PlayStation What They Should Add To The Game.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JDTRL Railway, Jul 22, 2018.

1. JDTRL Railway

JDTRL Railway New Member

comment in the reply what they should add to the game.

2. Scottish Train Girl

Scottish Train Girl Member

A better AI. The GWR is empty most of the time. Also routes such as Glasgow to Edinburgh and I hope we get to see longer routes and locos eventually too.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Omenanraato

Omenanraato Member

- Better drawing distance. It is horrible!
    - And zoom, because now I cant see dashboard text.
    - Lot more trains and scenarios.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

London/midland/Liverpool lines would be great.
    A great game by the way,the only small niggle I have is viewing the values on the next station distance marker. Other than that its great to have a console train sim. Not had a pc for years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Agree on the steam locos, Great grandad drove them, so I'd love that. They were quite good on Microsoft train sim.

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt also has said repeatedly he also loves steam and thinks they should be added too. But there is some work in order to get them working in TSW. Some point down the road we could see steam engines in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Pretty good so far though, I've yet to start freight.

8. Michael Newbury

I have had the PC version from the start and enjoying very much.

9. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

I miss the pc. Had loads of flight sim software. I was into that big time.
    I'm unaware of any flight Sims in the future for ps4, or ability to perform to that standard even.
    That's a bit of a dream really.

10. UKTony68

UKTony68 New Member

PSVR support would be amazing for this game. Sims of this type are perfect for virtual reality.

• Like Like x 3
  11. UKTony68

UKTony68 New Member

My first ever flight sim was on the ZX81! Very basic as you can imagine but really good fun.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Yes, I remember it.
    Mine was on the spectrum, many years later I bought a pc and modified it as far as I could, bought loads of add ons. Atc, lots of plane types. Very realistic nav computers and lots of other stuff.
    I think I still have the software but too many commitments to get a worthy pc.
    Brilliant really what you can do. Flew on a dreamliner last week and it got me thinking about it all :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. bleahy

bleahy New Member

I just got the PS4 version yesterday. I've played the PC version before with mouse.
    I'm having trouble with some of the controls because I don't quite understand the logic being used. For example, I move the cursor over a control, press X and a line appear with a couple of dots but I cannot seem to get it to do anything?
    I wish there was a manual that explained the basic principle of operation with a controller.
    In a similar vein are the diagrams of the controllers for walking/operating a loco/operating a turntable posted somewhere? Having to look at them on screen particularly with a complex background is really annoying.
    Finally, I can't read all the controls. Is there some way to zoom?

Thanks!

14. Michael Newbury

There is no zoom in and out on the console versions right now.

15. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

The track textures are too clean for me. Shopping bags, coffee cups, oil stains etc even if only in stations would be nice. More characters too- maybe people sitting on benches in stations with animations like being on the phone- audio of generic conversation sounds in stations, clouds that aren't caught in a jet stream whizzing across the sky but instead have a 3D look to them, haze and fog slider, and finally the traction/throttle fix rolled out for the 66, HST etc.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Being able to look behind from inside the cab would be good during shunting.

18. Ali nemer

Ali nemer New Member

they should turn on the scoreboard at the station

19. xD 2Bad4You

You can press and hold RS and in the menu select internal cameras and one of the head out of cab cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Shall take a look later. Many thanks !

21. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Thankyou. I noticed the more views options :D

22. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Proper passengers getting on and off. Try to be a bit more realistic with some things like departure boards which are non existent and there is oyster readers at reading for some reason lol

Apart from that, more train/commuter traffic, class 800s (i think, the newest rolling stock to the GWR family), more routes and diversity.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lord_Beelzebub

Lord_Beelzebub New Member

I don’t have the game, am thinking about getting it for PS4 as I don’t have a gaming PC, but from the live streams that Dovetail did at launch and other videos I’ve seen of people playing it, the game needs a lot.

The bulk of my play time is going to be in Service mode once I get familiar with the game and play the scenarios. So to keep my interest in a free play environment, there needs a large amount of supply and demand mechanics with a lot of commodities. I want to be able to take grain from a farm silo and deliver it to a bakery. Take oil to a gas refinery. Go pick up logs from a forestry and take them to a lumber mill. Pick up iron ore and take it to a steel plant, which turns the ore into steel where I can then take the steel to a manufacturing plant. These are just some examples but the list of commodities with supply and demand mechanics is pretty much endless. Along with a bunch of commodities, add to the game the rolling stock that would haul them.

Next thing I’d like to see is, make the world alive. In all the videos I’ve seen, other than a few people walking around at passenger stations, the world looks dead and abandoned. That completely takes away from the emersion. How about a few cars driving down the roads, maybe some people walking around. Smoke coming out of chimneys, a bird flying around every once in a while. How about at sunrise and sunset we hear crickets, frogs, birds chirping. I realize all these things take a hit on FPS, so if it can’t be done that’s ok, but if it can be, please add these types of things.

Add an echo to the train horn. I watched a video of a guy playing and sounding the locos horn from external view and when he stopped blowing the horn, the horn sound immediately stopped. That’s not how it sounds in real life. The sound lasts longer because it echoes and reverb.

As others have already mentioned, see if you can increase the draw distance for the tracks at least. That the main thing we’ll be looking at in cab view driving a train, looking forward at the tracks looking for signs and signals. If the draw distance is too short, it doesn’t look good at all. See if that can be increased.

Add more locomotives to the game. I would spend the majority of my time playing freight in Services mode and I live in the United States, so I’d like to see brands like Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific, Canadian National (CN). I realize adding these requires licensing, but if possible, would like to see these added. Also, add diesel Amtrak engines to the game. Living in the US, I’d say 95% of the Amtrak trains running over here are diesel, not electric.

Please add more American maps, scenarios, locos, rolling stock and commodities. Obviously with me living in the US my interest and fun in this game is going to be playing with game assets from where I live and can relate too. From the videos I’ve seen of this game so far, 80% of the content is European. I realize it’s a European game developer making this game, but if you want to appeal to other demographics of players, you need to add content they can relate to that makes the game fun for them. (One of the reasons why I’m holding off on buying this game is lack of American content. Maybe when Heavy Haul DLC comes out it will add more.)

Lastly, are the train physics realistic? I was watching a video where the person hooked his two CSX locos up to a long consist and when he put the throttle in notch 4, the train looked like it got up to speed way too fast for pulling that many cars. The train looked like it should have taken longer to get up to speed. That did not seem realistic or not the same from what I’ve seen in other train sim games.

Thanks for letting me leave feedback. It’s been a long time since I’ve played a train sim game since I no longer have a gaming PC. I’ve been hoping a game like this would come to console and to my surprise I see it has. My feedback here is in hopes to help make the game the best it can be.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Flyingdutchman

Flyingdutchman New Member

Like many have stated on this thread; I too would like the option to zoom in on gauges, switches etc.

Edit** Oh, definitely VR support. That would sell a lot of copies alone imo.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Metalalbert

Metalalbert New Member

Oh I would love to see some Scottish routes in this game. That would make the game even better :)

26. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

I would like to see York to Manchester routes added. what about some historic/heritage railways added e.g Kiethle y and worth valley railway,Dartmouth steam railway. They dont have to put steam trains in the game just yet because most heritage railways do have diesels running.

27. amtrakNR606

amtrakNR606 New Member

Locomotive and cars sway and bumps should be added. Tracks in real life aren't flat, and trains sway and bump up and down.

28. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I’d love to see the 80 Class Thumper and some Northern Ireland Railways (NIR)

29. ianace

ianace New Member

hello just got started on this game:

It is a great game, lots of detail, good graphics and real life locations.

This is what I think could be done to make it even better:

More Passengers some of the stations are almost empty.
    Some of the PlayStation symbols above the controls could do with being a bit bigger, having trouble seeing some of them.
    How about some steam as a extra option, you can have some famous engines.
    Such as flying Scotsman or Malard.

A great game!

• Like Like x 1
  30. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In the PC version, turning the mouse wheel zooms the current view -- is there no equivalent to that in the console versions?

• Like Like x 1
  31. xD 2Bad4You

No there is no equivalent on Consoles to that.

32. ianace

ianace New Member

Here is another idea, how about a body for your driver, looks about strange looking down at nothing!

• Like Like x 1
  33. Buffyslayer1969

Buffyslayer1969 New Member

Please can we have steam locos?

• Like Like x 1
  34. Michael Newbury

Steam locos are something that Matt has repeatedly said he would like added, but they take more work to get them working. So we will see them at sometime just do not when that will be.

35. joseph4850

joseph4850 New Member

Paddington Station should be busier with people, and trains because it doesn't reflect on real life paddington if there are no trains in the station on TSW at any one time.

36. joseph4850

joseph4850 New Member

I agree

37. Warper71

Warper71 New Member

They could add a pinch-zoom gesture on the Touchpad of the PS4 controller to adjust the camera FOV.
    Touchpad is not been used in any way by this game afaik.

• Like Like x 1
  38. xD 2Bad4You

They surely could add it to Console´s aswell, even without the touchpad.

It might be already in the game but not accessible with the regular way. We already can attach a keyboard to get additional functionality.
    Since i´m on xbox i dont know if the PS4 supports a Mouse native. If so, someone could try to attach one and use the mouse wheel to see if the game zoomes.

39. CrossEyedMary

CrossEyedMary New Member

I'm enjoying the West Somerset Railway, but it's crying out for more rolling stock.
    Services at the moment simply use copy-pasted 47s.
    The real WSR own two examples of both the Class 33 and Class 35 so if DTG were to create these then that would immediately provide four additional locos.
    Also, what about the Class 66? I realise that a Shed on a heritage railway might seem a little sacrilegious but everyone who owns the game already owns the loco and they do occasionally make an appearance during diesel galas.
    They could also be included in AI controlled trains running along the mainline at Norton Fitzwarren.
    Finally, the route could definitely do with some wagons to replace the Mk1s used in some of the shunting scenarios, and of course for demonstration freight trains.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

What should they add to the game?
    All of those beautiful engines and routes I'm watching on Dovetail's YouTube Channel.
    That's not asking for too much is it? LOL

Seriously, Thank you for bring this stunning and immersive sim to the PS4.
    It's a dream come true for me.

41. swampnone710

swampnone710 New Member

they really need to add more train traffic on the NEC. saying it's one of the busiest railroads and then only having one or two trains at penn station and having an empty sunnyside yard make no sense from a realistic standpoint. I have been sunnyside yard in person and every track is usually filled with locos and coaches. Think all the lines could use more traffic with more red light scenarios but it's a great start.

42. Zammy Martínez

Yh exactly, massive station with next to no atmosphere.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

They should have a virtual "manual" inside a compartment inside of each trains, which explains everything. I'm sure all trains have a reference guide specific to their type tucked along with the safety gear or something...Seems it would be an easy thing to do , would add immersion and would certainly help the player.

I got this game 2 days ago and I've never played anything like it before- I'm loving the realism and immersion and having alot fun playing but I'm also spending almost as much time searching online for things I need to know- Like a description of what each button and dial does would be nice.

I was playing the second scenario in New York and my train stalled somehow after I disconnected a load of cars at the station- Rather than restart the scenario I figured I would start the train- Doing so was very realistic and just amazing at how much detail wen into it down to getting in the engine compartment and priming it after setting everything up. It was awesome but took me over an hour to figure out exactly what train I was in and find instructions. It would have been awesome to just have a refernce book for everything inside of the cab so you can stay in that "world" when having to find something.

Its a great game and I'll probably be grabbing a DLC before the sale ends- But it seriously is more confusing than it has to be to pretty big margin. I'm figuring things out as I go and appreciate the depth but some 'quality of life' features would go a very long way here especially with this being on console now (which I appreciate because my PC cannot run this)

• Like Like x 3
  44. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Yep, I’ve said on more than one occasion, there needs to be a proper manual included somewhere in the game, you shouldn’t need to hunt the internet.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Although there should be a manual. It is quite rewarding, figuring a loco out for yourself.

46. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

The more I play this , the more I'm enjoying it.

to me, this is akin to having the most incredible model railroad I could dream of- And I think I would like the ability to paint and customize my train.

With all the XP we earn, we should be able to purchase different color schemes, decals and other cosmetics.

Also, it would be fantastic if we could use any of our trains in any of the areas- I bought RSN today and freaking love the DB BR 143- I love trains but admit total ignorance to European designs but that beautiful machine makes the Amtrak look like a wooden go-cart- Let me take that to NYC =P

Maybe those things are against the pure sim aspect but they are fun.

47. Zammy Martínez

Arsenal fan? Funny, coz my ps4 tag is goonertug lol, off topic i know

• Like Like x 1
  48. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Yep :love:

• Like Like x 1
  49. veetwotl

veetwotl New Member

map.jpg I'd like to see Australian Routes - The Ghan , Indian Paific , Grain Belt & Mining routes be nice as well
    Pacific National would be a good starting route

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  50. veetwotl

veetwotl New Member

atn-map.jpg

• Like Like x 2