XBX/XBS Dialogue Audio Missing From Some Scenarios [solved]

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Boston#1309, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Boston#1309

Boston#1309 New Member

I have noticed now when I'm playing the scenarios they have subtitles but there isn't any audio. When I play Sand Patch this hasn't been an issue but all the other packs I tried Boston Sprinter Horseshoe Sherman Hill Harlem Line I see the subtitles but no audio. I have checked and all my audio settings are set to 100 and I can hear all the sound effects its just the dialogue not playing. Is this happening to anybody else or does anybody know anything about this? It is supposed to be like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Voiceovers are on training modules. The only scenarios I recall having voiceovers are the ones on Great Western Express (a very early route). It is normal to only have text on scenarios.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

With how often things can change like the text in scenarios or how they decide to implement the scenario, that means having to rerecord everything and making it match up each time a change is made which just becomes time consuming basically. Each cycle is fast so they can't keep on rerecording over and over again

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Boston#1309

Boston#1309 New Member

Fair enough I been around the community on and off for years but am now really into it so I didn't know if I missed something the devs said previously or if there was a bug. Appreciate the response

5. Boston#1309

Boston#1309 New Member

Thanks for the info sand patch seems to have it but it might be because the AI riding shotgun with you its responding to the dispatcher over the radio. Would be pretty cool if all the freight routes did that but I get why they have chosen not to