PC Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by eiamw, Jan 7, 2019.

1. eiamw

eiamw New Member

Hi,

I am new to train simulators (just got TSW as a Christmas present), so after a few days using it I have some initial questions.

1 - Is it possible to bypass Scenarios and Services and just select any train that I have on any route that I have and set my own departure, arrival and stopping stations? I have a flight simulator (FSX, not Steam version) and on that I can totally customise any flight and go anywhere in any aircraft in any kind of weather conditions. So I'd love to be able to do that in FSW or TR 2019 which I may also get.

2 - How do I travel as a passenger?

3 - How do I take screenshots.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Tony

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Hey,

1) This isnt currently possible in TSW. You only have the scenarios or the Service Mode timetable, so its programmed what train is doing which service. Free Roam is available in TS20XX though, so if you get that you should be able to take any train on any route.

2) Just spawn into a Station on foot, its the player icon in the Service Selection menu. You can run around and hop in any train that arrives and isnt going out of bounds. You can also spawn in a service and get into a passenger seat. After around 5 minutes the game asks if you want to abandon the service and the AI will take over so that you are a passenger from that point.

3) "Ctrl-F12" should capture a screenshot as far as i know

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Or F12 for Steam Screenshots

4. eiamw

eiamw New Member

Thanks for both replies. Unfortunately I was unable to test the solutions. I only installed TSW on 26/12/18, got an error a few days later, reinstalled, played it for another couple of days, but when I tried to run the game yesterday the error came back! Tech Support don't seem to have a solution but said my graphics card didn't meet minimum specs but at 2GB it actually does. I'm going to log the error as a new post with a screenshot, so maybe someone will know the solution, otherwise I'll be looking for a refund.