Tsw: Northern Trans-pennine Is Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 13, 2018.

1. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

I agree, more AI passengers and more AI trains would be welcome, I believe the latter will be coming. Hopefully with that update will come some polish / fixes to address the likes of these.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

In time with more loco dlc and editing hopefully we can have the 101s 45s and 47s parked up on approach aswell as a terminated ecml service.

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

BR Class 101 with cantrail stripes, taken June 1981:

[​IMG]
    Photo taken July 1983:

[​IMG]
    Photo taken February1982:
    [​IMG]
    Photo taken April 1982:
    [​IMG]
    Photo taken April 1982:
    [​IMG]

Note that none of the photos show cantrail stripes down the sides - it was only required on the front at the time.

Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

I'll give you that then, fair enough.

The rest are still valid issues though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

6. LastTrainToClarksville

I don't think we know yet whether this will be a free add-on for those who have bought the route or pay-ware.

7. LastTrainToClarksville

What is this "it" that "encourages" walking through walls?

8. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Uh... this is DTG. It won't be free. Sorry.

Given the quality of the rolling stock in NTP, I'm giving DTG a break here. A freight DLC would be fine with me, especially on sale. As long as whatever it has is as good as NTP. It's certainly less of a grab than the class 33 or GP40-2. Even if it just includes one locomotive, it will add services with hopefully several kinds of wagons and at least 2 locos (whatever's in the DLC + class 47).

9. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Having just done the mail run with the class 47 I think freight on NTP will be great fun, although some of the gradients will make life interesting. Hopefully some shunting of freight might make an appearance. Im looking forward to seeing the gronk from wsr make an appearance at some point, with the editor if not through dtg.

10. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Is there a service mode timetable available with this route yet?

11. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  12. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

i think TrainSim-Steve has one

13. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. LastTrainToClarksville

And why should I trust you?

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you look at other Add-ons released for TS2019, yes I know this is TSW, they have all come at some cost.
    Usually If you own a Base Route then any add-on for it is discounted but never Free.
    Unless you count the Pump Car - that was free

Peter

• Like Like x 3
  16. goes2jack

goes2jack New Member

I visited the Dovetail Store last night to purchase this little beauty. I patiently awaited my email confirmation with the invoice and activation code. I went to the steam app and pasted in my code, and waited. Yes, only then was I made aware that this is a bundled product, and would have to spend an additional $52 to complete the transaction. I have reread all the information and purchase instructions and nowhere did I read that the additional purchases were necessary. At some point, will this ever become available an "unbundled" item? The items I would be required to purchase, I already have, or wouldn't want. Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to? Thanks in advance.

17. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

NTP is a standalone product however you do need to own TSW in order access it. From your description, it sounds like you don't own Train Sim World is that correct?

The Dovetail Live store page notes the following "This content requires: Train Sim World®"

https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/...n-trans-pennine-manchester-leeds-route-add-on

• Like Like x 2
  18. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I avoid the DTG Store unless there's a sale there which isn't on Steam. In future I recommend buying directly from Steam as it's a little more obvious what is and isn't DLC there. Also for Steam it's easy to get a refund on a game you've purchased so long as you haven't played it for more than 2hrs and it's within 14 days of purchase. I'm not sure how DTG process refunds on their store.

Steam it's obvious it's DLC:
    NTP.jpg
    DTG's store it's not so obvious, I can see how someone would miss it:
    NTP-DTG.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. goes2jack

goes2jack New Member

TrainSim-Daniel and Digital Draftsman, thank you for your answer and assistance all without making me look like a total idiot. I thought I had Train Sim World, but apparently I only have Train Sim (whatever). Digital Draftsman thanks for the advice to only purchase from Steam, I will definitely make future purchases from there. Good day, and thanks again. Jack

20. LastTrainToClarksville

According to you, of course. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but so are others. A business that does not try to make ("grab", in your terms) money is not a business. Even charities share the goal of making money. DTG announced from the beginning that this would initially be a passenger DLC, with freight to be added later as another DLC. Those were and are the terms of the deal and those who don't like the terms of a deal should not accept it in the first place. I've stated before a hope that those of us who bought the route without freight would receive a discount when freight becomes available, but I would not expect it as a free gift.

Okay, Dash7Studios, click the X and move on.

• Like Like x 10
  21. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Lots of you want freight,well here are 5 months later and still no freight

22. raildan

I don't think anyone expected it this soon TBH. It takes a long time to make these DLC. We have no reason to think they aren't working on it- first off, just recently the rolling stock that will be included in the pack was found hidden in one of the game's files (looks like a class 08 and a class 40 with a couple of freight wagons of course), and second off, why would Dovetail, of all things, hesitate to make more paid DLC?

Seriously, have some patience. This thing is obviously in the works. Some think it will release as early as this summer after the next US route and class 52 have been released but before the next UK route is released.

23. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I don’t recall DTG laying down a timeline of when that particular DLC would be available. And in the intervening 5 months, they have released several updates, fixes and additional new DLC, many of which I have found to be well done and enjoyable with a few bringing freight to routes that did not have freight previously. So I am more than happy to wait for freight to appear on NTP. Would rather them take time to provide a quality DLC than rushing it to satisfy impatient people.

And what dog did you have in this fight anyway... sounds as if you aren’t concerned with freight being available or not ( “Lots of you want freight.....”) so I am guessing your comment was made just to raise conflict since you probably could care less one way or another.

• Like Like x 3
  24. SHINO BAZ

Who are you to judge me?I love this game and i like when new trains get added,NP is a large route and i see others ask about something it makes wonder about it to.The class 45 is a great loco and it be cool to have a few freight cars to pull with it someday.

25. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

So if you love this game I am still in a quandary as to what was your intention with the original comment. Not judging just asking.

If you are just wondering when the DLC is going to be released, then only DTG knows for sure. The way the question was stated it came across more as a dig at DTG for it not being released all ready.

If that was not your intention, I would suggest you phrase the question differently - and my apologies for assuming it was meant to be confrontational.

But as to who are we to judge, posting in a public forum, all are free to judge your post, just as you are free to judge mine.

Best

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  26. SHINO BAZ

I'm sorry to,the way i type my messages definitly need more self editing work.

Btw:Here a idea that be DT might want to consider as a stop gap measure,the GWR has 2 freight cars options already in the game,maybe they could be ported over to NP route,there already in game,it mean no time needed to build them,just move them and add a few extra senrios to use them in.i'm trying to help by suggestion something that might be worth considering...I am surprised that no one would have at least suggested this before now.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  27. raildan

Wrong era. It would make no sense to put the GWE freight stock in NTP.

Seriously, though, they don't need a "stop-gap measure" here. It's not that urgent to most people. They're working on freight, it is coming (probably more than halfway done by now), please be patient.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

That said. A class 52 or 33 charter on the NTP wouldnt be so out of place. I also get that people want to drive the GWE stock on something other than a pretty straight 4 track 36 mile stretch. Bit like having a nice car, but only being able to drive it on a motorway. Or WSR having beastly engines but only able to take them round the estate. A diesel gala could have the GWR hst visit on a 2/3 stop run along the WSR. The DB 66 could run light engine and perform various manoeuvres? Turntable at Minehead or refuel at Williton? Loco convoy scenarios. Minehead sidings to Norton Fitzwarren. 47,33 and 52. Or an EWS and DB 66 convoy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  29. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im thinking why they could bring out a freight scenario pack or something like that. i believe this could work on GWE for instance. run light engine to the cement works. pick up the loaded wagons, take them to reading, wait for empties coming from Plymouth or even the next rain of empties, take them to cement works. load them up and take them to old oak common. wait for empty train to arrive. take them to cement works. driver this is you duties for the day, you may have to do a few more runs. when your duty is finished run back light engine to old oak or reading ready for duties the next day. this could be an example for GWE or even on MSB or RSN. maybe this could even be duties for 3 or even a week. im sure DTG could think up more scenarios. i get bored just running trains from A to B without dropping off wagons or picking up wagons.
    as for NTP if they updated it to a more modern day then we could run the class 66 on it as i know as i live in Leeds and there is a frieghtliner depot there and they run lots of gravel trains around this area.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Sidings all over the place on GWE. For light locos, engineers consists. Aggregate trains waiting to go to Acton. We see how busy MSB/RSN is. GWE should be the same.

• Like Like x 1