Steam Cajon Pass Barstow Stuck

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

cajon pass barstow; right after the stupid must do box car things i get stuck with the loc not responding any more to the throttle after a first OK move when reversing. Get fed up again with this game, sorry ..

2. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

It would really help if you included as much information as you can with your report.
    Apart from the route, Cajon Pass, there's not much information provided.
    Please include:
    - what platform you are playing on? PS, XBox, PC/Steam, PC/Epic, PC/MS Store
    - what scenario or timetable service are you playing? If timetable, please include start time.
    - what steps lead to the problem?

With the above information, someone could try to replicate the problem you are experiencing. If it's an issue with the game, the problem would be reproducible by others, and this could help developers identify the issue.
    In many cases, we've seen players getting help from other players.

3. Jack O'Track

PC, Cajon Barstow Away, stuck after that obliged footwork freight car meddling.
    Got the loc to move, and stuck when trying to reverse a wee bit because of a wrongly set switch at the yard. thnx.

PS is there a way to skip that stupid on foot freight car meddling as really puts me off trying it again.. ?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  4. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Cajon Pass route has two training missions, six scenarios and 120 timetable services. That's a big haystack to look for your needle.
    Cannot help you, unless you tell me where to look.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jack O'Track

thanks, i'll check it later ...

6. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the scenario "Barstow-away"? In that scenario you'll encounter an (intentional) issue where one of the freight cars has its handbrake stuck on, making it very difficult to move around.

Though I realize you may be referring to the locomotive itself not responding to the throttle, which all I can think of is that you somehow turned off the generator field.

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

To skip it, don’t play anything through Journey Mode. Just select services from the Scenario and Timetable menus and miss that one out. This is general advice for all TSW routes. That way if there is a service you get stuck on you can just forget about it and move on to something else. This way nothing is obligatory to play, you get to choose what you do.

I’d recommend doing all the tutorials for Cajon Pass, including the ones in the route itself and the ones for the trains it includes in Training Center. It isn’t an easy route to master but it can be done if you spend the time learning to control the trains properly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jack O'Track

Found the stuck brake .... and nope, checked that ... I remember playing TombRaider a good few years ago, and if you could not find something, you could move on scoring lesser points.

9. rogeralb

rogeralb New Member

I think I am having the same problem. After I drop the faulty car off at the shop in Barstow-Away in Train World 3 and then uncouple the car, I cannot get the SD40-2 to move forward to the next objective. I have checked and tested all brakes, reverser, throttle, and other settings, but nothing happens. I am totally baffled. The amp gauge does not change when the throttle is activated.

I am using a PC on Steam.

I wish to conclude the scenario, it is interesting.

Any help will be appreciated.