Where Is The Trenton Patch?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

DTG Matt Can you give any information on when the patches for Trenton will be coming? It's been a while.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Great question. I would have expected some of the fixes to be out by now. The glaring issue with the pantographs, some of the wonky signals.

And the worst one for me being the issues with acknowledging speed drops on the ACS-64 not working.

I find this route is still a fun run for the Acela but other than that I've somewhat parked it until fixes come.

• Like Like x 1
  3. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

Until the patch, I just run on the Trenton line without the safety systems on. I know it not an ideal situation but, it is better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's waiting for a release build, I assume... Right?

• Like Like x 9
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In that case, it could take 1,000 years.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

This one is a no buy until that patch is released.

• Like Like x 14
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Probably even after, given how many things are NOT going to be fixed. It's basically confirmed the horrible NY Penn stays...

• Like Like x 8
  8. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to play again until (if?) the patch is released. I haven't even bought any of the new DLC lately and I consider myself a collector that usually buys at release or close to it. I remember when we'd get one or two releases a month, but three to four in a couple weeks is a little overkill. No wonder "we don't have any time" for making more stable, correct, bug-free content.

Back in the MSTS days you'd get one to two add-ons per year from each developer. JustTrains released West Somerset a year after Severn Valley. Europeanbahn released the add-pack for London to Brighton (which had a !dozen! pieces of new rollingstock, not one new loco and a reskin of a coach) a year after London to Brighton. And if there were issues you had a patch within days, not weeks. To top it all off this was still during a time when most of us were on SLOW internet if not dial-up, there were no Zoom meetings, and we had to order discs from UKTrainsim or direct from the developer because we weren't willing to get eye-cancer from staring at the 500kbps download rate fluctuate on our 500lb CRT monitors.

We have truly gotten to a point where we have so much less quality over quantity, and I don't think we're going to see that resolve unless a)DTG SLOW down on their release schedule and focus on making and testing a better product, and/or b) More independent developers come on to the scene and get the freedom to develop at an appropriate pace; neither of these I see happening any time soon.

In the meantime I've gone back to playing TSC on the PC, and catching up on some Forza and Snowrunner on the Xbox.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's a no buy until it gets a proper timetable and fixes. If I want to drive in ghost town New York with weak scenery and wonky ATC, I already have LIRR.

• Like Like x 8
  10. summersy

summersy Active Member

Very good question, I was going to give it a month or so and post something up. Not to mention the long list of bugs in both trenton and boston, some which have been mentioned already, but I think one of the main ones is the fact the acela is undrivable using the cruise control in any other weather than bone dry. It's a joke to be quite honest.

• Like Like x 3
  11. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

This is basically the new state of TSW. You either accept the new normal or you walk away and await perhaps a new player to take over this space. In the meantime at least you have whatever collection you've already accumulated to enjoy.

• Like Like x 7
  12. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

In my opinion this route will remain as is.... forgotten with the LIRR

• Like Like x 6
  13. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

I would prefer they take the time to get it right and address all issues, especially with the signalling.

14. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Oh, I will wait to see what people say about the patch, especially Brandon, who has already said the route is a mess as far as signaling and safety systems go. The issues like Penn Station do not bother me as much as some people since I get these routes to drive the trains, not inspection the scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

Or turn your attention to Sim-Rail which is possibly the first Simulator out their which could bring DTG in danger, so I would say better to fix bugs and have a good product. This is why I'm happy DTG get's some competition now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

TGV Renaissance was a DLC released in 2018 on TSC with many bugs and every month they promised a fix, after 5 years they can’t patch a bloody pantograph at the wrong height so that’s the same path TSW is taking with less quality involved and you can still dream about any damn fix

• Like Like x 5
  17. TKessel

I really don't understand why they are not fixing stuff that is repeatedly wrong, either locos (which are used over and over again with the same errors) and have still standard problems with routes over and over again. The pile of problems is just getting bigger. For a short amount of time when they started revisiting older routes I really had the hopes that they are trying to meet a standard, but since TSW 3 is out...I don't know what is going on, pile of bugs and unfixed stuff ist just growing.

• Like Like x 7
  18. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The rating on the steam platform and the heated discussions before release convinced me to a strict no buy. Ill get it on a 70% sale whenever this will be. Not really have the impression of missing this peace of a shortcut anywhere in my collection.

Screenshot_20230322-174902_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-174545_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Back on Fallout 4 here. With all the DLC installed that's probably two or three months of gameplay there. I will be grabbing Niddertalbahn tomorrow, but only because it's TSG and hopefully not in the dire state the DTG and Rivet recent releases have been. And yes TSC is beckoning me - why spend £30 on the West Rhine route when I already have Koblenz to Frankfurt in TSC along with the 103.

• Like Like x 5
  20. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

That's another one I have to get back into. I finished the main story and Far Harbor, and started Automatron but didn't get far. I finally got 100% on Lego Skywalker Saga this weekend after owning it for a year. The new Jedi Fallen Order comes out soon too, so my better half is going to learn some new curse words, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  21. HappyGamings

HappyGamings Member

They need to do something about it, it feels like dead ghost town. £29.99 for this is crazy. Im still angry on myself for buying this garbatio

• Like Like x 3
  22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I jumped in at a 46% discount and for the £17 or so I spent on it, Im actually enjoying it. Hopefully the patch will improve things further.

• Like Like x 1
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Best to do Automatron first, then Far Harbor and finally Nuka World. However none should be attempted until you level up a bit and get some of the combat perks up.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Say something good about the game on the forum and someone from DTG will appear at lightning speed with a smile on their face. Ask an uncomfortable question and prepare for silence and ostracism.

• Like Like x 17
  25. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

DTG really ought to do better than a simple patch.
    An improved timetable surely has to be considered given player feedback.

D9677D79-4CD9-477E-B87D-F6D8A897B9AF.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  26. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

This route has so much potential yet fails so badly. If you let someone play this route without knowing it was based around New Jersey/New York, I’m sure given how little traffic there is, they wouldn’t have a clue.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

It's coming.......soon!
    For soon read 'an amount of time equivalent to the rate of erosion of most rocks'

• Like Like x 7
  28. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Oh, so I´m not the only one who noticed. I´m suspecting below is the induction video for every new DTG employee. Mandatory for those who have to face that ungrateful community anyway:

• Like Like x 7
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Place in chronological order:

a) The second coming of Elvis
    b) A new timetable for NYT
    c) The heat death of the universe

• Like Like x 12
  30. redrev1917

You may have b&c the wrong way round tbf

• Like Like x 5
  31. TKessel

Depends, I do have the feeling they one day want to be the company with the most negative steam reviews over all their products. At least it seems that with all the negative reviews we have for certain DLC's they are not interested in getting the reviews change into something better.

• Like Like x 2
  32. MAX1319

that's what I did. I run it with safety systems off. It's a ghost town but at least I grabbed is at 46% and gave my rating for it. Lets hope one day Joe has time and gives a BML,SEHS,Bakerloo make over

• Like Like x 1
  33. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Despite 32 pages and over 1,500 posts, mostly begging DTG to improve the timetable, they are unmoved.

The official response is and was: " We are not investigating the timetable for NYT. " (paraphrase).

What could have been the American equivalent of BML is just a wasted opportunity.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  34. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s quite frankly outrageous, but we are allowing them to treat us like this.

They’ll rue the day one of these days that they treated us so badly. I’ve said it a few times now, you can only kick a dog so many times before it gets the message and avoids you at all costs.

• Like Like x 11
  35. redrev1917

I think that's the most frustrating part of all this. The route has so much potential and is an iconic part of the US rail network and this is as good as it seems likely to get for the foreseeable

• Like Like x 4
  36. MAX1319

I had high hopes after the Harlem timetable that this would had been the US route that would at least had 450+ services. Instead we have an empty wasteland that only represents 20% of the NJT timetable……. Harlem beats this by far

• Like Like x 4
  37. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

For time table "issue", the weaner on this Forum are partly to blame, the developer would be less likely to do a time table with more service, if they would not have to make them manually, and use the auto-generated time table, however the weaner do not like it when it is auto-generated

PS Joe spent many of his personal time to create th London Commuter time table, or so I read on the Forum

38. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention the Peninsula update .

• Like Like x 4
  39. ctlee#2068

ctlee#2068 Active Member

It will announce the release of update on April Fool's Day.

• Like Like x 1
  40. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

That patch ain't coming..Remember they were proud of the so called "effort" they did for this route, AND they said they have no interest of fixing this route and as u could see other US passenger routes like the LIRR and so on.As far as asking for answers for fixes/ patches, they would only respond if it's only for UK and German routes, bottom line again, DTG doesn't care for the US passenger routes. Let it have been Southeastern High Speed, they respond quicker.

• Like Like x 3
  41. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If only.
    In my opinion, they have stuck a pin in older routes, "No more updates".
    Their focus is on:
    1. release new DLC (this is where the money is)
    2. after each release, wait for "beta testers" (the players) to submit a list of issues.
    3. fix some of the issues.
    4. move on (go to step 1)

If you ask about an old issue that has been around for a long time, they either don't respond at all, or DTG JD says "it's on the list".
    But the list is not on the roadmap, which means it will never be worked on.

• Like Like x 1
  42. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I was speaking to our Builds team about this yesterday. US content improvements are pencilled in for our next content patch.

For reference, the top-level details of what the patch contains are here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-roadmap-march-2023 (there might have been more added since then).

As mentioned several times, there aren't plans currently to add to the Trenton timetable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Any estimate on when that might be?

44. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Next month then they will say the next month approximately and so on, same music.

• Like Like x 5
  45. MAX1319

Yup. Good news is SEHS looks to keep getting updated timetables by the recent teasers which I'm looking forward to. Just wish the US content would get at least half of the treatment

46. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Not at this stage. Obviously, want it to come as soon as we can make it, as we're aware it's been longer than we'd have liked.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Aaaand duly removed from Steam wishlist. :(

• Like Like x 3
  48. the reason u not released it is because of all the DLC'S lets face it all us OG's know the truth so stop the petty stuff and release the patch

• Like Like x 1
  49. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This route looked quite ok at release, but I’m really happy I saved up for Niddertalbahn and (potentially) Midland Mainline now instead of buying NY-Trenton given all the shortcomings and relative lack of innovations it has.

• Like Like x 2
  50. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Unless you want an incomplete or a broken patch. Forcing them to release something that isn't ready yet isn't going to help anyone

• Like Like x 1