Train Sim World 3 Amtrak Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PortlandAreaRailfan, Mar 9, 2023.

Tags:
  1. PortlandAreaRailfan

PortlandAreaRailfan Member

So basically a expansion pack that includes alot of amtrak equipment. What could be included is:

P42DC
    P32AC-DM (can also layer onto HAR)
    Superliner II Sleeper (both variants)
    Superliner II Coach
    Superliner II Lounge
    Superliner II Dinner
    Viewliner II Sleeper
    Viewliner II Crew Dorm
    Viewliner II Baggage
    Viewliner II Dinner
    Amfleet II Coach
    Amfleet II Cafe

This could layer onto many routes including most freight routes and NYT. probably could be AI on BPE. Probably for a price of around 25$ USD and its home route could probably be NYT as most of this equipment you would find running in the new york area with the exception of superliners. Though this could just be working with only the base game and it would work with all the routes that use atleast one part of this equipment irl

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

If you even think DTG could offer all of this for $25 USD (The Acela is $22) I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Add a Siemens ALC-42 Charger and P32-8BWH.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Separately as their own dlc, not together

5. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

I like the thought, but this would have to be multiple packs to be more sensible.

A P42 with Superliners would probably be more likely, as this equipment regularly uses Cajon Pass.

An Amtrak P32 with Viewliners would only make sense if we had a Hudson Division route, and even then you're only seeing trains 48 and 49. A P42 could layer into Boston for 449 and 448, but again, it's only two trains a day. NY-Trenton could use Viewliner stock for the various LD trains that run out of NYP, but they'd have to bundle it with a loco for that route. I wouldn't be adverse to either an AEM-7 or HHP-8 (both of which exist in TSC), even though both are long gone now.

I would LOVE to see a Metro-North P32 and Maxi-Bomb set for Harlem, and even proposed it after Harlem released.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a Genesis for TSW yet, especially after Cajon was released. We've had them for years in TSC, so it's not like it's that difficult a body to model. They're also plenty abundant for now, so sampling audio shouldn't even be that much of an issue.

6. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Boy i need it so much... It's also called as Dash 8-32BWH or B32-8WH from what i know.

7. R3DWolf91

All three are correct terminology for the unit, all though most people just call them Dash-8s.

8. PortlandAreaRailfan

It is quite rare but they do run p42s into penn station. Also the p32s sometimes make their way out of the northeast. Also sometimes p32s can be on northeast regional trains

9. R3DWolf91

P32s rarely travel outside of the Albany crew base territory. On occasion they make their way to Chicago, Boston, and Canada but these are the exception not the rule. They're not exactly spring chickens and reliability for them is starting to get a little rough. The new paint jobs some received were cosmetic only. Albany really doesn't like to let them stray too far from the Hudson Division, nevermind out of New York State.

They are NEVER used on Northeast Regionals. They don't have the power, range or acceleration to run the service. Amtrak has enough electrics to run those trains. I have seen them do some odd jobs on the New Haven end of the corridor, most recently towing M8s through NYP for clearance testing, but that's about it.

P42s into Penn are extremely rare, they venture in on occasion for tow jobs and rescues, but again, this an exception and not the rule. They don't like it when the P32s have to mode change to diesel down there when they gap, they certainly don't like straight diesels going through there. There's a reason they keep an ACS on a siding down there.

10. PortlandAreaRailfan

Actually they do use p42s in normal service down there. Sometimes one may be on a northeast regional and then alot of times one gets stuck in the Hudson pool

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for Boston Providence P42DC is used for Twilight Shoreliner Night Owl Trains 65-67 due to the fact that power is shut off for routine Maintenance which causes those trains to be on P42DC

12. R3DWolf91

They do not. I live "down there", am friends with an engineer that works out of Rensselaer, and ride these trains regularly.

The P32s dominate the pool for third rail territory. Diesels are not supposed to be down there, period. Between FDNY fire code and the grades involved with the tubes on both rivers, they are a big no-no. Ballast and work trains are an exception, as are the times when P32s gap out or have a third rail failure. The last time P42s were in revenue service to the city were the GCT reroutes where they didn't have enough dual-modes to top and tail the trains and maintain regular service.

Any P42s running Regionals do so on the Virginia trains. Anything north of that that run off the corridor are on Springfield and Vermont trains.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct but P42DC must be used on Boston Providence when the Power is shut off to the overhead wires for routine maintenance when the Night owl service trains 65-67 are running

Otherwise these trains are Stuck in Boston and Providence due to wires being shut off

14. railfankke#7280

railfankke#7280 New Member

For the cardinal silver star meteor routes etc they should add the legitimate stations and P42DC locomotive because the route goes out of the nec

15. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Yup no diesels into the tunnel on either side of ny Penn ever.

• Like Like x 1
  16. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

It would be cool to see the P42DC and P32AC-DM. From my knowledge so far, for Metro North trains, P32AC-DM usually only runs in electric mode between GCT and Harlem-125th Street but north of that, they operate in diesel mode even though they are in third rail territory. If diesel is an issue though, they can run in revenue service but capped at 60mph while operating electric the rest of the way. I definitely agree, it would be cool to see a P32AC-DM layered in for the Harlem line in Metro North/New Haven livery.

Right, there have been services where P42DC's lead into Penn Station, but very rare. This can be caught when there are heavy snow storms along causing issues for the catenary along the NEC. In order to operate the P42DC into the West side tunnel/East River tunnel/Hudson River tubes, it's best to operate them at the lowest throttle to avoid all the diesel fumes.

If I am correct, back in summer 2018, MARC cab cars were leased to Metro North for a short time, while various Amtrak P32AC-DM's were retrofitted with hatch doors for the nose of the locomotive, similar to Metro North/New Haven P32AC-DM's. This was all due to the Spuyten Duyvil bridge work.

17. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

add the Aem-7 and HHP-8 even the E60MA

18. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

I'm pleased to tell you that it would be playable in BPE! There are overnight regionals sometimes run by diesel trains! I have been on one myself.