Road Map Train Sim World Roadmap - March 2023

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Isn't pilot the first axle? On steam locos usually the non-powered one

2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

In the UK the term "valance" is used, such as those that were removed from the front of the class 37s in the 70s, or from the side of the A4s during wartime.

3. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget about the weird “body snatchers” glitch that happens on BCC, where the passengers will stand completely still until you close the doors and then they try to get on the train

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

Yeah - and who knows, maybe the next loco dlc will feature a properly skirted 103 instead of two stripes :)
    20230308_091008.jpg

As for the 110s, I can live with them pulling freight for a while, hoping we'll see a 140 or even better a 151 sometime in the future to replace them. Shame they didn't add the 110 in TEE-colors though (or in ivory-blue, my favourite paint scheme ever - yearning for a 218 in that!), that would give it even more legs as this orient red-version and fit the route well.

20230308_091543.jpg
    Behold the mighty 151!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If it's just sub ins then itll be consigned to pick up in a big sale bin for me. Personally I don't get the economics of paying £10 for 3-4 scenarios and a reskin of an existing loco on a route well driven when for £30 I can buy a brand new route usually with a brand new loco to drive the same number of scenarios and a 24 hour timetable. A new route is far better value for money.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I will definitey buy Niddertalbahn. What we see looks interesting and it is clear TSG invested a lot in creating something really nice. New foliagel, reasonable length for a first route, a fair amount of stations, some freight activity and nice collectables. The only missing thing is the donkey, which isn't a big deal for me.

I would live to buy Linke Rhein Strecke but will wait for a nice discount. The other stuff only if they are really cheap. The amounts of new content are so large now that I cannot play it all so no urgent need to buy it. But some old German stuff looks great. The refurbished class 37 for SEH looks like a nice addition with extra gameplay. For the others I don't care at all.

The bad news: nothing on scenario planner. DTG do you remember the promise for scenario planner 2.0?

• Like Like x 4
  7. goupil74

goupil74 Member

Very interesting roadmap and future contents. I wish the Mainz – Koblenz will offer two time table in the future, one for BR110 history and one with modern services and train

• Like Like x 2
  8. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Can you please include a WRmz with the IC coaches. A rake without them feels incomplete.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Me too. But I had to put my hand over my head and say no no no no no no, Not another botched route AGAIN

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Every single German DLC to date has been modern, I don’t think there’s any place to complain about 2 DLC’s being ‘old’ not that they are really old at all. I do think DTG need to look at how they pace their routes, there is an issue in that clustering routes of the same era together has been an issue in TSW before, but that issue isn’t that the routes weren’t modern. Overall these 2 DLC’s will be a breath of fresh air for Germany.

Also, there’s much more of an argument to be made for the ICE layer to be removed completely, there’s no point in making an older themed DLC, just to bastardise it with modern stock.

• Like Like x 5
  11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Technically only one. Bro, while using the 110, was set on 2009 so it's not old old. Mainz Koblenz and niddertalbahn are like the actual older German routes. It's not br blue old but still the oldest German route in tsw

12. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I was positive surprised as Matt was talking about standardization of RailDriver buttons :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think nidder is being released at same time with layers as it benefits the sales. Get linke and then why not add nidder to up your services.

if they released them too far apart people would t twig they layer up

14. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Like others I reckon Nidderbahn is a day 1 purchase, with the linke schtrecke route in the bargain bin once the 110 is replaced on freight duties with an actual freight locomotive. Unbelievable they weren’t capable of knocking out a second loco. They always blame time, but that’s a wall they build themselves. Give yourselves more time if you need it to make a better product. Silly deadlines can be a false economy when the reputation of the company is on the line.

• Like Like x 4
  15. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

That happens on a load of routes

• Like Like x 1
  16. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, a new loco add on would have been great

17. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Even though it would demand some considerable remodelling, I feel like perhaps an ICE 2 would have been a better fit. It really depends on the price payment and packaging of the repaints if I consider them to be valid. I'd rather have had an ICE 2 loco add-on, as that also have tonnes of layering potential on other routes.

• Like Like x 4
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Like but Linke Rheinstrecke Koblenz Bingen Mainz Frankfurt am Main Hbf should have gotten a DB Baureihe 150 Einheitselok for freight services. there's two based at Koblenz Lützel DB Baureihe 150 091 & 150 186 this one has a Swiss pantograph fitted on one end. If a DB Baureihe 140 Einheitselok was made it will run Freight and N-wagen

19. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I agree, with an ICE 2 your suggestion (Köln-Wupperthal) would bring some progress with more Loco DLC filling German routes

• Like Like x 1
  20. rennekton#1349

They are releasing close together but not at the same time

21. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

I thought it might, I just used BCC as my example as it’s the route I see it happen to the most

22. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Well, as a player, I'd disagree. I think having very few such services is reasonable and enhances gameplay possibilities. Yes, it's not totally accurate, although not totally wrong either (still less wrong than 612s on Bremen and not unlike wrong DoStos on Hamburg) - externally the differences are not that huge, so if you just happen to see one of those two services for a few seconds, because that's really what will happen at most, if you don't want to drive them, it shouldn't really ruin the immersion that much.

On the other hand those who want to drive an ICE on the route (myself among them) get a possibility to do so without a necessity of setting up a scenario themselves, which is a pain in the back, if you want to have even semi-realistic AI traffic on a long route.

One solution which could be applied within the existing game contraints, would be to only have those ICEs in certain months, so those who don't even want to see them for a couple of seconds, can drive without such a risk, if that's too much of an immersion breaker for some players.

Obviously a perfect solution would be ability to switch selected layers off, but for now the core game does not have such an option.

• Like Like x 5
  23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Do I understand correctly from the Roadmap stream that a loco that I own (LMS Jubilee) layers onto a route that I own (Edinburgh-Glasgow) but only if I buy a separate pack that I don’t want that is based on a route at the other end of the country?

• Like Like x 1
  24. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

After seeing this kind of modified loco being added to the game.It make me wonder if we could ever see a maintenance/rescue loco added to the bakerloo line,It be nice to have something in those tunnels other then useing trains that don't fit. ,

• Like Like x 3
  25. rennekton#1349

The jubilee in sos and the jubilee in the wcl steam enhancement pack are different. The wcl one has a speedometer, aws, new stuff on the locomotives, so different modeling. New features too such as Christmas lights, changeable headboards, battery powered taillamp. So the sos one does not run on wcl.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  26. SHINO BAZ

Well you got to give rivet games props at least they given the steam locos and coaches some nice upgrades.Excellent advance recycle on display.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Why am i thinking that this can replace the Jubilee seen on the "Spirit of Steam" railtour for SEHS?

28. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Either that or if a 110 had to change depot with no suitable passenger duties to bring her from one place to the other. The old Bundesbahn usually used whatever was availble and got the job done. 151s on passenger duty were a similar thing that happened once in a while.

• Like Like x 2
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Depending. They could work with older coaches with axle generators, but since they didn't have a bus bar (HEP) they couldn't supply the newer coaches. And they couldn't work with a cab car.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Will the LMS Jubilee from Rivet Games sub in on the steam rail tours on SEHS?

31. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

I would love to know if the West Cornwall Jubilee will be able to sub in for the Steam Railtours on SEHS? Would be nice to use the “modern” Jubilee there with it’s Speedo & AWS.

• Like Like x 1
  32. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Lol, you were quicker. I was still typing as you posted the question :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  33. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Actually they had KWS and worked for example around Stuttgart with Karlsruher cab cars. I saw some photos before but could not find them now, but those definitely exist. Even if it was a rare sight.
    What they did not have was TB0 for door control, so when TB0 became compulsory around 2000 they could not be used anymore with passenger services, like a lot of other freight locos.

• Like Like x 1
  34. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

There's actually quite some photographic evidence of 151s on IR and RE duty, always a weird sight.

• Like Like x 1
  35. SHINO BAZ

I just have to ask this,does rivet games steam railtour add on come with steam locomotives or do you need the spirit of steam add on as well to use it?I ask because in the past some dlc have needed other dlc for TSW to use other add ons.

For example for eastcoastway you needeed other dlc's to use it's railtour option and additionial. dlc to use other add on locos to pull the railtour trains.

36. rennekton#1349

It comes with the jubilee which has been modified to be appropriate with the route such as adding in aws, speedometer, changeable headcodes, christmas lights, battery powered taillamp. Not the exact same as the sos one. There are 2 liveries and the passenger coaches are included

37. SHINO BAZ

Thank You just checking,with the way DTG does these crossover dlc it better to find out what you getting before possibly buying it.

38. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about the DB BR150 example here is a model of DB BR150 150 144 4 in weathered paint made by the Märklin group which makes it the German equivalent to Class 66 weathered from RHTT. The Marklin group, just released KWG Trainbow ICE3 under 37784. For Linke Rheinstrecke DB BR150 why not give it Fad 176 coal wagons if fitted with C-Akv couplers the Faals Falrrs Iron Ore wagons

• Like Like x 2
  39. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I like the Roadmap apart from the locomotive add-on bundle. I don't think I will buy it. Between the multiple same locomotives that we already had SD70ACe, ICE 1 and 3, and the Class 37's. I feel like it's a gimmicky thing. My idea is to actually introduce new locomotives to the franchise. Like the B40-8 for Cajon Pass. Something that would make people want to buy it. If you keep rereleasing things it becomes boring. Apart from that, the German route looks lovely. Hopefully it won't have many bugs on release.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  40. SHINO BAZ

So is this br "class" 375 the only thing that this loco 37/? can use this coupler to push/pull?

41. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I guess we can be thankful we didn't get a 5th class 66

• Like Like x 6
  42. SHINO BAZ

Give'um time i'm guessing loco pack 3 4 5 will have a 66 in there somewhere,because NEW is hard and OLD is easy.

43. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

The 150, you say?
    20230309_092827.jpg
    Great choice as well, and even more vintage! It's just that personally I like the 151 a little better because of her looks. For freight I'll happily take a 150 or her little sister, the 140. I remember seeing 150s in green from my childhood, seems DB were not in a hurry to repaint them.

• Like Like x 4
  44. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Will the tsw2 patch ever happen? The "Part 1 before Christmas" is really starting to sound like it was a bald face lie. Its now March and you STILL dont have a clue.

• Like Like x 1
  45. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

No idea about the other countries, but as a British-routes-only consumer I’m absolutely chuffed. Great to get some details of the Midland Main Line, having it set in 2019 means there’s some room for liveries based on the transition from EMT to EMR. I’m typically not a fan of non-passenger stuff, but those Europhoenix 37s and the white 375s should really liven up SEHS even more. It’s fast becoming the game’s best British route.

46. luke tsw

luke tsw New Member

47. rennekton#1349

There's 5 dlc releasing this month. Mainz Koblenz, niddertalbahn, mml, wcss pack, loco bundle 2

48. SHINO BAZ

Well at least they added in the option for us to repaint are own trains,until they figure out a costum livery pack to charge us for.
    Well at least this isn't as bad as being beta testers for new dlc we have to pay for frist.

• Like Like x 1
  49. 25262

25262 Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are all this month.

50. SHINO BAZ

If i remember correctly TSG had one other german loco he was working on listed to come after the DB BD 420,after seeing the 103/110 i remembered it,so is this loco still in the works or has it been dropped?