Out Now Niddertalbahn: Bad Vilbel – Stockheim, Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I have one problem with this route: the scenery is so wonderful I forget to focus on driving. As somebody else said, I keep making screenshots, even without trains.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is one route where I might actually take a walk lineside or even into the little towns or villages. (Once I finish slaying ghouls and super mutants in FO4 :) ).

• Like Like x 1
  3. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

Solved

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  4. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

On Series X I'm just playing for the first time and between Bad Vilbel and Gronau the FPS took some serious hits often into areas where it was noticeably choppy even with VRR on. It rarely went above 50 and dips below 40 were absolutely a thing.
    Going to do a full run of the route and then re-run the same service from the beginning to see how much better it does once it's had a chance to compile the shaders.

5. Princess Entrapta

Can I say just how much I love those sodium lamps on the platforms?

• Like Like x 3
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I do have to wonder why TSG made this gorgeous route, and then decided to make all of the first Journey chapter in the fog or in the dark, where you can't see any of it? (It's also rough on a new driver to make PZB-crucial signs very hard to spot).

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Also some of the first Journeys are from the 928 trailer car so you don’t get to hear much of the engine sound. I wonder if these sets ever ran in power twin configuration, i.e. two 628 cars together? Might have been needed for the steeply graded routes.

8. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

Yes, there was. ;)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB-Baureihe_628

9. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

That would be a BR629 then. They exist. But are bit different to a 628. Coupling together two 628 would work in TSW (just to mention it) but there will be visually problems then.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I have it on Steam - PC. When this happens, I verify my files. Go to Library/TSW 3/local files. And verify.
    Oh I’m not sure I remember right. When I get to my PC tomorrow, I’ll check. Anyone else who can help me with a proper answer?

11. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

No spoilers, please.......I want to be surprised. :D

Cheerz. Steve.

12. Princess Entrapta

The scenarios REALLY make me wish for a more detailed scenario editor where we can add dispatcher dialogue, modify weather along the way, and the like. I love the creativity.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I can not stop playing the route! I dare say it’s one the best German routes in TSW. The scenarios are very interesting to play, especially the Glimpse Into The Future scenario. Got stuck on Hugging Trees scenario since, the brakes in the other cab won’t work after trying to cut in the brakes in the 928 cab.

14. Princess Entrapta

I got stuck on it for about half an hour because it told me to turn the power off, which I spent ages flipping back and forth, removing the brake key and reverser, etc. but none of it affected the scenario progress until I'd gotten out of the cab and walked over to look at the fallen tree, which was partly obscured around the bend in the track. This unlisted objective had me stuck for ages until I went to the map screen and noticed there was still a marker further down the track.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You have to cut out brakes and remove the brake key after putting brake into off. Turn off the power button as well

16. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did all that and as soon as I put in but in the brakes in the 928 cab, the brake lever was locked in position and I couldn’t get the brakes working properly. Had to resort to the Parking brake to slow down, not that it helped in the slightest…

17. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

You have to insert the brake key and then turn the key to cut the brakes in, then the brake lever will move as it should.

18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

My wife treated me to Niddertalbahn this afternoon and I'm loving it so far. I can see me spending many an hour on this route, but one question...I assume in 1992 Germany this wasn't permitted 8016a181-d0e5-4147-81ca-78f3b305ab9a.jpeg

19. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Hello, what is the status with the patch?

20. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

DTG’s plan is apparently to put all the Niddertalbahn updates/fixes into one patch, which is why we unfortunately didn’t get a small patch to correct the few bigger errors (such as the bugged safety systems some have been writing about) at release. The route is very polished and enjoyable, so I personally have no problem waiting a bit longer than usual.

• Like Like x 3
  21. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's exactly my biggest problem. The bug with the security systems ruins the fun for me and that's why I don't play it anymore until it's patched.

22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I completely understand that. Personally don’t use safety systems, but I know that bug has annoyed many players.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

My guess is that DTG tries to release the least amount of patches possible as long as the Add Ons manager is not rolled out for all platforms. Currently they need to merge all bug fixes into two different releases what can be very tricky and is time consuming. I totally understand this, but I hope that we will get the necessary patches for Niddatalbahn and Linke Rheinstrecke anytime soon, because some of the bugs are really annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m very happy to announce that I had to get out of my driver’s seat to manually activate a level crossing today. It made me late at every subsequent station but it was worth it. It’s been a few days since I last did a run on this route as I do have to be in the right mood for it but it was a great experience as always.

• Like Like x 9
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I've had this route since it launched, but today was my first run ( Hugging Trees ).
    Even in a steady rain in twilight you can see the quality of the scenery, the little details and the artifacts that make the route so realistic. I especially like the station models and those sodium lamps, very convincing.

And the train is a real joy to drive. There's only one and I normally eschew routes that have a single loco. But, because the route and the train are so well- modeled, I'm making an exception.

This isn't a route I'll drive every day. It's a bit too quiet for long sessions. And I'm afraid I might get a little bored with repeating services. And how is the route at night, I wonder? But no question about the build quality.

I'm enjoying its " sister route " Mainz- Koblenz, ( warts 'n all ) just as much, switching back and forth between the two, now I'm in my " German mode. " ;)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  26. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's actually 2. 628 with cab car and the 365

27. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

I think the op means newly built locos, not reused modified ones

• Like Like x 1
  28. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Always nice to see Stujoy happy with a route ;)

• Like Like x 2
  29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In this hit and miss world of TSW where so many routes are in a ‘sort of’ okay state and you have to put up with some ‘stuff’ to get your enjoyment it is just refreshing to have a route that is more ‘hit’ and less ‘miss’.