Is This Legit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Mar 12, 2023.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Oh I see. I own most of the dlc but the 5 or so I don't own seem worth it.

Thanks.

3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Please be aware many are reporting it's broken, and some people are even suggesting that Humble Bundle aren't planning on doing anything about it. Truly disgusting if true.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Worked fine for me. Good value, in my case 11 items I didn’t have including 3 routes actually on my wanted list.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Two of the codes I got gifted didn't work (DLC doesn't show up in list, but when you try to re-apply the code it says "already owned")

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Doomotron

This is the issue I am having.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Slightly different for me, I got gifted 3 dlcs by a kind person on Facebook and two of the codes were for the same dlc, this was confirmed when he activated the third code himself and it was indeed a dlc I'd just activated, doesn't help that they were both Norfolk line codes where one should have been Norfolk coal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

But but but "already owned" is an error you get when you yourself own it already.
    Try to log off and on Steam, it could be a hiccup.
    Normally when you activate a key it shows the DLC for it, so maybe there is a problem there which also causes the client to not refresh.

It is supposed to be legit, DTG themselves advertising it, basically a mix of inviting new players and offering non-selling keys to veterans.
    So if anything, I would first assume there's a mistake with it.

I truly hope it helps!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Doomotron

I've been trying on multiple devices, on different days and using different methods. I absolutely do not own the Norfolk Southern Coal District route and never have done. It's the code which is wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

The Humble code that didn’t work for me (“already owned” but I don’t own it) is Clinchfield Railroad U36C Loco. I sent Humble a support ticket but haven’t heard back yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It was the same for me

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

At least the offer runs for another 18 days, so time for Humble to sort the problems out.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Is it because of cloned keys? In gonna buy the pack tomorrow. Clinchfield u36c is one I don't own.

14. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I just checked in game and the Clinchfield u36c has definitely redeemed ok for me. I definitely didn't have it before. So looks like you 'should' be ok.

I did get an 'already owned' notification on one of the routes, which I didn't think I owned, but it's also showing up in game, so I guess I must have already had it.

Hope it works ok for you if you get it and that the others that have had issues get it resolved quickly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. triznya.andras

Of course I don't know...
    ... the way it worked a couple years ago, you buy the bundle, you get a (Humble) key that gives you access to a Steam key retrieve page, listing your DLC. You can request a key for any of the products listed there, individually.

Some people claim all to hand excess ones out, others just click those few they actually need.

Based on this UX I have to assume that someone gives Humble a key list, can visualize it as a spreadsheet with just two columns, product and key. They store it, and whenever you claim a key, it picks one and marks it.

There can be mistakes obviously, such as product / key mismatch, or reuse of previously sold key (like when a store sells it but they fail to register and then resell it, or again mistakenly distribute it to multiple sites). In my experience the products offered here are essentially leftovers, often over a decade old, so there is a lot of room for things to go wrong. As such, it's a bit unlikely to discover these en masse, except during these sales.

Of course malice and hacking is also possible.

Normally, you should have easy proof that you received the key (like an email from Humble or something) and contact either Humble or DTG for a replacement.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

No, I think it's a simple given information error

Example laid out in it's simplest terms..

You buy a pack of four DLCs in a bundle.
    Key 1 = DLC 1 - You enter this into Steam and all ok
    Key 2 = DLC 2 - Again no issues entering into Steam
    Key 3 = DLC 3 - As above, all good.
    Key 4 = DLC 1 - Yep they've listed it as DLC 4 but they've actually supplied another code for DLC 1 in error, and as you've already just redeemed DLC 1 Steam will correctly tell you that you already own it, (unhelpfully Steam will not tell you what the Key 4 is actually for because it only tells you the DLC name after successfully activating the product)

So Humble supplied four legitimate keys they just incorrectly supplied the wrong key for one of those DLC's

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Plenty of people have had zero issues with any of the keys.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Doomotron

I've been speaking to DTG support today (nothing from Humble Bundle yet) and they said if you've bought the bundle and the codes aren't working they'll send replacement codes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Thats good to hear

20. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

DTG support will send the replacement codes or Humble support will?

I had issues with two keys, for NS Coal District and the Clinchfield U36C. Humble sent me replacement codes for both, NS Coal District worked the second time, Clinchfield U36C still doesn’t work, still waiting for another reply for the U36C.

Steam support checked out the keys I was sent and it appears the ones that say “Already owned” is Humble sending keys for the wrong products. The first NS Coal District key I got was a duplicate key for TS Classic base game. Very odd.

21. triznya.andras

I have read the Steam thread yesterday evening and it appears that the two Clinchfield DLC are flipped.
    Coal District is also frequently mentioned indeed. It was included with TS 2016, maybe those were misconfigured, pointing at 24010 instead of the specific DLC.

22. paulkemp

paulkemp New Member

I tried DTG with the U36C problem and got a lazy cut and paste of the DTG support page. Waiting on Humble Bundle.

23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We are working with HumbleBundle to resolve the issue; we believe a couple have been mislabeled (the correct keys were sent through our end). We'll update when we know more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. WhippleStripper

That's good to know. I'm interested in the bundle, but will wait until everything's fixed. The U36C is one of the DLC that interest's me.

25. Doomotron

I sent requests to both Humble Bundle and DTG. Humble Bundle will update the codes on your purchase page to be the correct ones, while DTG will send replacement codes. Humble Bundle is the easier method as you only need the transaction ID, while DTG ask for the whole receipt.
    To add weight behind the TS2016 theory, I do own TS2016, having bought a physical copy a number of years ago.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  26. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I was told by the person who gifted me the non-working codes that he had been told by HB that if the original codes were re-applied they would work. I re-applied the U36 code and got just the same - "product already owned" but nothing listed in the DLC list. So from now on I'll say "not legit" to this

27. DTG JD

Just as an update: we've chatted to HumbleBundle, they're aware, and have prepped their Support Team if anyone has any issues redeeming codes: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us

(it is legit, but unfortunately it looks like some of the keys haven't been put in the right places when the Humble set-up was happening).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. WhippleStripper

JD, has the problem been fixed and support is only required for previous purchasers, or could it still happen to new buyers?

29. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I was told by the person who gifted me the Clinchfield U36C that he had been told that I should just re-apply the code, and it would work. Which of course it didn't. So it hasn't been fixed, and I doubt it will. After all, HB has gotten the money, why would they care?

• Like Like x 1
  30. DTG JD

as far as I'm aware, they've fixed it (that was the latest from overnight), so should only apply to previous purchasers.

31. TripleJ814

Would be nice if Humble Support was responsive.

They sent me a replacement key for the U36C, it didn’t work again, so I replied back saying it still doesn’t work, and no reply since.

Any chance of DTG directly supplying a Clinchfield Railroad U36C key?

32. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi TripleJ814 ,

Could you get in touch with Dovetail Support, with your Humble Bundle purchase receipt and the Clinchfield U36C key you were provided with? Then, we will arrange for a replacement key. We can't promise this will be faster than Humble support, but we would like to help.

33. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

If he was gifted the code (as I was) he probably won't have a purchase receipt

34. TripleJ814

Submitted the ticket (#58464)

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  35. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Just so I know, the Long Island Railroad that comes with this is the TSC version correct?

36. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Pretty certain it's all TSC stuff apart from the -45% TSW3 voucher

• Like Like x 1