Ny-trenton: Usa Content Is Still Severely Flawed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Feb 9, 2023.

?
  1. I find the issues to not be a big deal, and it’s fine the way everything is

17.1%
  2. I find the issues to be ridiculous and DTG needs to address this

76.5%
  3. I have a differing opinion - it would be nice if you could reply to the thread explaining why

6.4%
  1. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

really wanted this for Boston sprinter especially Boston south, but yeah good point for the New York - Trenton lmao

• Like Like x 1
  2. azurewizzard

azurewizzard New Member

From my experience. DTG's ''preserved collection team'' has a history of coming out with great fixes for routes that sold well. Even if it's a year later. So i'm still hoping that the DLC sold well enough to give them a reason to support it and improve it... Just fix the damn thing and sell the fixes for 5 bucks although that would be scummy as hell but it wouldn't derive too much from DTG's business practices.

3. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I hope that’s the case. Any predictions on what’s going to be on the roadmap?

4. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Some self congratulations about the add-ons manager, the removal of the NEC from the roadmap and rinse repeat the rest including the vague "looking into" fixing stuff that probably will never be fixed.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I would like to be hopeful, bot probably nothing more than what JD has already told us. A few fixes like the pantograph bug, but the rest will be classified as a "successful release of the super duper US bundle".

• Like Like x 2
  6. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Yeah, marketing is something that DTG seems to do remarkably well, I’d assume they made good money from that US super bundle.

As long as they made the money already and everyone is past their two week refund window, I don’t see them caring enough to fix anything major with Trenton and the UP Heritage collection. At least not for a long time.

It’s unfortunate but I think we’ve done all what we can. It’s up to them to listen to the feedback now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MAX1319

The buzz has move to the next release which it sounds to be a bundle for German routes. Nothing confirmed just speculation.US shelved again. They way it looks it might not be the last bundle.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dinosbacsi

Hope this bundled format will not become the norm, as it obviously leads leads to even worse quality due to the less time and care spent per add-on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MAX1319

Agree…. but you know is all about the profits…… but I have a feeling their bundles will turnout to be a little better than US as far as quality.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, if the larger topic of this thread is the abysmal timetable of NYT, then I think that has been answered - in the negative. Not the answer we're looking for, of course.

Despite the efforts of the apologists on the thread, I think the majority opinion has been made clear and the best we can hope for is that DTG doesn't make this same mistake in future US passenger routes.

Having played a few scenarios and services, the absence of AI traffic is glaringly obvious, even though what little there is is quite well done. But then that just goes to emphasize " what might have been ".

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think one other thing DTG needs to look at in the future are these smaller US DLCs. The 3 that have been released have IMO been pretty mediocre to poor or they don't fit their respective eras.

The CSX SD40
    -The Livery is too old for SPG
    -If it was modern, it would need ditch lights
    -The number series is lazy, didn't even research proper numbers ranges or fonts....

The ATSF F7
    -The paint is fine for what they were going for, but it seems like a waste of such a good locomotive.
    -The modern freight cars is inexcusable, they had the Clinchfield Stock on hand and didn't bother to use them.
    -Putting it off till we got more retro equipment and doing a diesel legends pack for Cajon would of been a better option.

The UP Heritage Unit Pack
    -Way too expensive for the content included, should of included more.
    -Obviously was rushed, there isn't any care or love put into the liveries, they have errors that should never had happen.

And now we have a new DLC which could be another small US DLC with only the hints of BNSF on the horizon, wonder what DTG will screw up on it.....

• Like Like x 8
  12. Dinosbacsi

I agree. The basic ideas were fine, but they could've been done much better. For example, instead of a gray CSX SD40 that does not fit the route, why not make a full retro pack? Could've painted the SD40 and maybe another diesel into Chessies System livery instead and make an 80s SPG pack (could still do it though, it would be pretty amazing). And as you have said, same with the ATSF F7. These periodically incorrect locomotives makes no sense in the base timetable, especially when you can't even pretend they are what-if preserved locomotives doing service, as they both are missing their ditch lights.

Which new DLC do you mean?

• Like Like x 2
  13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Could the timetable be due to lack of actual trains to use. There are less than 30 alp46s to use for njt. Which means it would be difficult to add hundreds of services if there isn't enough trains. NJT also uses alp46As which are different from the regular alp46s cuz of different sound, model differences, different physics. And the arrow IIIs do a bunch of other services which aren't in game of course. And the 45dps which run on other unelectrified lines which is also not in game.

14. Blacknred81

15. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, but apparently reusing fleet numbers isn't a game limiting issue and they can and do repeat on some routes. An example given was the BNSF ES44C4 variant in game isn't very numerous and I guess if you look around the Barstow yard for long enough you will see reuse of fleet numbers.

Also Peninsula Corridor with the Baby Bullet you will sometimes see more of them during a run than actually exist IRL.

Would be a bit of an immersion breaker to see repeating fleet numbers but not as bad as an empty route IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Dinosbacsi

• Like Like x 4
  17. TripleJ814

They ran out of 377/4’s on BML’s timetable and got around the issue by numbering some as 377/1s or 377/2s IIRC

• Like Like x 2
  18. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

We haven't had any news about the patch they were working on have we? At the very least we might have it two weeks after release, very different from BRO which if I remember correctly we had two patches in a few days. Is it because they are making important changes in the route and they are going to surprise us?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dinosbacsi

Either that, or it's just the more likely and sadder answer: they simply care less about the US stuff, so the patch takes less priority.

But to try to be a bit more positive, I would like to be surprised, and I won't mind if a patch takes a bit more time, if the end result is good. I can wait, as I didn't buy the route anyway. But if they were to fix the obvious issues with it, I would do so in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 4
  20. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Of course, what does it matter if it takes longer to implement some of the improvements that the community has been asking for! It would certainly go a long way towards cleaning up DTG's image, especially for US fans. Right now on steam it only has 41% positive reviews and that's a shame for a route with as much potential as this one. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 2
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Given how quickly patches started appearing for Bremen - yeah...

22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, I concur in one out of three (the third) which is pretty inexcusable. But as for the first two: the loco is explicitly a museum loco, running demonstrations for railfans. (Unfortunately console players have no way to keep it, like the CRR original, from spawning randomly; but on PC there's a mode that blocks it. Why this bit of code wasn't included in the DLC I have no idea)

23. Blacknred81

I mean, mainline is still a mainline and FRA rules state a loco cant run one above 20mph without ditchlights.

Also the museum part just make it seem like its DTGs excuse to make said DLC rather than something more practical and prototypical.

• Like Like x 2
  24. rennekton#1349

There was a day 1 patch that was installed with the release of the route. JD explained that they are working on

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That loco ain't pulling anything up that hill faster than about 18

26. Blacknred81

Cajon is more than just hills (The land between Victorville and Barstow) and SPG has spots on the east side of the grade where speeds are defiantly above 20mph.

• Like Like x 2
  27. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

First timetable service to sunny side yard. I scored 1054 best possible score was 1070 gold medal is 1700. I got a bronze.

28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Not sure where to put this, but is anyone else having a problem with turning off the bell on the ACS-64 on NYT?

29. northeasttrainman

northeasttrainman Active Member

During the NJ Transit 3914 Timetable Service, you're routed to go through Hudson Yards for no apparent reason.
    You can watch my YouTube video.
    Super weird and unnecessary, mainly because it's more time consuming that just saying on the track you left NWK on.

After being a train enthusiast for much of my life, I finally started a YouTube channel for it.
    I'll post gameplay videos (I finally figured out how to use the Xbox Video Capture), and a few real life ones over time.

30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Arrow III NEC Trenton-NYC via New Brunswick RWJ/Rutgers Station and NJCL South Amboy/Aberdeen-Matawan to NY Penn. The left side of the cab has a voltage triangle for voltages to be used for this is for 11-12kv 16.7-25hz others are 25kv 60hz.
    ALP-45DP RVL Newark Penn Track 5 southbound and NJCL Bay Head direct services mode change at Long Branch for 25kv 60hz from Aberdeen-Matawan to NY Penn via Rahway voltage change to 11-12kv 16.7-25hz

31. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Def agree on the less care on the US content part.
    As far as issues goes, there are ways to many issues stated, but if they would've done better adding some ai layers from LIRR and even part of the Coast Line and make the timetable a bit busy...I would as well buy the DLC as well...But we already stated the obvious with their excuses...But at least there is another NEC section in the game, which is good(yes I be great to extend to Philly), but it ain't easy to get license for the SEPTA.

• Like Like x 1
  32. driverwoods#1787

spot on but If DTG gets the SEPTA License ACS-64 can be reskinned to get a SEPTA version 901-915 with Comet II-IV SEPTA Paint missing restroom cars since the reskinned NJ Transit versions have them such as 5244.

33. MAX1319

Someone sent me this. Did they add AI for the Dover line? It shows on track 4 at penn. Also trains to Montclair state university ? 73A0ED84-C51B-4BC2-988B-C3C055204535.jpeg 887C5651-CD5D-4CE1-9410-D80315EE49CF.jpeg 89C874DD-44DF-4772-921B-5551233A46BC.jpeg

34. nepclassof84

I just ran a service and had no problem

35. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

Oops, you arrive at the train station on time and almost get rammed from behind. :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  36. Dinosbacsi

This is so annoying on US route where multiple trains can occupy the same block. Sure, it can happen in real life as well, especially in rush hour times, but the AI in TSW does not care about ATC so will approach you are line speed and brake aggressively, stopping just in time.

• Like Like x 5
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

And according to the stream schedule it is onto the next content, forget the US trainwreck, cheer for the new thing!

• Like Like x 5
  38. Blacknred81

Only hope is something is said in the roadmap stream....

• Like Like x 1
  39. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

So DTG made Rivet pause production of there next add on and concentrate on improving Edinburgh Glasgow but the same rules don't apply to DTG own products?

I know it's not a precise science but if you go off steam reviews Edinburgh Glasgow is viewed as better standard then Trenton

Edinburgh Glasgow - 60% reviews positive
    Trenton - 40% reviews are positive.

Maybe DTG need to be holding themselves to the same standards as they hold their 3rd parties.

• Like Like x 12
  40. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It does make you wonder that if the Edinburgh to Glasgow route had trains clipping through platforms, what DTG's response would have been?

• Like Like x 7
  41. MAX1319

I really hope so

42. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It probably would have been held back and rivet told to fix prior to release

• Like Like x 1
  43. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Well onto the next new DLC forget about the issues with the NY route

44. driverwoods#1787

If you want to see that happen in real life look no further than Jamaica Long Island Railroad if it has the working positive train control working. On Harlem Line this happens too

45. Dinosbacsi

I don't think LIRR has it in TWS, as I remember seeing AI trains actually stopping at the block signals if it's occupied. As for the other routes, I am aware. I hate it on Harlem Line when the AI is right up on my rear, even though I am keeping schedule.

I do wonder if holding back the roadmap article has anything to do with potentially more improvements coming to the route. I don't have high hopes, but one can dream, right?

46. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

And that was?

47. MAX1319

Yea is a shame. The NEC has already been shelved just as predicted and now is on to the German DLC. The NEC NY- Trenton has a lot of potential I hope it gets looked at. This could easily one be the busiest route. Not sure if that means paying for more loco add ons. But we can only hope since they have redone other routes timetable without adding new locos……..only time will tell

• Like Like x 4
  48. TripleJ814

Or… they’ll just ignore all the questions relating to UP Heritage Collection and NY-Trenton. It wouldn’t surprise me, DTG is good at keeping silent.

• Like Like x 2
  49. rennekton#1349

They have different teams for different continents. Also team who fixes bugs and makes new content are completely different. It's been mentioned several times by dtg already i believe

50. nepclassof84

Looks like any service to / from Sunnyside is bronze medal at best