Help & Advice Requested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by g3yti, Jan 13, 2019.

1. g3yti

g3yti New Member

Hi All,
    new to train sim so slowly getting my old head around TS2019, downloaded WCML Over shap along with Class 156 northern rail engine.
    ran ok at first but today was greeted by the following error message:-
    Consist builder "can't load rail vehicle class 390 A DMSO Virgin", this along with another 6 different virgin engines (I suppose)..... Scenario then failed to load.
    Anybody any idea's, Iv'e unticked the 156 in library then reticked it & steam re downloaded it but still will not work.
    Regards,
    Steve
    PS running 64 bit

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

This suggests that you're trying to use a scenario that requires the Class 390. Are you using any scenarios other than those provided for WCML over Shap?

This is the Virgin Class 390:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...olino_EMU/?snr=1_16_16_&curator_clanid=958135

It's an add-on for the WCML Trent Valley route.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/325954/Train_Simulator_WCML_Trent_Valley_Route_AddOn/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

BTW, try to wait for Steam's (almost) monthly sales before making additional purchases. You could perhaps add some items to your Steam wishlist for possible future purchase.

At least one of the above add-ons (WCML Trent Valley route) is available at 65% discount in DTG's Winter Encore Sale - but only until tomorrow, 14th January. The Virgin Class 390 has a 30% discount in the same sale.

https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/sale

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

While waiting for a sale can make sense I’m not sure they’re ‘(almost) monthly’. There’s a rash of them around the end of the year (Halloween, Black Friday and Winter) some of which are long and some of which are short but there generally tends to be less of them in the first part of the year.

There are sites that do a pretty good estimate of the next sale, the most popular of which is suggesting June 23rd as the next sale. Personally I’d expect something in the Spring. There are smaller sales from time to time but it will be a little hit and miss as to whether they contain anything you want.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

6. g3yti

g3yti New Member

Thanks for the reply chaps,
    well, when I purchased or rather when I was gong to purchase a " required addon " was required & this was the Class 156..so added that to the order
    Funny thing is it ran with this loco until I returned a few hours after & thats when it failed to launch the scenario with the error messages etc.
    Should I go & get the locos you mentioned ?? is that all there is to it?.
    Thanks Again for the advice
    Steve UK

7. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Steve, for which purchase was the Class 156 a required add-on?
    If you are going to add the Class 390 Pendolino, you will also require the associated route- WCML Trent Valley. Check both downloads in case they in turn require you to have other add-ons to enable you to use the Scenarios.
    I can understand WCML Trent Valley saying you don't have the Class 390, but not WCML over Shap. Could you confirm which of the two routes you already have?

8. g3yti

g3yti New Member

Hi Gordon 7000,
    Thanks for the reply. I have the WCML Over shap scenery ...maybe I should have d/loaded the virgin locos but it did say that the 156 would be required.. or maybe i mis read the instruction..will check
    cheers
    Steve

9. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There are two Pendolinos- could that be confusing things?

10. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

There's no requirement to have the Class 390 for WCML over Shap - so I'm a bit puzzled as to why you were getting the Consist Error message indicating that the Class 390 was missing. Could you let me know which Scenario you were trying to use when you got this error message?
    Thanks,
    Gordon

Note: if you were using a Steam Workshop scenario, rather than the scenarios provided with the WCML over Shap route, then it's possible that those Workshop scenarios will require additional stock for this route - such as the Virgin Class 390. Could you specify whether or not this was a Workshop scenario? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  11. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Yes, that's true - but I was checking only the Virgin Class 390 since that was the one specified in the consist builder error message. But neither should be required for WCML over Shap (as distinct from WCML Trent Valley).

12. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

I think I can see what's happened Steve. You said that you were required to download a Class 156 for your scenario. The Class 156 is not a required download for WCML over Shap if you're using the standard scenarios supplied with the WCML Shap route. However, It IS a required download if you're using some of the Steam Workshop scenarios for WCML Shap - along with some other additional assets, like the Class 390.

Assuming that you're trying to use one of these Steam Workshop scenarios for WCML over Shap, you'll need to download all the additional assets that the scenario provider says you'll need. These requirements are listed on the right hand side of the scenario download/subscription page. Just ensure that you download the EXACT version of extra stock that they specify. For example, of the two versions of Class 390 Pendolino available on Steam, which one do they require you to download for the WCML Shap scenario?
    If it's the Virgin Class 390, remember that this is a PRO version - and a bit more difficult to drive than a standard version, at least until you get the hang of it.

If you're still fairly new to TS2019, you might want to stay with the WCML Shap supplied scenarios initially - which don't require additional stock - and move onto the Steam Workshop scenarios later.

Let's know how you get on.

Gordon

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  13. g3yti

g3yti New Member

Hi Gordon,
    Yes very new to ts2019...played many years ago with MSTS but sort of lost interest. Just thought I would like to see how train sims have advanced over the years & once again was bitten by the bug!!.
    Right, ok I think I have it solved I have been trying to run the scenario from "standard" section... thats where it failed.
    Today ran it (by accident) from "quick drive" and everything worked !!!.
    point taken about your comments, it does appear to be a bit of a mine field purchasing scenarios etc until I get the hang of it.
    Many thanks Gordon & to All who responded to my "help" request, it was very kind of everyone to assist.
    Best wishes to All,
    Steve.

14. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Great to hear you've got it working in Quick Drive. QD is good for becoming familiar with the stock available. Once you've had a bit of practice there, you can move over to the Standard or Career scenarios. Don't forget to make use of the Academy for training purposes.

Get back to the forum any time you have questions or problems in the future.

Gordon (also ex MSTS !)

15. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Remember, Steve, you've got 16 scenarios already supplied with your WCML over Shap route. These will run without any problems, using existing stock. You don't need to download any additional stock to get them working.

Gordon