One More Route With Dtg Quality Standard

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by josuesleyer, Mar 16, 2023.

1. josuesleyer

josuesleyer Member

- bug windshield wiper
    - Ghost AI Conductor
    !ghost AI is becoming commonplace! Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Autonomous trains are the future lol

3. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The higher pricetags are doing wonders for the DLC quality.

• Like Like x 17
  5. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Possible DTG cost cutting? :D

upload_2023-3-16_16-47-34.png

• Like Like x 19
  6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

More and more rushed releases, more recycling trying to sell us the same thing for the umpteenth time, no quality control, less updates to fix all the bugs that the community detects and reports, a single preview a few days after release that prevents rectifying any bugs, poor performance due to lack of optimisation, less communication and feedback from the company with the community, price hikes...

I want to be positive but DTG is making it very difficult for me. I don't understand too well the policy of this company and I don't know where they want to take their product but as a veteran customer I feel more and more insulted every day. The German routes are my favourite and I always buy them on the first day but here I get off the train.

I will wait for the next Niddertalbahn and reward developers who try to innovate and who seem to take their work very seriously.

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well dtg did say higher price doesn't automatically result in higher quality. Not just tsw, but other games too that are more expensive

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Not sure what anyone expected when they tried to push this and NYT out so close together.

• Like Like x 3
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It amazes me what some people will find to complain about.

• Like Like x 4
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

wow, less then 6 hours and the complainers dominate the air waves…slow clap…. And totally predictable in these forums… .

• Like Like x 5
  11. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

For £30, the least DTG could do is invent a time machine, send you to Mainz in 1997 and let you drive the actual trains all day :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

*People who spent their hard-earned money point out obvious bugs that everyone would've found after 10 minutes of gameplay.

There, fixed it for you.

**Also complains about complainers, lol. :D

• Like Like x 16
  13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They shouldn't be there but they are hardly major.

It is funny that the same people rarely find anything positive to say, what is wrong with a balanced approach?

• Like Like x 9
  14. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

All the forums are seem to be complaining over the last year.

I admit I get into as well. But I don't think I'm anywhere near harsh.

But it's funny how people seem to go over it with a microscope in my opinion just looking for bugs. e.g Not enough trees, or the sign 3 blocks away from the track is slighty floating.

Instead of just enjoying a run. Yeah the wipers aren't working proper, we have ghost AI. We all know these things will probably be in a patch like they usually are and fixed. But the nitpicking gets me.

But what things did they do right? It like there are hundreds of things they did right to the few bugs there are.

But I guess the people like me who still have fun playing the game we are to busy playing to be sitting on the forums all day.

It's depressing and I wonder why do I still like the game? Why aren't I noticing all these bugs people say in the comments and still having fun.

So usually I spend no more that 2 days in a row looking in the forums then take at least 7 off.

And since I started doing that I have had nothing but fun with TSW3.

Could it be better..sure but everything in life could be better. Like my wifes cooking. Or a Ferrari instead of my Santa Fe.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, there are major and minor issues with pretty much every release.

Most bugs are not game breakers, some are pretty much cosmetic.

But we need a few " rivet counters " to point out even the minor blemishes, so that the developer has a chance to patch them.

If there were no nitpickers on the forum, the developers might never be aware of some of the minor bugs.

Don't you think even the small things should be fixed?

I do. And I'm happy to have a few microscope- wielding hairsplitters on the forum if that's what it takes.

There are some people who don't want to allow any complaints or anyone to point out discrepancies. Those people are just as tiresome as the ones who drill down to the most minor imperfections.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I do enjoy waiting for all the minor issues that people turn their molehills into mountains for.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it sure pairs badly with a quality decrease.

18. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I am so tired of hearing about people’s “hard earned” money being the excuse for lack of manners in pointing out flaws. While some are polite and point out a flaw and move on, many digress into name calling and throwing dispersions at the developers and others. I have no problem with legitimate discourse concerning obvious flaws. But comments such as “to the refund bin” are not needed and add nothing to the discussion.

So yes, I will complain about the complainers when they devolve into nothing more than taking cheap shots at the companies, developers and those who do not agree with them.

• Like Like x 10
  19. bakedpotatos.jm

I agree the nitpickers are good but the over the top, this is game breaking, I'm going to refund this, what a complete debacle ones are starting to get predominant over these forums.

Yes point out the bugs but no need to exaggerate the issue.

It's got this, this and this wrong, but the scenery is outstanding, no OOM crashes etc.

But I get it people just don't seem to post with the good things they do. Just the mistakes. And thats just natural in all parts of life. But it just gets so depressing.

See I need another 7 day break already LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. We need to draw a distinction between the genuine flaw finders on the one hand and the bashers and " cheap shot artists " on the other.

The latter should find an alternate outlet for their belligerence.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

Well the bar is very low if that even has to be mentioned. Besides, you wouldn't get OOM crashes from bugs but rather poor hardware, I can't remember getting one for a decade or so...

• Like Like x 2
  22. bakedpotatos.jm

Yes the bar is set low. This is coming from someone who has been in since TSW2020. For 4 years not much has changed with DTG as a company. So yes I have lower expectations because ot has now become the norm after this many years.

Personally I haven't had an OOM message for a long time either, at least since the Series X came out. But apparently it still happenes for some. I always questioned it but got a verbal lashing back for suggesting I haven't seen one.

But as someone who only got back into gaming 6 years ago from stopping in 2002 the quality in my eyes is night and day and is way better than anything I ever had before. Last train sim I owned was MSTS. But when my gamimg computer died i just never bought a new one as I was too busy at work for it.

23. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

Its a great route and a lot of fun to drive. A few minor graphical glitches that nobody really notices aren't going to spoil that for anyone. I would say this route is a success.

• Like Like x 3
  24. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I'm actually getting use to the minor cosmetic bugs. Take the 101 in Tees Valley with its glow in the dark red wipers, and the Santa Fe F7 with its white wiper blades and in turned mirrors. End of the day they are just cosmetic and don't distract me from the enjoyment that I get when driving them, and don't make a impact of the game play.

• Like Like x 2
  25. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I think there are enough "molehills" in the game/routes so far to build a couple of mountains, though. :D It all adds up and at one point the camel's back is broken. And what might be minor for you might be different for someone else.

I mean, I did defend TSW2 when it was announced on Steam, and not gonna lie, I am interested in some of the routes and DLC for TSW3 and I do look forward to new announcements. But with all the other games and hobbies I spend money on, and seeing all the negative feedback here and on Steam that I can relate to, I don't really feel like spending money and time on yet another TSW game yet. If the expectations have to be set so low with regards to quality (with the occasional happy exception of course), then I'll wait until the sale price is suitably low enough, as well. Unfortunate, but it is the situation Dovetail has "dug" itself into, for me.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I believe it's DTGs financial year end at the end of March, so no wonder they are rushing to release everything piece of content they can, finished or not. Got to make the figures look good!

• Like Like x 1
  27. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi josuesleyer , could you provide context to go with these images, please?
    • Where were you when you noticed the empty cab?
    • What time was on the in-game clock?
    • What service/scenario was this observed in? (name + start time)
    As for the wiper, it is unclear what you are trying to show us without context. If you have TAA enabled, you might notice temporal artefacts (ghosting) when an object moves across the screen. This is inherent to how TAA works in the Unreal Engine and many other games.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  28. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I thought windscreen wipers were supposed to have bugs. The ones on my car certainly do ☺️

• Like Like x 6
  29. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I wish to register a complaint about that low quality bug report.

• Like Like x 1
  30. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

DTG-Chris you can see it here. It's very noticeable, as it's directly in your line of sight.
    I'm surprised that this wasn't seen in testing?
    Untitled-1.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Having seen the wiper blade in motion, it's easier to see the connecting arm isn't animating correctly. However, a please include captions with images, wherever possible. We will now ensure that the team are made aware of this issue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

I haven't buy any new dlc route starting back from Birmingham, Im so disappointed with quality (bugged and not fixed like NEC) and subject (another UK emu...). But hope dies last. ;)