Errors In Books.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by steamfan#1309, Nov 30, 2021.

1. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

For errors in books, movies, and anything we find about well anything.

2. steamfan#1309

IMG_20211130_155406026.jpg There is a problem with this caption. It states this is a PASSENGER train. Last time I checked there should be at least one passenger car to be considered a passenger train. This can be found in a book called North American Locomotives - A Railroad by Railroad Photohistory by: Brian Soloman

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  3. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Per Fine Ounce. The James Bond book that also isn't a James Bond book*, is so riddled with errors. I lost count on the number of spelling errors. We are also told things, which are then contradicted 2-3 sentences later. I have never read a less edited book. Which is a pity, as it wasn't a bad book.

*The original manuscript was a James Bond book, but it ultimately was denied publication. It sat gathering dust for some 40 years or thereabouts, before being gutted of anything related to Bond, and published.

4. steamfan#1309

Interesting.

5. TheCadManFan

It's one of the most obscure parts of the Bond legacy.

6. steamfan#1309

That's why it's interesting to me.

7. TheCadManFan

It sits in a wired place amongst the books. Obscure, but not imfamous in the way that The Killing Zone (a 1985 bootleg Bond book, where Bond dies at the end) is. Try as I might, I have yet to acquire a copy of The Killing Zone. The author, who had a string of criminal charges to his name (amongst others: attempted assassination), self published the book.

8. TheCadManFan

As it's been in the news lately, first with Roald Dahl, and then with Ian Fleming, where does everyone stand on censorship in books? I am dead against it, unless the alterations are approved by the author.

I recently got my hands on a copy of one of the Bulldog Drummond books, and I am curious to see just how blunt the language is (though this isn't why I bought it, I have been planning to try them out for some time as they were an inspiration on Ian Fleming). Mine is one of the newer editions, so it has likely been censored already.

• Like Like x 1