PC Resolution Preferences

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shaun123, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Got a new 27” Samsung curved monitor for Christmas, and just wondering what the best resolution for TSW would be. The default for my monitor and the sim is 1920x1080, but obviously with the anti-aliasing issues in game I have the screen percentage set higher.

I’ve tried the top resolution 3840x2160 in game with no discernible impact on FPS.

My PC specs are:

Radeon RX 580 Series
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor
    Asus AM4 PRIME X370 PRO Motherboard
    8GB Ram
    Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks.

2. basementjack

basementjack New Member

I've experimented a bit and I'd say run it at the highest resolution you can while still hitting a comfortable frame rate.

On my system, I can run it at 3440x1440 (21:9) widescreen at 60FPS and its fantastic - buttery smooth. Play with the anti aliasing settings as they do make a difference.

I also tried a 4k 16:9 monitor, which also looked great, but the FPS was lower. Right now I'm trying to find an easy way to tell the game which monitor to use so I can do some more testing. Seems like it only full screens on the primary monitor....

3. hightower

hightower Guest

My understanding is that running it at 1080p then setting the screen percentage higher, you’re effectively falsely increasing the resolution. You see a lot of YouTubers doing the very same thing, then complaining about the FPS because it is still resource hungry. I don’t know exactly how you’d work it out, but I think that 1080p at 200% is approx 4K, but you don’t get the same sharpness and definition as you would at 4K.

With that in mind, surely you’d be better just using a higher resolution anyway given you’re not losing any FPS when you try it?

4. Louwe

Louwe Member

Perhaps a 'tip' for everyone struggeling with his/her graphiccard, sharpness,fps, etc.: I got a GTX 1050, not the best i know, but it's good enough for me. Since the beginning a could not get the best performence out of it, like most other players with the same (pc) config system i have.. I had all settings almost fully DOWN but still not playable. I tried and tried manny config's on the pc and almost gave up hope, but then EUREKA, I went to my tv set, a Philips UHD 4k (after putting the game setting video 1920*1080 on the pc) and dive in de screensettings, there i find the setting: screen sharpness, i putt it to the maximum and voilla, at least 60% better sharpness!!!!!!! Then i went back to the game and there i put all settings at HIGH (leaving shadows and effects on low with screen percentage 125 because that's fine for me but you must play with that (just to make comprimises and not that nessensary for me(DON'T FORGET: every time you change the screen perentage, the advanced settings will go to the highest settings, so you have to set youre correct settings back again) What a diverence that makes, nearly almost constandly 30fps. Perhaps a silly reply, but if a can make one person happy with it, i'm happy. I know the pc performense makes sence but i find out that your tv-set does also. One thing: sorry for my bad English I'am just a silly 'old' Dutchman who tries at least.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hightower

hightower Guest

Your English is very good!

6. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

4k on a 27 inch display is alright, but the pixel density makes it more suitable for a larger screen.

I regularly use 1080p on my 27 inch monitor.

Ideal resolution for 27 inch monitor is likely 1440p