Features We Want In The Next Tsw Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pessitheghost, Mar 22, 2023.

1. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

What features (not routes) would you like to see in the next TSW game i’ll go first (portal junctions and 1440p 60fps for xbox series S/X)

• Like Like x 1
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

First: optimizing the game especially on PlayStation because on the PS5 I play games that eat up a lot of ressources and it’s fine but with TSW I feel like they just spend a couple of minutes trying to make it run acceptably on the PS5.
    Secondly: finally fixing many bugs such as red lights or stuttering and having constant 60fps

• Like Like x 3
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Id like them to get the chinks ironed out on existing features first. Such as in cab signaling on US freight routes.

But for me the biggest feature would be AI train delays and the knock on to your own service.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

A UE5 upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

- DX12
    - DLSS
    - The Editor :)
    - Scenario Planner 2.0
    - Livery Designer 2.0
    - USA Freight Car Substitution System Fixed (afterall, its only been broken since the Heavy Haul Beta, and removed with TSW2’s release except for on Oakville.)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I don't want tsw4. What i want is tsw3 to be properly sorted out. No more excuses, no more half arse dlcs, no more blindingly obvious bugs and glitches.

• Like Like x 19
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

UE 5
    Mergers
    International routes as one of the Base Game routes that meant Hollandstrecke Bochum/Duisburg-Utrecht Germany to the Netherlands or Wunderline Bremen Oldenburg Groningen fulfilling the whole BRO route now BGR.
    This train has the Dutch City of Groningen and Border Station Leer (Ostfriesland) as a destination
    Bremen Groningen

• Like Like x 2
  8. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

I'll echo the above comments on performance. Get it running smoothly across the board on consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not to be a paid upgrade but adopt the TSC model where the core is free but funded by DLC sales.

Bugs ironed out and a new policy of not releasing poorly finished content.

Steam physics sorted.

More classic and historical routes and traction.

Decent user scenario/timetable editor.

Core architecture to support network building and route extension via DLC.

Selective pricing for route content - shorter routes with one new train back to £25 max, something longer with two or more new trains (not reskins or re tasks) £35.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

More customizable HUD, including the option to make it smaller.

Quick Drive or an Off-the-rails mode for Service mode, so you can drive any loco on any route without the need to set up AI traffic manually.

• Like Like x 4
  11. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

A better game engine, get rid of all stutter, even the small ones, and stop the tree textures changing colour/shadow.

Those things seriously break the immersion.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

More attention to sounds and physics / features

More British routes, British diesel rolling stock. 2nd Gen DMUs, Class 50 etc

Complete revamp and overhaul of all the preservation stock way back to TSW1. New and improved sounds, updated physics, decent bogie run and brake rub sounds, diesel traction motors, turbo spools etc etc

• Like Like x 4
  13. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Guard to Driver buzzer / departure whistle
    AI Whistle
    Random TSR's (Timetable mode)
    workmen on Track (Timetable mode)
    Proper UK Speed Sign Font
    Slam door stock randomly opening and closing their doors, not all opening and closing at the same time
    automated sound announcements on stations and in train
    Much better Town & City lighting
    Scenario Designer 2, Livery Designer 2
    Being able to edit a timetable
    Consist Editor
    Bug Fixes
    Vastly reduced stuttering
    GSM-R as Standard (where applicable)
    Neutral sections as Standard (where applicable)

I'm sure I'll come back with many others

• Like Like x 2
  14. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Some amazing suggestions there. Particularly like the guard to driver buzzer, consist editor and reduced stuttering ideas.

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I want to be able to use the free camera while on foot, like I’m flying a drone, for train-spotting purposes.

16. vmeck

vmeck New Member

PSVR2 would be a gamechanger,...

17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well apart from better optimisation there would be quite a list

Selectable layers
    Consideration to merge routes
    More variety of different eras
    More new countries
    Longer Routes
    More networks
    Detailed steam period branch lines
    More attention to prototypical details and operations
    Routes having at least one logical start/end point so you can finish services properly

• Like Like x 3
  18. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Agree with all of this, particularly the route merging / network building and steam physics points.

Would also add selectable layers for those who want to take things out.

A general focus on filling out routes with the correct traction a bit quicker through loco DLC packs so we don't struggle with empty routes. This could also be achieved through the route merging point.

• Like Like x 4
  19. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Can I say I don't want another TSW game? Is that acceptable?

• Like Like x 4
  20. pessitheghost

i agree with this so much,

We also need more realistic track and OHLE

• Like Like x 1
  21. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It would stick to unreal engine. Moving to ue5 doesn't magically get rid of stutters either. Using a brand new engine would mean starting from scratch and you lose all your content which nobody would be happy with.

• Like Like x 3
  22. pessitheghost

another TSW game is needed unfortunately

23. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

According to players on xbox game pass, tsw3 is being removed later this year so it might mean something.

24. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

GamePass removals are only announced a month ahead. Anything else is pure speculation.
    Even if TSW3 is removed from GamePass, it doesn't mean I have to look forward to another paywall, which is what TSW4 would be.
    Same code, same bugs, new name, pay up please!
    PASS!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

No

• Like Like x 4
  26. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

I can't believe this, only DTGcould get away with selling the bug fixes, while not even fixing said bugs...

• Like Like x 3
  27. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd like for everyone on the dev team to complete a full play-through of Astro's Playroom on the PS5, then go back and apply what they've learned about feedback and interactivity. We're three generations in and there's not so much as a rumble through the controller. And any trophies or medals included should be achievable and work perfectly, faultlessly, every time.

• Like Like x 1
  28. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

- Scenario Planner 2.0
    - Less stutter in general/optimisation
    - Timetables that are busy, exciting and provide long-term gameplay. Also, the use of much existing content as possible: thus no unrealistic one-loco routes or empty large stations for routes which should be busier as per reality
    - Route mergers: London Commuter and ECW is the best example of what would be absolutely epic timetable-wise
    - More networks: I want to see more London/South East third-rail routes because of all the plethora of existing content means better timetables; there's a reason why London Commuter and SEHS have such epic timetables because of this
    - On the subject of the above, I'd also like to see just new routes (but without new rolling stock) in already existing areas to have more of a network for trains that already are in TSW
    - More loco DLCs, including livery updates
    - Existing routes to have a timetable update every few years as newer content comes to TSW. A few of the German routes are completely missing ICE services which is highly unrealistic, so would like to see this rectified. Also, some older routes like Munich or GWE need much busier timetables
    - Want to see a few more popular older routes get TOD 4 lighting and skies
    - For DTG to incorporate more player feedback, especially from regular players on these forums

• Like Like x 4
  29. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I want DTG to prove to me that they can get problematic routes like BML and SoS to run smoothly on TSW2/PS5 before I would even contemplate getting TSW3 despite wanting the newer routes (Like Birmingham and Glasgow/Edinburgh). Address the awful stuttering issues and maybe I can trust you enough to get TSW3.

Agreed.

• Like Like x 3
  30. pessitheghost

I would rather a new game so we can get everything we were promised at the original launch in 2017. Route Length, Mergers and Editors are a very big thing for me, one of the reasons why i still play train sim classic.

31. pessitheghost

UE5 and mergers are a very big thing

• Like Like x 1
  32. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct that's what it should be let's start off with a merged route HRR with Duisburg Oberhausen Utrecht common origin point is Köln Hbf & Duisburg Hbf

• Like Like x 1
  33. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

How about the Next TSW game is a free update/Upgrade

• Like Like x 3
  34. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd also prefer an update of TSW3 rather than a new TSW4. Regardless, this topic is a good indication of the kind of features we'd like to see.

• Like Like x 2
  35. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I don't count Optimization, because I think that's self-explanatory, that's something everyone wants. When it comes to Features, I would wish for things that make the Gameworld a little more alive.

For example, more Types of Passengers such as Children, Seniors, Dogs or People with physical disabilities.

And while we're on the Subject of Passengers, it would be nice if they didn't just stand on the Platform or sit in the Train like soulless Zombies. Give the poor People something to do like read a Newspaper or a Smartphone to watch

• Like Like x 1
  36. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

- New and improved 2D map with station and junction names.
    - Smaller HUD.
    - ETA
    - Improved main menu/dashboard, I find it way too cluttered and the grey box for choosing what you want is awful.
    - Having to pause the game to see what the upcoming gradient is, isn't great. This goes back to the HUD, maybe take TSC HUD and improve upon it..

37. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see downloadable PDF route maps.

Also Id love a working timetable downloadable for each service. This could be based off the standard timetable for station stops but with AI generated intermediate target timings and events such as being held at red signals for pathing.

Would add immensely to the immersion if I could have a 2nd screen up with a working timetable to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  38. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I don't want TSW4.
    I'd like TSW3 to be the best it can be, with consistency and quality DLCs, no more legacy problems (red light AI issues persist, steam is still not where it should be).

• Like Like x 4
  39. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

Re switching to a new engine like UE5: this won't automatically make everything better, and could negatively impact the title in terms of performance, especially if the team rely too much on blueprints. I think DTG need to get a grip on optimisation techniques with what they already have. But the DTG business model seems be more focused on getting routes out quickly to make money, which is understandable. I mean, have they patched in the missing river texture on the new route? Which should arguably be a small day 1 or 2 patch. If not (and let's look at other more serious bugs they still haven't fixed), then I would argue they don't have the resources to dedicate to switching to a new engine, nor to justify any significant reason to put in that work.

Take for example the project my brother has been working on. They started off in UE4. They didn't know if UE5 would get the go-ahead from the publisher, or if it was really worth the work, but they started building a UE5 test version alongside the UE4 version. But they have something I'm absolutely sure DTG don't have: more than 400 people from multiple studios working on the game.

He was just telling me only yesterday, the build is UE5.1. It looks and works great. Now there's another version of UE5 with fancier stuff under the hood. So are they going to switch to the new UE5 because of some clever new features? No, because as he put it, switching over from one version to the next (and it's only a point version difference, not like a UE5 to 6 update) would mean rewriting the entire game physics, and graphically it becomes even more resource intensive on the hardware even in that small version change. So it just isn't justifiable or viable for such little gain, and even potential loss (performance).

As a player, it's easy to see the shiny new tech demos online and say, "Wow! Every game must now use this engine!" As a developer, and publisher, the reality is different.

And I would still argue DTG aren't yet making the most of what they already have, whether that's due to technical ability or project planning limitations, or even both.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  40. pessitheghost

very good argument, DTG imo haven’t mastered UE4 just yet

• Like Like x 2
  41. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

All I want from this game if for them to stop making a cash grab out of it each year. I will not be happy if/when TSW4 is announced.

• Like Like x 5
  42. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

And making bugs worse with so called patches. The red light issue for example. That was fixed. Only some chump released a so called patch that not only brought the bug back, they made it worse! How is that even possible? Oh, wait, DTG Doesn't test anything prior to release.

• Like Like x 2
  43. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

No interest in tsw4 , 3 is only just released and I don't want to upgrade my pc.

Summer releases of kgx to pbo
    Moving diggers
    Better weather transistion
    More detailed environments

• Like Like x 5