Getting Error Messages On Msvcp100d.dll And Mscvpr100d.dll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddha.13, Dec 27, 2018.

1. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi all,
    I am getting this error message on about 50% of my add on payware routes. TS2019 seems to load ok. I can run about 50% of my route without a problem, But the other 50% come up with the error I have listed below.
    All my American and European routes run fine. It is just the British routes that are having this problem. Including all the £60.00's worth of routes I treated my self for Christmas.
    I have checked the 3 dependencies need for Ts2019 and have all 3 installed.
    I am running Windows 7 32 bit with 4gb ram.
    Nvidea 970 Graphics card with 2gb onboard memory.
    3GHZ Quad core intel processor using the latest WHQL drivers.
    My TS2019 install currently stands at 49GB.
    I have done 3 clean installs, But keep getting this error.
    C\:program files\steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\data\CrashReport\Win32\MSVCP100D.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. I replced the dll with a new copy(after saving the original dll file) and all that happens is that I get the same message for the MSCVPR100D.dll. I replaced that and TS2019 will not load at all. So again it was replaced with the original file.
    Also when TS2019 crashes it remains running in the background with it's normal background sound. I have to stop it with the task manager.
    Any help would be gratefully received before I go bald with tearing my hair out
    Currently the route that will not run are,
    London to Brighton.
    East coast mainline,
    WCML North,
    Riviera line,
    Riviera line in the 1950's,
    Netherfield-Nottingham network,
    Weardale and Teesdale rail networks,
    The Woodhead line,
    Malmesbury branch,
    West Scorland lines - The port road.
    Bishop Aukland to Darlington,
    Scottish east coast mainline,
    Newcastle to York mainline.
    Thanks

2. cjarkwright

cjarkwright New Member

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. It seems to be mainly on Quick Drive that I get the CTD message. It's since it updated to TS2019. I'm raising a support ticket with Dovetail to see if there's anything they know of that has screwed it up. It's not just the routes you have listed either it's most of them including some of the default ones.

As for tearing your hair out think yourself lucky - I'm already bald so nothing to tear!:(

3. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi cjarkwright,
    Thank god I am not the only one with this problem. I was just about to reformat my PC to see if it was my system that was screwed up. Even though all my other games run fine.. I really think we should be given the option to install updates and to also uninstall them to run an earlier version. I have the original Railworks from 2009. I tried to just install that but it would not let me. and reinstalled TS2019.
    I would love to go back to TS2018 which worked. Not bothered about the Woodhead line given as an extra as I had already bought it when it first came out.
    As you are raising a ticket with Dovetail I will wait and see what they say and do. If you can post back here with their reply it would be appreciated. If they are a bit tardy then I will send in a separate ticket.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  4. cjarkwright

cjarkwright New Member

I'll let you know as soon as they reply. Still waiting at moment but I'm guessing they may be shut until January.

5. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Just curious, are you trying to run the 64bit game on a 32bit computer?

6. cjarkwright

cjarkwright New Member

No mate I checked that. In my case rest of the game works ok, just Quick Drive fluffs it up ;) and that only happened since it updated to 2019. I haven't got any new DLC or Workshop stuff so I'm confused!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  7. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

In my case it is in both quick drive and free roam where I have problems. But the strange thing is that in all cases it is not nessecerily the same routes that cause the problem, but the ones that do work , work flawlessly. Also some routes that work in quick drive do not work in free roam and visa versa, Also I have noticed that not all my routes I have installed show up in both quick drive and free roam, but show up in standard routes when they used to show up in all sections. I think Dovetail have screwed up somewhere when they have made it 32/64 bit. Give me back TS2018 please.
    And yes I am running 32 bit Win 7.

8. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi all,
    Well a little bit of an update. I managed to get some more of my routes working. To do this I installed Microsoft visual studio 2017. I installed the community version as that's the one that is free.

9. cjarkwright

cjarkwright New Member

Hi Buddha, I definitely think someone (probably Dovetail) has issued an update or something as Steam said TS2019 has downloaded something that was 242mb. It said ready to play so I did and ALL my routes and consists are now working. The only thing is I don't know what it was that downloaded to point you in that direction! I haven't heard anything useful from the support ticket yet only one reply saying I should attach my system specs, error log and game version to gain support. The fact that I had attched all this to the original request seems to have gone unnoticed so not holding my breath. I think it MAY be something to do with the graphics levels as that was mentioned also. If you put everything to bare minimum and try one that you know usually crashes the game does it make a difference?

10. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi Clark,

The only thing you attached to your ticket was a log containing the following text:

Saved log to...

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\TempDump\

Exception Code: 0x00000000

Exception Info: UNKNOWN

Please contact our Customer Support Team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com

As you did not include the actual log noted in the folder above or a DxDiag this is why I asked for extra information.

11. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi folks,
    OK after putting forwards a ticket to Dovetail about this problem I have received 2 emails back. They both basically say that TS2019 now really needs a 64 bit operating system and you need to upgrade to continue to play it. As you might imagine I am not very happy about this situation.
    This is the first answer I received:

1/ Your Nvidia graphics driver is out of date so please ensure to install the latest one as advised in our guide linked to previously.
    Please note that your system only has 3GB of RAM available as a 32-Bit OS can only assign 4GB of RAM in total and it has reserved 1GB for your GTX 970. This will limit the game's performance massively.
    I would strongly recommend updating to a 64-Bit OS and adding 4GB of additional RAM to get the best performance from your system as right now it's held back by your OS and only having 3GB of RAM available in total.

This still does not answer the question why TS2019 is saying that the 2 dll files are not designed to run on windows or are faulty. If they had said well they(The dll files) no longer support your operating system that's one thing. So does this mean since they upgraded TS2019 to run 64 bit they have found that certain things have been changed causing certain problems with the 32 bit operating systems and will no longer work They should have informed those of us who still run a 32bit system of this. At least on steam where a lot of us generally buy our extra content. I would not have wasted nearly £50.00 buying routes at Christmas had I known. I emailed back to Dovetail basically saying that this message did not answer the problem and got this reply:

2/ As noted previously we would recommend updating to a 64-Bit operating system as at this time your system is limited to using just 3GB of RAM.
    The 391.35 driver is out of date drivers as the current driver is 417.35 as Nvidia no longer seem to create drivers for your 32-Bit OS you won't be able to update it further.
    As all required .dll files are included as part of the game once installed through Steam or as part of Windows I would once again recommend you install a 64-Bit OS as doing so will likely resolve the issue experienced as well as greatly improve the stability of your system.

My drivers as Dovetail have said are the latest for my operating system so I cannot get any newer ones So basically They have said I need to go and pay several hundred pounds to buy a new operating system and more memory. Which in my case means a completely new computer as mine will not run windows 10. Which means even more money that I do not have. If it is as they have inferred because I am using a 32 bit system and now need to use a 64 bit system they should offer us a chance to roll back to TS2018.
    In light off all this if nothing happens to resolve this issue I will not be buying any more extra content, And as I cannot afford to buy a new PC. I will probably just remove TS2019 and play with my other programs that work.

A very unhappy Train simmer.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  12. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

13. cjarkwright

cjarkwright New Member

Hi Daniel, sorry for the (very) late reply. Everything sorted itself so I never checked back in until recently. Sorry