Thamelink Class 700 On Bml Petition

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CrAzZyKiLLa, Mar 20, 2023.

1. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

So for those not following other threads, we have had recent leaks & teases about the Class 700 loco DLC. This was further confirmed today in the loco bundle 2 screenshots here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/lab2-out-now

TSW3LAB208.jpg image2.png image.png

Now we know the 700 will fit on SEHS somehow but another route it runs on is London Commuter/BML, we know from discussions with Matt in the past and on stream that currently due to the already large timetable and performance issues on the route, it's unlikely a 700 or any other loco DLC will be possible for the route. Even though we do have a gap left for it for the class 700 services.

Now with what looks like the Class 700 approaching soon, it would be a shame to not see it make its way to BML at some point, even just for Gen9 as we already know gen8 cannot handle and does not have any layers presently.

Therefore, I make this thread more of a petition to suggest to DTG to release a gen9 class 700 layer for BML or at least have a major push at fixing the performance issues for BML now that it will be available. Hope that if enough people really want it and ask for it more resources could be put into this. (Even better if it actually is a thing and we just don't know yet, but my money is on SEHS only presently)

Add your thoughts and wishes below...

• Like Like x 53
  2. KCRCRailway

KCRCRailway Active Member

I think the 8-car doesnt run regularly on BML, but will be interesting as pressure test to see if the game can hold up to have them running ECS to 3 Bridge Depot, if they can work then maybe that pave the way for the 12-car that can be done on route like MMLS?

• Like Like x 2
  3. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I don't really like Brighton Mainline anymore, but I think if it got a 700 layer, I'd definitely play it again.

However I doubt it would ever happen, with the amount of optimization work BML needs.

• Like Like x 6
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I support this 110%

• Like Like x 3
  5. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

100% agree - this needs to be on BML too, even if it's just layered in for Gen9 and PC. It would be entirely inexcusable to not include it.

Apart from being longer, the 12-car has only one real difference with incredibly minor modeling changes (wheelchair accessibility to a TSO carriage), so to release the 700/1 as a separate loco DLC would really be incredibly churlish, and not including it ever doesn't really bear thinking about.

• Like Like x 8
  6. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Perhaps the already busy timetable will never be able to handle it, with already issues with stuck trains, red lights etc. However, it then begs to question, will we ever see large and busy routes in TSW like we did in TSC. If not then TSW may have already reached it's peak which would be a shame.

Either way, I am looking forward to this loco as a great addition to SEHS and possible future routes.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would like a 700 layer on BML only if it doesn’t make the route into a slideshow. I still play it regularly and much prefer it to SEHS which I find a bit boring most of the time. BML is the best UK route by far and if it can handle a new later of 700s then it would only elevate it further.

• Like Like x 7
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Correct. 8 car 700s run roughly only 10-20% of Thameslink services on the BML.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Don't see it happening without a massive overhaul of the timetable.

And personally I would rather see some suburban units added if anything before the 700 (or even better the classic EMU's/DEMU's).

• Like Like x 3
  10. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

100% agree - this needs to be on BML too, even if it's just layered in for Gen9 and PC. It would be a very bad idea if not included. i would take the 8 car variant if it means this would be the only way that it would work on the BML

• Like Like x 8
  11. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Fully support this.

Half hourly service from Dartford to Rainham doesn't compare with the 8+ additional peak services between Brighton and East Croydon (some starting along the route). The increased service patterns and stations such as Balcombe, Horley, Salfords and Earlswood finally getting a proper service.

Seems a wasted opportunity especially as a 700/0 has very little difference to a 700/1 so if it isn't included on the BML it won't ever be included or so it seems.

If it is included it would be lovely to have the 24 hour timetables feature brought to this route with night ECS runs added. Along with TSW3 features as Boston Sprinter got.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  12. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

You can never have too many 700's of all classes and upwards!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

BML needs the 700. I'd be fine with the 8-car version instead of the usual 12-car if that's the only way we're getting the 700 on it.

• Like Like x 7
  14. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

a 700 on BML with a horsham loop or London Bridge/Blackfriars loop would make BML the best route on train sim world by a long shot

• Like Like x 13
  15. pessitheghost

The thameslink 700s were already planned to be in the original timetable but taken out due to memory issues

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

BML needs the 700. Simple as that. It needs it far more than SEHS.

The PS4 and Xbox One are a decade old now. I know a lot of people still play on those consoles but for the sake of the game I think they need to accept that some features of the game may not be able to appear on both generations. I think the attitude of "if these players can't use it then no one can" is a bad one.

• Like Like x 11
  17. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

A 700 on the best route in the game? Count me in.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Sign me up! BML is still a fantastic iconic route which deserves a 12 car 700.
    I’d definitely pay good money for a combined 700/0 + 700/1 pack which layers on to both SEHS and BML.

• Like Like x 9
  19. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the performance issues are mainly around Victoria, where these obviously wouldn’t go. They could also take out the fictional SE diversions to save performance (be nice to leave a few in just for fun). You’d think nextgen consoles would be able to manage. I’m also hoping for EMR 158s at Clapham Jn

• Like Like x 7
  20. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

I dont think a petition will have a use given the long term support of dlcs we have seen so far. I dont understand why they even ruled out the possibility of having a 700 on bml. I thought gen 8 already has a smaller timetable than gen9 and pc…

• Like Like x 1
  21. pessitheghost

next petition should be a SEHS-ECW-BML megamerge

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Where do I sign for that? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

SEHS doesn't go anywhere close to the ECW or the BML so you'll be waiting a long time for that to happen.

24. pessitheghost

the ECW irl runs to ashford which happens to be where SEHS runs to… and a SEHS would just need an extension into victoria

• Like Like x 2
  25. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

700 and TOD4 on BML, please.

Honestly pretty disappointing if not- this will be the 4th (!) loco DLC for SEHS, plus the extension

All of which i love, don't get me wrong, but NOTHING for BML since launch is baffling to me.

• Like Like x 5
  26. pessitheghost

BML is surely one of the best selling routes on TSW3, for it to get no love is appalling

• Like Like x 5
  27. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Agreed, 700 for BML is a must- but my favoured way to introduce it is for a full route optimisation a la SEHS or Sherman (I think that’s the one) even if we have to wait a good while first.

• Like Like x 3
  28. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Probably an unpopular opinion I'd even accept a modified reduced original timetable if it meant I could run the 700 here.

Stripe out 200 original services and give us 200 class 700 runs, surely that would work?

29. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

I 100% agree that the 700 should be added to BML since there is already a slot in the timetable for it and the 700 would add alot more verity in the route and make the route even more busy plus the depot at Three Bridges can get use with the 700s

• Like Like x 4
  30. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

I don't think the timetable is the problem as there is already space allocated for the 700. The problem is getting the game to render another different model. Remember 10 different locos (or individual different carriages) takes a lot more resources than 10 copies of 1 loco. It's still 10 trains taking up 10 services but the 10 different units are putting more strain on the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Let's hope it comes for SEHS but gets layered on BML at least for 9th gen / PC as well. It probably would be the first loco DLC ever to feature more than one route at release (?) but we all have to start somewhere... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  32. redrev1917

Take the unrealistic HST layer out then if that's helps?

• Like Like x 6
  33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This would be my suggestion, but also, the 700 services leave the route at East Croydon, so they skip the busiest part of the route.

Considering that it’s also a 700/0, I’d be happy for it to only get the services it runs IRL, but have some sat at Three Bridges TMD.

• Like Like x 1
  34. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

i’d rather they fixed the scenery on BML first

35. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't work on BML. Especially on old gen consoles. Unless the worked stopped for ps4, which I'm hopeful for

36. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

So excited for the Class 700! :love: Just really hope to see this on London Commuter though as the Class 700 absolutely HAS come to London Commuter at some point regardless, even if just Gen 9 initially. While the 700 would be a very welcome addition to SEHS, it's the BML which is its proper home route and would seem very odd to have a 700 finally in TSW without it actually being there. :|

If memory etc is indeed a factor for London Commuter, then, please DTG, the 700/0 for all Thameslink services would absolutely suffice. I still remain optimistic though as the /0 does serve the BML. Moreover, the /0 on its own as an initial loco DLC makes a lot more sense when considering for both SEHS and London Commuter than just a /1 - why? Because the /0 wouldn't feel out of place on either routes, whereas just a /1 on Rainham SEHS services would seem very out of place.

Moreover, I'd be very surprised if SEHS got another exclusive loco add-on in a very short space of time with the 700 considering the route just literally got an exclusive loco with the 37, plus an extra livery for the 375 (then don't forget the RHTT, and even the original SEHS in TSW 2 which had the 465 as a loco DLC) - so fingers crossed for London Commuter.

Imagine how epic it would be to have almost complete services in TSW from Brighton to Bedford and Cambridge or Three Bridges (from Horsham in reality) to Peterborough etc if ever a modern ECML and MML South route with a 700. :love:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  37. MAX1319

So on the BML if the include all thameslink services about how many timetables services would it add to the BML?

38. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Off peak, four trains per hour in each direction between East Croydon and Brighton, plus four between East Croydon and Three Bridges.

39. redrev1917

Strip out the SEHS trains on diversion services along with the HST and give us the 700s please. Would actually ease congestion at the northern end and so may help performance somewhat perhaps?

• Like Like x 5
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Do bears poop in the woods?

Yes. Yes. 100%. Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  41. redrev1917

Thinking about it, if DTG did remove any services in order to get the 700 in, there'd no doubt be uproar from segments of the community bemoaning that they can no longer run a 465 on BML and don't see why they are losing services and how it would be a cash grab by DTG forcing them to buy the 700.

To counter this and avoid the forums going into meltdown about losing 100 or so services out of 1500. I propose DTG do similar to what they did with the 313 DLC by copying the original timetable and then offering 2 versions. To owners of the 700.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. heliomass

heliomass Member

I'd love to see a rework of BML for TSW3 like they did for SEHS, perhaps with a branch up to London Bridge and some performance improvements so us gen8 console users don't miss out ;)

• Like Like x 1
  43. MAX1319

I think back in January is when the patched the fix for the stuck AI train for the BML. Joe also added the new freight services and added more freight AI that run multiple times an hour. Seems like ever 15 minutes by Clapham Junction

• Like Like x 3
  44. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

If we had to give up something then you’re right, the HST and then I’d even say potentially the 313 as I’m not even sure that’s in service I’m real life these days?

Personally though, I believe 9th gen will be able to handle the 700 without removing any trains. And I can’t wait!

• Like Like x 4
  45. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Well the route isn't set in 2023 and the 313s are only just starting to be withdrawn and are still in service in reduced numbers (a couple of units have recently gone to Eastleigh behind a 37 funnily enough). Having the 313 layers in and around Brighton on ECW and WCW is totally realistic and I think it definitely benefits the route. Wouldn't want to see them gotten rid of personally :)

• Like Like x 2
  46. Irish Train sim

Yeah, I get it. For me personally, I like the 313, I’d prefer the 700 though. I’d prefer for nothing to be removed though.

• Like Like x 3
  47. redrev1917

yeah the 313 needs to stay, the HST (AI Only and whilst not totally impossible in real life, Id imagine wouldnt be a regular occurrence), & 375/9 (25 playable services on a diverted service, (I think theres also some AI only around Redhill?) ) then the 465/9 (again AI only but do add to the immersion at Victoria) would be the ones I'd prefer (in that order) to lose if we had to lose any that is!!

• Like Like x 4
  48. Irish Train sim

You hardly ever see the 313 though, other than Brighton station and a few depot runs. I would like it to stay, like you’ve said but for me, wouldn’t be the end of the world as long as it were to be replaced by the 700.

Like I say though, would prefer to lose nothing and believe Gen 9 should be able to handle it.

49. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Yes, and Brighton would feel just as wrong without the 313s as without the 700s.

• Like Like x 7
  50. Irish Train sim

Exactly! but at least the 700 would provide more services and more immersion along the route.

• Like Like x 2