Loco Add On Bundle 2 - Out Tomorrow (21st March)!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Scott295, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  2. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Loco-Bundle:
    US: get modifications and new livery for SD70ACe
    UK: get modifications and new livery for Class 37, and new livery for Class 375
    DE: change colour of the stripe, and don't even finish scenarios, but promise to add one in a patch

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

SE White 375 too, that wasn’t in the original announcement was it? Very nice addition.

Also there is a sneaky little Thameslink DLC leak in there (see the PIS screen in the 47 screenshot).

SEHS is shaping up to be a very standout route.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

I wonder why they didn't include the price of the Pack or the individual loco on that article. Does the price is the same as the 1st Loco Bundle? Maybe someone from DTG can answer this. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

Meh, it's a no from me.

6. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

What's with the Class47 airhose?

7. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Didn't see this thread before I posted my own, but here's some feedback on the BNSF SD70ACe side of things
    Loco Bundle 2 - Bnsf Sd70ace Feedback | Dovetail Games Forums
    1) the Thundercab variant isn't allowed to lead BNSF crewed trains in reality, due to the cab rattle.
    2) the TOFC (Trailer on Flat Car) is a European trailer, not an American one.

Bottom line is, the SD70ACe pack is unrealistic entirely.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Class 700 leak confirmed???

• Like Like x 2
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Am interested in being able to drive SD70s on Cajon (always liked them better than the GEs). ROG 37, maybe. Nice to have additional traffic and services on SEHS, which is beginning to overtake BML as Best British Route.

ICE with different stripe- they HAVE to be kidding! Seriously? They want us to pay money for that?

• Like Like x 3
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Only the UK pack adds any services into the relevant timetable? Am I reading that right? BNSF *may* get additional services added to the timetable at some point in the future and the ICE1 *should* get a 3rd scenario in the next few weeks, but no mention of anything added to the timetable?

• Like Like x 2
  11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Fortunately I only care about the UK stuff, but given what you’ve highlighted & the DLC schedule lately, I think DTG is flapping around for an end of FY cash injection.

DTG - If you haven’t finished 2 thirds of a DLC, why are you releasing it?

• Like Like x 5
  12. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The white 375 was in the roadmap. It was mentioned in the paragraph

13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The sd70ace also brings brand new freight wagons.

The 37 gets brand new services too.

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The only thing that excites me about this pack is that a screenshot for the pack confirms the Thameslink Class 700 is coming.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

The class 37 is something that can be layered into future routes and it will be nice to have the SD70 on Cajon Pass at last. My interest in the ICE stripes is minimal but overall it looks like it will be a good pack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lux#4689

oh, if you look very closely, you can see the Class 700 in that screenshot on the left ;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. lux#4689

A pity, the German stuff is only getting some different coloured stripes. Why not also add a BR 403 with red stripe, or mostly "Der kleine ICE", which would add a bit more variety. But that part of the bundle is not even 5min of work (+scenarios, which 1 is not working, and needs to be redone completely)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Their year end is 31st March, so looks like they are trying to release everything and anything that's even half finished, to make to the year end accounts look good.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Pricing is same as Loco Add-on Bundle 1 (£11.99/$13.99/Euro13.99 for the bundle, £4.99/$5.99/Euro5.99 for individuals).

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  20. Suryaaji#2369

Thanks for the quick response, JD!

21. redrev1917

Given that only 8/9 scenarios are finished, how about I pay £10.65 now and I promise I'll be paying the balance in the coming weeks? Or does it only work 1 way?

NB this is tongue in cheek and I actually think £12.00 is a fair price for whats included. Less so if you wanted to pay £5.00 for the ICE stripes

• Like Like x 6
  22. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This looks interesting if your into UK equipment(New couplers) which could be usefull.

23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

That's a fair comment. I know you mention it's tongue-in-cheek, but understand if some players might want to wait for that post-release patch if they're only interested in German content, for instance.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AidenExt

AidenExt New Member

The wheels of Class 37/7 800 loco (second pic in the article) doesn't looks like it's on the rails and same can be seen for the right Class 37/7 loco in third picture of article.

25. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

There are so many good ideas for recycling German Locos. For example A BR 182 with IC Waggon or a BR 143 with N-Wagen and what do we get colorful Stripes.

• Like Like x 7
  26. theBrummieTSWDriver

theBrummieTSWDriver Active Member

Yippeee! some nice noisy, dirty diesels to play with. Happy daze! :love:

27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve deleted my long rant before posting. Replaced it with this…

Nice article outlining exactly how little effort has gone into some of the content. The beta testers saying it would be a good idea to use the new stock in the timetable on Cajon. Well done those people. We can’t have just the UK route getting something meaningful with actual services that comes with the new stuff, and a new DLC teased in the screenshots. I’m not even mentioning the stripes DLC and the unfinished release of that as well. Friday afternoon quality. Add these on to the rushed and unfinished UP heritage liveries and NYT timetable.

The quantity of DLC released will look good for the end of year report. We’ll remember this month as the one DTG cemented their reputation of releasing unfinished stuff in fantastic style. They even admit it in their articles now. Big round of applause.

• Like Like x 19
  28. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Guess i need to save my money for it then, cross the fingers for a BML layer and If there isnt warm up scenarioplanner :D

• Like Like x 1
  29. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Good that the parts of the DLC can be separate again.
    As I don't own TVL or WCL the Class 37 interests me and the 'new' 375 livery is also quite nice - and SEHS can't get busy enough ;)
    Regarding the german content I must admit I couldn't care less about the ICE liveries as I find them awful IRL. The only way to persuade me of those would be if they added gameplay to some routes where ICEs are still missing - HHR, HMA (the ICE 1! Desperately!), RRO, MSB, RSN (AI of course on those) - maybe that's something for the future although I heavily doubt TSW2020 routes will ever be worked on again.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Suryaaji#2369

Tbh, this is pretty well summarized the situation.

• Like Like x 2
  31. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the ROG 37! Hoping it has way better clag on it than the current 37's we've got!

• Like Like x 1
  32. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think I'll get the UK pack. Two new liveries, one of which is a quite intense rework of an older loco, with new and interesting services seems worth the money. The US pack won't be for me as I don't own Cajon Pass and don't really have any interest in US freight. The German pack isn't really a good deal. Two stripe changes and two scenarios isn't really enough for me, especially as I'm not that interested in scenarios, but perhaps I'll pick it up on a sale in the future when it's heavily discounted. I would have hoped for something better for Germany though, this is really basically nothing even though I like the liveries. I don't know what could have been better for that route either though. Reworking the ICE 1 into an ICE 2 is too much work for such a pack, and we don't need another freight loco DLC for that route either as we have plenty of layers. A BR 152 could work, but would be a new loco from the ground up.

• Like Like x 2
  33. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the UK pack and will pick it up on day one. I can understand why German and to a lesser extent US fans might feel cheesed off though.

The Railbow doesn't half feel like Oblivion's Horse Armor all over again (for those that are old enough to understand the reference), although at least the Horse Armor was only $2.49...

• Like Like x 3
  34. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I hope that when this month of madness with DTG trying their best to dig into our poor wallets is over, they will come to their senses and release patches fixing all the broken things they have hastily released.

• Like Like x 12
  35. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

At least your horse looked really bad-ass, though.

36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's time for some new stuff (possible Class 700 notwithstanding) not more recycling and reskinning. How about a retro electric pack as I mentioned elsewhere, as otherwise does it really matter what colour the 375 or Class 37 is painted in, if you're driving from the cab?!

• Like Like x 3
  37. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Where are you looking?!

38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yes.

39. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

IMG_8507.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  40. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I love it when people put their own spin on things. It doesn't say anything about not finishing a scenario. It states

"One of the scenarios for the ICE1 wasn’t operating as intended, so we’ve removed it and are working on a new one. This will mean that, at launch, the German element of the pack will have two scenarios, with the third to be added in this post-launch update"

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

In the screenshot of the class 47 in the article, there is a Thameslink service listed on the PIS board.

Also in discord they found the 700 in one of the screenshots - you can find that in the class 700 leak thread.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

43. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

What I have learned is that timetable additions are the most important factors with these packs for me. The class 37 from ROG is valuable to me because it adds additional and unique services to the game, where as the ICEs don't add new services. I think that if the ICEs added some really interesting and unique services aswell, I might have been more inclined to buy that one aswell. Same goes for the RHTT, it adds services, making it very interesting to me.

• Like Like x 7
  44. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Are they really releasing the pack with one out of three ICE scenarios not working and the new BNFS SD70ACe freight cars not having timetable services? Are they playing a "let's see how unfinished we can release stuff" challenge or something? This is ridiculous, lol.

• Like Like x 12
  45. redrev1917

The replacement scenario isnt finished, how on earth is saying the DLC isnt finished putting your own spin on things? Sorry but you are trying to defend the indefendishable.

• Like Like x 6
  46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Honest question - do you think the pricing is fair on the UK vs. German side of the DLC?

Modified loco model with all new livery + EMU with brand new livery and interior color + 3 scenarios + 10 services
    VS.
    Two EMUs with only changed stripes on the outside (on ICE1 only the power cars), two scenarios at launch (3rd coming, yes) and no extra services

Does this seem like equal value for money? And if UP Heritage Pack is anything to go by, we can probably expect to meet an immersion breaking duplicate of the rainbow ICE3 even though it is one of a kind.

• Like Like x 10
  47. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

As I said already after the Roadmap announcement, this loco pack certainly has its ups and downs!
    • UP: The British portion of the pack! The completely revamped variant of the Class 37 is included, along with a new variant of the 375, new services and scenarios. There’s honestly lots of value in this pack, revamped versions of existing locos have been sold for much more before (see the Class 313 DLC, for example). The white 375 is also such a unique thing and fits the 37 perfectly. Overall, cool addition to the route… much better than just a new freight loco or something like that.
    • DOWN: The German portion. I completely understand the high price to be consistent with the other elements of the loco bundle, but it’s frankly ridiculous for two very very minor reskins and scenarios. Even the TSW2 new journeys packs, which sell for much cheaper, have better value (either complete reskins and/or revamped timetables).
    I’m not a freight guy, so not interested in the American portion of the pack. In the end, it would probably be more cost-effective for me to pick up just the British part of the pack separately. I can’t stress just how cool it is with the 37 and the white 375… such a genius addition.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  48. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

IMHO, the loco pack content only makes sense if you buy it as a pack and DTG actually improves the CJP timetable with the new trailer and centerbeam freight. The UK content on its own is also not a bad deal, but everything else is not worth buying as a standalone DLC.

All of the above only if there are no really bad bugs. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

I will wait a few weeks and see what happens before I buy.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind, the new journies pack gave germany a new train while the UK got a reskinned 73 stock Bakerloo train.

Sometimes one side doesn't get the shiny thing

• Like Like x 3
  50. lux#4689

"new train"? They just took the train from Munich-Augsburg, and slapped other logos on it. (Interior is wrong for SKA, and still Munich inscriptions on it up to today)
    so similar to Bakerloo, except less work.
    The better thing was, the new upgraded timetable, that came with it.

• Like Like x 7