Niddertalbahn: Bad Vilbel-stockheim Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 17, 2023.

1. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Right everyone, like for Linke Rheinstrecke, any feedback would be appreciated, I'll tag Maik Goltz to pass any feedback back into the TSG team, I don't have any thoughts this time as I didn't tune into the stream but anyone that did, this thread is for you ;)

• Like Like x 4
  2. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

At the start of the stream, looked like the train was only halfway along the platform and way behind the H sign. Spawn bug?

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

My question is this if Niddertalbahn and Era 6-7 German route are owned which are RSN Bremen Riesa-Dresden and Werdau Chemnitz Dresden can the 365 sub wherever the 363 is like the Previous product the G6 does

4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Honestly, I’m in love with this route.
    Just for the sake of adding feedback, I think I saw one passenger at a station floating a bit in the air, which is completely excusable given the thin old platforms. Literally everything else looks perfect!

• Like Like x 7
  5. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Already can't wait to drive it :D, the route is so detailed. There is a few bugs but doesen't ruin it too much. This will certainly be a 1 day purchase for me.

• Like Like x 3
  6. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the fact that the level crossings can fail in timetable mode und you have to secure it manually. Finally we are starting to see random failures find their way into TSW! Way to go…

• Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. flyingpaul

flyingpaul Member

Congrats to TSG! From the stream, the route looks perfect! Random crossing fails in timetable mode, manual closing of the crossings in these cases, the atmosphere at night at the station looks perfect, wonderful scenery.
    The new benchmark for TSW routes. And sadly I would bet everything that no route will match this benchmark, until TSG makes a new one.
    (And sadly I can't support TSG by buying this route, as DTG put this route behind the paywall of TSW 3 ;))

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sounds like this will be my first actual Day One purchase from the new crop of routes, reservations about the 628 sound notwithstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Genuinely outstanding, almost looks like a different game. I hope this sells really well and causes DTG to take some inspiration from TSG's approach. No question this is a day one purchase for me.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

Looks great, will certainly buy! Only bug I saw was a car on the bridge near Bad Vilburg station - its shadow went straight through the bridge onto the ground below.

But, as always, for the night lighting: Buildings where EVERY SINGLE window is lit really hurt the sense of immersion for me, especially when they're next to buildings that are appropriately completely dark.
    123.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

From my understanding the G6 shouldn't really be in the BRO route. There are not many of them at all and nothing before 2010 on DB. They were all leased as far as I'm aware and in very limited numbers from around 2012.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Really great looking route! Love the views, the dense foliage and the scenery in overall. I think it's safe to say that this might be the prettiest route to date in TSW.
    At first I was afraid that the rolling stock sounds are really weak, but I think that was just up to the stream volume. In the 10 in 10 section, the sounds were loud and pretty good.

A few issues that I have spotted are:
    • A road overpass at either Stockheim or Bad-Vilbel (one of the end stations of the route) did not cast shadows, even though the roads going on it did, resulting in flying car shadows on the ground.
    • Floating passenger at one of the stations.
    • Sugarbeat texture in the freight cars is incredibly ugly, just a 2D textures. Would have preferred something a bit more detailed.
    • Some scenery buildings have overly clean and bright textures.
    But these issues would be low tier issues on any other TSW route, while on this one these are the only ones I have spotted. So great job on this route, I have a feeling this might be an early purchase.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. noir

noir Well-Known Member

Little bit of nitpicking:
    • At one point, 628 seemed to suffer from same problem as n-Wagen with only first car visibly opening doors until you move the camera around.
    • I believe the railroad crossing lights should flash alternately and not simultanously (unlike DR crossings).
    • In front of the crossing with permanent speed reduction were two protection signals, the first one showed Bü 0, but didn't have active magnet - not sure if that is correct or not.
    • Indusi in 365 does not trigger the "Acknowledge!" HUD element.
    • The freight service shown had really weird procedure for backing up to the siding - instead of usual shunting, train is ordered to leave the station behind the entry signal (and actually passes the sign saying "shunting forbidden beyond this point" along the way) and then reversing back through the entry signal. This sounds like so much unnecessary paperwork IRL, and technical annoyances in the track block control, as the train entering the block never arrived to the next station. It is possible (ie. for super long trains not fitting the station head), but unnecessary in this scenario.
    Otherwise, it looks absolutely stellar. One could cautiously hope that DTG will hide under bed crying that they cannot develop such good addon for their own simulator themselves, but sadly they didn't do that after similarly stellar even freeware maps came out for TSC.

But I certainly hope this addition will make players think twice who they will support with their money, so DTG will eventually have to invest something more than bare minimum effort to their addons.

Amazing job, Maik and your team!

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  14. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Superb effort from the team. My only reservation is the that the track looks a little basic texture-wise, the sleepers a little narrow and close together compared to the real thing. Otherwise very good, and a yardstick for future routes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, the track model looks a bit odd, but helped by the fact that grass is placed close to it.

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The only "problem" I noticed in the whole stream were these leaves clipping into the station name board at Höchst.

Hochst.jpg

Might be some other little issues, but I for sure did not notice them.
    Can't wait to get my hands on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Big big bonus points for accurately placing the models of the PIS units at the big stations! Even the non-working screens add so much to the immersion, don’t know why they didn’t add them to Left Rhine…

• Like Like x 13
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

so what should that be then on Wunderline Groningen Oldenburg Bremen? The 365 should fit here because there are only 16 years separating Wunderline Bremen Oldenburg Groningen from Niddertalbahn. Furthermore, its Sugar ES50 does pass through BRO if harvested around Emden for Shipment to Nordzucker Nordstemmen

19. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

This route is so comfy. It looks exceptional. Sections actually stand out from each other with the scenery differences. The sounds are awesome. And crossing failures?? I’m all in

• Like Like x 4
  20. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Honestly very impressed. I can’t find any real faults in anything that we’ve see so far. Really nice to include the sugar beat stuff as well, that alone makes the route feel retro.

I love the dense foliage, including all the grass and farmland that’s been added. There was one station where the bushes were right next to the train swaying in the wind and it just looked amazing. It’s been a long time since I purchased anything for TSW, but this might be day one for me.

excellent work by the TSG team.

• Like Like x 8
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Beautifully modeled scenery. Reminds me a little of the quality we had in Sand Patch Grade.

It seems that it might be worth getting Mainz - Koblenz for the inter - layering between the two routes. Is that the case?

I kind of scanned the stream. Did they do any night driving? If so, how did it look? The only thing I saw was station lighting. I might have missed something.

The only thing I noticed amiss was the apparently lowered pantograph on the electric loco as it moved off. Was I mistaken?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a shame about the motion blur on the wagon wheels not being up to the new standard because it stands out quite a bit. There isn’t really any other issues worth mentioning from watching the live stream up to the point I have watched. I’m obviously interested how it will look on PS5 which is an unknown at present so hopefully it isn’t too different from what we’ve already seen. It looks very much like a nice relaxing DLC to play and the quality looks very high.

• Like Like x 3
  23. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

They didn't drive at night, they just walked through a couple of stations and in my opinion the night lighting felt much better and more natural than what we have seen so far.

• Like Like x 4
  24. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

All I can say is that I love the route. Tsg really is really excellent.

25. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

The highlight of the stream imo was when they showed the route transition from fields to forest after crossing the river. I was absolutely blown away. So beautiful. I really wanted to see how it would look at night though….

• Like Like x 1
  26. Crosstie

It is odd and, for me, irritating, this reluctance from the streamers to show any night driving. Not the first time they've omitted this feature in a preview stream.. It's almost as if they're afraid to do it.

It's one of the most valuable, in a way essential factors in my decision to buy a route.

Showing station lighting is hardly the same thing.

27. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

In general, driving at night is avoided because it's typically less entertaining for the viewers who can see very little. That is in great part due to streaming compression, which crushes blacks and removes most of the detail in dark areas. Even if they did show off night-driving, it wouldn't be representative of what it looks like first-hand.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I wonder what is up with that? I mean I'm sure that if it was a newly made model, they would have simply used the new material for the wheels. So maybe these freight cars are somehow from the TSW2 era, they have been made once previously, but never used before? That's the only logical thing I can think of. Anyway, I would like it if they would fix it.

As for the night driving, I assume they themselves are fully aware how horrible the night driving experience is in TSW, so they simply don't bother. Obviously it's easier to not show it at all than to actually do something about it...

• Like Like x 2
  29. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

I'm very excited about this release, seems to be the most beautiful route so far, and TSG does have a bit of a trust bonus from my side.

I saw one small issue with a tree at 56:29, the root of it seems to be in the air.

5629.png

30. Crosstie

I think I have driven enough routes at night to know which of these is the right answer.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I have no quarrels driving LFR at night nor do I think Niddertalbahn will look bad in low light. Feel free to tell me otherwise when you get your hands on it.

Cheers

32. Crosstie

My point is that we shouldn't have to buy the route to find out if it's possible to drive it at night. It should always be part of the preview stream.

The one clue was when they drove through a tunnel and the view was totally dark. So we know that the locomotive does not provide any light to the path ahead.

Maybe somebody will try a night drive and " enlighten " me before I hit the buy button.

Or, better still, someone from TSG could post his night driving verdict on the forum?

• Like Like x 1
  33. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

If u watched the stream their said on it if i remember correctly that trains run to 9pm at night and thats it if im wrong i apoiloge but thats still night time if set it to winter time in timetable mode

34. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

The track looks really great. I'm really looking forward to the DLC.

And thank you TSG for implementing the old PIS:

[​IMG]

Why not on the Rhine Route DTG? Even without a function it looks so much better.

• Like Like x 6
  35. bidibul#3139

bidibul#3139 Active Member

It's been more than 6 months since I bought anything on TSW3, notament because of repetitive bugs and I don't care about DTG for its customers.
    But Mr I will buy this road the day of the exit, I will pay the full price.
    The quality pays off, you have done a magnificent route with lots of details, that's all I like.
    I prefer 40 km like that than 200 km / h "copy pasted" at 200 km / h

You will have my money for sure, 6 months that I haven't played on TSW3, you make me happy Mr.
    If DTG does the same then they will get my money back too.
    DTG take the time to do things and your customers will come back.

• Like Like x 4
  36. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

After watching the Stream yesterday evening i really have to say : this is the most beautiful route by a mile ! Its so much above DTG standard. Thats the love and attention to detail i am expecting, especially with the new price level (where i couldn't see an upgrade in quality so far). This however is absolutely fantastic to watch, the foliage and all the details are superb. The 628 looked fantastic aswell. Sounds might be not perfect but they are authentic at least. Good enough for me personally.

Even if its a small branch line, there are so many different services and even the opportunity for little freight duties.

Even so i didn't want to purchase any route day one anymore, mostly because the ridiculous price, i actually have to think twice not to get my hands on it day one. It looks that promising.

To all the guys at TSG, it looks like you have done a fantastic job (and again showed us what attention do details can do to a project like this).

• Like Like x 7
  37. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Fantastic Route.

My only nitpick is that the freight wagons don't have the TSW 3 radial wheel blur. I really wish this was a standard feature now.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  38. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

agree, should be now

• Like Like x 1
  39. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Only niggle I noticed were trees/bushes clipping into the cabs.
    Apart from that It is a day-one purchase for me.

40. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

My word,what amazing work they've done with the foliage, the new tree assets look stunning.

Fingers crossed those assets will be used in future routes.

• Like Like x 5
  41. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Quite funny that the only real bug is related to passengers, which are developed by DTG.....

42. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I noticed this today when checking the stream and since you've made a useful screenshot, I'll use it.
    upload_2023-3-19_16-13-19.png
    It's just a detail, but probably worth mentioning - IIRC this should be the unit number, in the case of the train Matt was driving it should show "628216". Other than that and a couple of seriously tiny problems for the first time since TSW3 was released I see a definitive DAY 1 DLC. Nicely done, more passionate projects like these!

• Like Like x 5
  43. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it be the train number (sorry, could only find German sources on it)? Essentially, every service in Germany has a distinct 'train number' clearly identifying it. For example: The service from Frankfurt (Main) Hbf to Saarbrücken Hbf leaving Frankfurt at 6:51 am on the line RE3 has the train number '29507'. That's what I assume, at least. If it was the unit number, I'd question why the check number at the end is omitted.

44. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That would still be wrong as it was service "7065".

• Like Like x 1
  45. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It depends. All TEE and most IC services had names, and these were marked on the cards; often both appeared on station departure boards. At least, this was the case in the early 70s. I don't know if less prestigious trains were listed by name, even when they had them. Lokalbahnen just got numbers, and n-Wagen typically only ran on the equivalent of RB and RE trains. and S-Bahn.

46. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I walked my mother in law's dog in the fields of Lindheim :)

47. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Morning, folks.

The timestamped preview is here:

And the 10in10 we showed is available here:

• Like Like x 3
  48. hyperlord

Ok watched the stream now finally :)

My one and only concern, which won't withhold me from getting the route immediately upon available at steam, is how will be the RailDriver implementation, especially when accerlerating. I'm worried already that this "pumping" (110, 103, 612, G6) wears down my unit in lightspeed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

No need for "pumping" with the 628, it just has different fahrstufen "throttle settings" 1-7 I believe. So this does not drive like 612 or G6.

For the 110 / 103 / G3 and 612 I personally use A+D for the throttle, while I do the rest with my RD (as always).

• Like Like x 1
  50. hyperlord

TKessel You made my day :)
    Nothing left to worry about anymore

• Like Like x 1