engineering works are on or for another reason. Both 700/0 and 700/1 operate on this line.

SEHS Extended - Rainham to Dartford. Only the 700/0 runs on this section of line, which makes me think the upcoming 700 will be for this route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

The question is, will it be only SEHS or SEHS+BML? Perhaps the reason why they're only doing the 700/0 is because the BML timetable couldn't cope with both the 700/0 and 700/1 services on top of everything else...

19. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think if it runs on both, it would have services on both. Unless you're willing to pay the same exact train twice

20. MAX1319

I can wait to get the 700. Hopefully one day we get London bridge…….

• Like Like x 6
  21. olly.smail

i just hope it gets announced in the next roadmap so we can confirm it

22. olly.smail

yh i believe so. if gen 8 consoles can only just handle what’s on it now then how on earth it would deal with an extra train with god knows how many services idk.

23. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

There’s the trophies:
    C574AE56-89E8-4439-AC40-48C26EB7F1AB.png 23D73D17-503D-4DC2-8582-841A886D4C93.png

• Like Like x 1
  24. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

You misunderstand what I am saying. I am saying that perhaps the reason they are only doing the 700/0 is so that they don't have to include every 700-worked service on the BML timetable, not that the 700 will have no BML services.

• Like Like x 1
  25. olly.smail

i guess but i think the large majority of 700s on the BML are /1 so it would be a bit pointless tbh

26. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

If the case of the 700/1 is not gonna be on BML is true, I'm actually gonna give DTG a semi pass on that one. BML is just so poorly optimized to the point where you don't even know if the game is gonna crash like 50% of the timez but yet why didn't DTG optimized it. I actually understand why they choose Realism over Halving the timetable, but in the end everyone lost

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  27. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Unless they release it for sehs and wait until they've optimised BML enough they can add it into the timetable.

Either way Matt said BML needs another pass over optimisation wise before a new loco can be added

• Like Like x 2
  28. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

It's interesting that we've heard next to no information on BML optimisation lately, but DTG must be working on it. It could be that an update, including TOD4, is being held-back for the Class 700 release.

I suspect we'll never see Rush Hour passenger numbers on BML though, it's just too busy.

• Like Like x 2
  29. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

To summarise, with some pics included:
    • London Commuter: Would make the southern half of the route much busier, specifically between Brighton and East Croydon. From Brighton, there are Bedford and Cambridge-bound services. Elsewhere, there are Peterborough services from Horsham (playable from Three Bridges) and Bedford services starting from Gatwick go via Redhill, and will enable stations like Horley, Salfords and Earlswood to be available in timetable mode. Moreover, as well as having Thameslink services which stop at Balcombe, the Three Bridges depot would also be included. A lot of services are formed of the 12-car /1 variant although you'll often see 8-car /0s, for example with Bedford-Brighton services etc. Finally, there's also some interesting peak-time services to Littlehampton (playable from Preston Park where the Brighton Main Line junctions off to the West Coastway). Meanwhile, there's also peak-time services to East Grinstead which would be AI-only traffic at East Croydon.
    • Southeastern High Speed: The addition of Thameslink services from Luton to Rainham would allow the latter's Platform 0 to be used again. Meanwhile, with the introduction of the SEHS's extension to Dartford, the Class 700 can be playable as far as here, giving that part of the route more rolling stock variety to complement all the Class 465s.
    700 at TB 2.jpg
    Three Bridges All pictures taken by myself
    Redhill TL.jpg
    Redhill
    IMG_20210529_105613.jpg
    Brighton

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  30. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

But the Class 141 would work as brand new units between Huddersfield and Leeds.

31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

What year will their service entry be because they have to be built before 1985. My guess is 1982-1983 for Class 141 Pacer to fit. One more feature that the class 141 has is that it has the same coupler as the Class 150/2 BSI Type making it compatible with a Sprinter DMU and later Turbostar Class 170 & 172.

32. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Introduced in 1983.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I raised the issue with DTG Matt about the 3rd rail on BML having crash detection. Matt said this was being removed, but as far as I know, it’s still present and having an impact on performance. Maybe much more work is being done behind the scenes and we’ll see BML updated with new lighting/skies?

• Like Like x 1
  34. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thank you for telling me looks like we can and that into the game.

• Like Like x 1
  35. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Is this an official thread from DTG?

No so expect speculation. If you want no spoilers then you should stay in the Dovetail Article Thread only.

Common sense is that if it's not from an official DTG thread than it could have potential spoilers.

And tons of people early in this thread have "spoiler warning" written in their posts. So I think you sir are in need of spec savers.

• Like Like x 4
  36. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

He said that they tried removing all the third rail collisions, but then it broke everything (I'm imagining space-launches, and people clipping underground in free roam, and crashing)

37. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

What a balls-up :(:(:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  38. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

its the DB BR 403 (Donald duck) so maybe a german route in 80s

• Like Like x 1
  39. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I know! As my favourite route, it is really disappointing!

• Like Like x 1
  40. MAX1319

So if the release the 700/0 for just the SEHS,Do you think we would have to pay twice for the 700/1 if it release later for the BM?. Or do is that’s the compromise that it will be the 700/0 for both? Is not the first time they have substituted a loco especially when it comes to UK and German routes……..

41. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Thats got to be West Cornwall Steam Special, or perhaps West Cornwall Summer Steam surely?

42. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I thought the same as you until I started seeing lower frame rates today

43. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Don't read the comments thread then?

• Like Like x 5
  44. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Purely speculation of course but I wonder if the mentioned UK route could be JT's first TSW route. The freeware TSC version has been built by guys who also build for JT. The TSC version is very nicely made.

It is a little short though, although forgiveable if it is JT's first TSW route. If it is a DTG route then it really doesn't suggest route are going to get longer.

• Like Like x 2
  45. olly.smail

it depends if we get either preston - blackpool north or south, hope it’s both if i’m honest but i do doubt it

• Like Like x 1
  46. theorganist

Well both would be better I must admit. I don't think any services from Blackpool terminate at Preston so you would only have a short run and then have to hop off, you couldn't stay on the same unit for a couple of runs.

Preston could be the centre of a little network including the lines out to Colne and Ormskirk.

• Like Like x 2
  47. olly.smail

if i’m honest i just mainly want it to have a northern 319 no matter what livery or time period, so many liveries to make with that train and sounds and looks great

48. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely just causing mayhem for fun here but what if it includes (a part of) the Blackpool Tramway as well?

Or could it be set in BR steam era where there was a third branch to Blackpool Central, one of the busiest stations in the country with 14 platforms?

We know nothing really ;)

• Like Like x 2
  49. theorganist

Well we don't of course but that is why it is fun.

A class 40 and a class 104 with the white stripe would be amazing but almost certainly not going to happen.

The current steam engines would probably fit with a Blackpool route, but if it is anything like the upcoming steam route it will start from Kirkham as presumably modelling Preston in steam days would tip them over their budget, and who needs immersion anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  50. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean BML is an insanely successful route, if any DLC in the game could successfully sell a duplicate DLC, it would probably be this one.

I’m not saying it’s right, but given that the /0 barely runs on BML, I think it’s either going to be a stand in for the /1’s and we’ll get a full timetable, or DTG will not add anything to BML and will later look at doing a /1 DLC, or do a new route which includes it.