Out Now Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz - Koblenz Is Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Mar 16, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]

Train Sim World 3: Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz - Koblenz is out now - available as a route Add-on! Take control of the Legend, the BR 103, through stunning 90s Rheinland countryside.

Roll through the Rheinland and into our Out Now article!
    (Direct Link: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/linke-rheinstrecke-out-now)

Article Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gameplay Guide

If you want to learn more about our training, the locomotives and scenarios available, be sure to dive right into our Link Rheinstrecke Gameplay Guide!
    (Direct Link: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com...nke-rheinstrecke-mainz-koblenz-gameplay-guide)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely looking forward to trying it out in the evening. Hopefully it's not undercooked!

3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Waiting patiently from Xbox Game Pass discount…..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Me as well. Would be nice if it arrived before the weekend. But I’m not hopeful.

5. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

What? A discount before the weekend? You're kidding me.... Sales for new route will possible after 2/3 months after release

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

For xbox game pass subscription users, they get a 10% discount for buying content.

• Like Like x 1
  7. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

Content is released when the steam store updates

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

So I checked and it usually updates at 10am PST. Now it's 9:22 am on the west coast. So you're telling me the download will start in 38 minutes? I'm giddy with excitement :D :D

9. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Steam still nothing indeed, weird. Hopefully they'll release it asap!! :D

10. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Not long now...!

• Like Like x 1
  11. rennekton#1349

It's so dtg can contact the team at steam during business hours in case a release goes wrong. If it was at midnight and caused issues, then there would be nobody to contact and people would be even more mad.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

What Date do you get the DLC at 4am?

16th or 17th?

If it’s 4am on the 16th, then you’re getting it 6 hours earlier than anyone else, and as far as I’m aware there’s no requirement for you to buy it at precisely 4am, so you could just say, sleep until a ‘normal hour’.

If it’s the 17th, then that is a shame but it’s also how time zones work, and the same thing applies, you can buy it any time after 4am still.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  13. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

It's downloading! 13 minutes to go! Castles and vineyards, here I come!

• Like Like x 1
  14. i think its time for dovetail to start talking to the folks at PC Steam and get the DLC released at the same time as console i find it wrong how we got to wait way longer then the rest as a long time Livestreamer of TSW its not good

15. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

Why? Steam content releases when the store updates, and it’s not going to change for one game. Stop being so entitled and just accept that it won’t always be perfect

• Like Like x 7
  16. rennekton#1349

You do it. It's already been explained why the times are like that by the devs in numerous livestreams and articles. It's not going to change. Just accept it and move along or buy a console.

17. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Still nothing on Steam

18. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

I downloaded it 2.5 hours ago from Steam. Try logging out of your account and then logging back in, that usually does the trick for me.

19. Michael Newbury

Nope did not work for me

20. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Bummer. Not getting the route is really annoying, and I'm out of advice. I hope someone can solve this problem for you.

21. Michael Newbury

I just checked it is installed noticed the manage downloads showed it downloaded and checked my content manager and it is there ready to be played later when my day is done.

22. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

I drove a couple of trains and so far it seems pleasant. I noticed a likely bug with a 103, where after being stopped by PZB (in the training scenario), I was not able to get rid of the emergency braking buzzer. The brakes released alright, and I could drive again, but the sound wouldn't go away, so unless I did something really stupid there, some improvement might be in order, but then again I did not try to replicate the issue either.

I also noticed some weird lighting behaviour at Mainz Hbf Bstg 2: at certain location the shadow is so deep, the car stopped there looked as if it was all black (although only on the outside). It regained its true colours once the train moved, but certainly it should not look like that.

upload_2023-3-16_22-30-34.png

• Like Like x 2
  23. aLostSoul

aLostSoul New Member

SE3352(Mainz 6:34 - Koblenz 8:03; n-Wagen Cab car 463) is uncompletable. there is a jam before koblenz, so the AI trains wont clear the track at all

24. steedy#6132

steedy#6132 New Member

Cracking route so far, definitely enjoying the 103. Anyway I’ve just spotted theres no overhead wires in the yard plus headshunt at Bingen hbf whilst playing the scenario Cold steel. Whilst driving the 110 up towards the headshunt to pick up the wagons after changing ends, the wires seemed nonexistent throughout the LE move and the pantograph is in full stretch. Something to look at?

• Like Like x 2
  25. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I agree - a nice route and great fun. It's quite demanding of computer power, although my mid-range (2070) system delivered 30-40fps most of the time, on the All Change scenario there are sometimes as many as 3 AI trains in sight and it dropped to 20fps. The traffic on the river is a bit patchy: some stretches are quite busy, others completely empty - in real life it's pretty packed!

• Like Like x 1
  26. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

At Heidesheim station and to the east of it there are probably problems with the catenary
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  27. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I bought this today. The first time I started it, I took a look at the available scenarios and only found one that involved freight -- although that one did also include some shunting work. Next, I ran one of the engine's tutorial. Then I took an all too brief look at the timetable activities for one of the engines (I don't remember which one) and saw only passenger activities in the list.

My next decision was to request a refund. Later in the day, I decided to take a longer look. That's when I discovered lots and lots of freight work, although not much of it involves shunting.

However, I found myself regretting my decision to ask for a refund; so I went back to the refund-related email and tried to cancel the refund, but that didn't work despite numerous tried. A bit later I discovered that my refund had completed.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to buy it again.

The scenery is beautiful, but hard on the FPS; however, I think I'll wind up enjoying the route anyway.

28. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

nice and let's see how NID trains fit here

29. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Such a cool route! I discovered this on a night run shortly after getting Mastery:
    MKZ Fireworks.jpg

• Like Like x 2