Still Nothing For Promised Fixes Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grumypop51, Apr 7, 2023.

1. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

So, a quick look at the announcements page after a short holiday reveals DTG release new route/loco, then release innumerable patches for same, as per the routine of release buggy route, then patch. However, despite numerous promises from Matt and Alex, nothing, crickets. Seems to me your word definitely is not your bond, gentlemen. Please do not make any more promises regarding fixing what YOU broke, as I will not believe them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230407-021628.png

Maybe not the news you wanted, but it was highlighted in this months Roadmap that they hope to being TSW2 improvements in the next couple of months.

• Like Like x 8
  3. ctlee#2068

ctlee#2068 Active Member

Two months ago, I enjoyed reading everyone's guesses about the new route.
    I don't read now.
    DTG knows people only care new route, nobody cares old that I bought.
    If I didn't buy it, I didn't get hurt.
    It's popular that watch other people play games, you don't have to play them yourself.
    If you are good at English, watch DTG's stream, and don't play yourself, avoid bursting bubble.

• Like Like x 1
  4. grumypop51

Thanks for this, however I won't be holding my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redrev1917

I dont blame you at all, the proof will be in the pudding. Or rather early June

• Like Like x 1
  6. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I’m still waiting for the cab occlusion fix for the 377….they said a few weeks after release they’d look into it…..nothing. Makes driving at night horrible as the whole cab is lit up from the saloon lighting.

• Like Like x 3
  7. grumypop51

I'll hold you to it! :D June will be pudding day!;) I'm polishing my spoon as I write this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Jam sponge pudding, hmmmm….. (Homer Simpson voice).

• Like Like x 4
  9. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

??

10. OldVern

NVM.

11. Calidore266

Just curious what a jam sponge pudding is.

12. redrev1917

[​IMG]

Nothing fancy just a sponge pudding topped with jam (usually raspberry jam, but some weirdos use Strawberry) and usually served with custard, its a proper traditional working class predominately English dessert.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. OldVern

Our American cousins don’t know what they’re missing. On the other hand, apple pie in Denny’s a la mode. Or a real ice cream sundae in Dairy Queen. Puts a Walls Vienetta to shame.

Oh and our other great British pudding not being rude, is Spotted D1ck which is actually sponge with raisins and sultanas mixed in.

14. Calidore266

That sounds pretty excellent.

15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'll take an angiogram on the side.

Aren't they the same thing?

16. OldVern

I believe sultanas are from green grapes and raisins from black. And yes, it’s years since I actually ate anything like that, got to watch the cholesterol!

17. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

This thread is making me hungry. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Calidore266

I've never heard the term "sultanas" before. We just call them "golden raisins". More descriptive, maybe, but less exotic.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ah, that's what they are. Golden raisins. Love to know the origin of " sultanas "

20. redrev1917

So both raisins and sultanas are made with the same grape which is also called a sultana grape the only difference is in the drying technique.

21. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Back to the original discussion: I think I read somewhere, probably a post by DTG JD, that they would really love to be able to ship TSW2 fixes, but have no time to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  22. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

That's how it works for me as well. I really love to buy some of the new DLCs, but have no time to do so.

• Like Like x 11
  23. grumypop51

Well said!

• Like Like x 1
  24. grumypop51

Too busy patching and fixing the current rash of new arrivals?

• Like Like x 1
  25. karlack26

karlack26 Well-Known Member

TSW 2 is now removed form the steam store and there is a option to only buy the TSW3 core features with no routes for $25 CDN, I wont hold my breath for any fixes coming to TSW2. Its been 9 months since the last update and since the last Roadmap for TSW2 was posted.
    How long was SOS in development for in the fist place ? like how are those updates not available for TSW2 yet ?
    how is it that preservation crew updates that were in the works for over a year now are not available for TSW2 yet some how got released for TSW3.
    I was told back in September that it was boring technical reason that the updates were not available for TSW2 yet. That was 7 months ago.
    what was the dev time for TSW3 ?
    If I knew this would be the case that 10 months later the updates were not coming i would not have bought TSW2, Spirt of Steam, Peninsula Corridor last July.
    I was sold abandonware.

I spent 70 dollars on Run8 stuff this week, instead of buying DTG products.
    I wont buy TSW/TSC stuff unless its on sale or if its stuff made by 3rd party devs.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  26. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Never ever did I think there could ever be a company worse than EA. Well done DTG!

• Like Like x 2
  27. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

They have former EA employees running the shop. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like others in this thread, I've given up on DTG's "promises". Was fun to make an April Fool's joke of it though :D. If TSW2 updates, it updates. Otherwise I enjoy the game as is from time to time, but have moved on to better products. My wallet is now permanently closed to DTG products.

• Like Like x 8
  28. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So just what are some of the major fixes that TSW2 needs?I don't think anyones listed just what fixes there waiting for.

29. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So will DTG being bought by a focus group help get the TSW2 fixes sooner later or never?

• Like Like x 2
  31. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Wouldn´t bet on it.
    From NO promises kept to SOME? It can only get better from here.

And always remember: Cursing in french is like wiping your *beep* with silk. ;)

32. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

The new owners aren't a focus group; the name of their business is Focus Entertainment – very different

• Like Like x 1
  33. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

The whole batch of preservation crew updates that released for TSW3 but did not release for TSW2 (even though they were originally promised for TSW2, way before TSW3 was even announced).

• Like Like x 1
  34. grumypop51

And now, with the takeover/merger of DTG and Focus, I doubt we'll ever see the promised fixes now.

35. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Anyone who actually thought TSW2 would get the promised updates probably needs their head wobbling anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  36. grumypop51

Well, that's your self righteous opinion anyway. Thanks for the comment, but personal slagging off of others is not appreciated. Except of course, by yourself.

37. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Quite right, I deserve this!
    I mean, really, who in his sane mind would EVER believe in the words of an executive producer and a community director from DTG???
    What idiot would spend hours to produce videos and pictures on request of these guys? And of course, in the standard shape and format as every new bug announcement has to be carved in so that the DTG devs find their way to a solution?
    Only a total wacko would do such things.
    My bad!

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/derailment-buffer-block.60307/

• Like Like x 7
  38. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I’m just being realistic with my expectations, I’m not trying to slag anybody off. We know what DTG are like, everyone should have foreseen this. Sure the updates might come eventually but it will be months upon months after they said it would be, and even then it probably won’t be done properly.

this is what DTG do every time, I just can’t understand why people were seriously expecting the fixes to come anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  39. OldVern

I sincerely doubt Focus will want to spend time and resources on anything core for TSW2, in the same way that N3V fairly brutally exploit their lifecycle for Trainz and what was the latest and greatest release two years ago becomes a former product and those who don’t buy into the new version, “former” customers. I wouldn’t hold out too much for route fixes either. I mentioned Clinchfield banking comms in another thread where Matt P was active, a direct reply to his post actually, but complete silence. It goes without saying the fixes to SoS, if they come at all, will be alongside Peak Forest which will be TSW3 only. So like it or not, boys and girls, time to reach in your purse/wallet, wait for the next sale if need be, and take the plunge if you want to stay current.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I think that DTG should have got TSW2 in good shape before moving on to TSW3, it makes me believe they never learned from the issues with TSW2 which means more of the same for TSW3. The idea they cant release fixes for TSW2 smacks of cant be bothered attitude. They could at least delay one TSW3 patch / update to get a TSW2 update out. Unless the reality is they don't know how to fix TSW2 issues. I am not sure what is it, but I do know if they cant fix the products less people will buy them. I don't think the people at the top of DTG realise this

• Like Like x 2
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had expected TSW2 fixes to have been released by now. With recent events in mind I now expect an announcement that they won’t be released at all. It would be in DTG’s interest to focus just on the current games and not put any resources into obsolete older versions. They have been including TSW3 starter options in nearly all releases and lots of bundles in order to give all players the incentive to switch. TSW2 is dead.

Of course DTG could prove me wrong by releasing the fixes but even if they do they will definitely be the last fixes released and TSW2 will then be dead.

Either way, TSW2 is dead.

Dead.

• Like Like x 1
  42. grumypop51

It wasn't always so. That's what hurts the most, I think.

• Like Like x 2
  43. grumypop51

It's accepted that this version of the game is dead. However, why buy something that is virtually the same thing in a different guise, complete with all its own bugs and glitches? I'd be happy with the 'dead game', given I own most of the routes/locos and could quite happily spend another few years doing proper route learning, where I haven't mastered it yet. Were the bugs that DTG installed after updating for SOS, to be fixed as promised is all most of us want. When one looks at the forums here, and sees the number of new releases that come with patches, fixes and patches for fixes, including core updates and patches for the game itself, why would we bother sending good money after bad?

44. StrikeEagle78

I guess the other part of this is that TSW3 never had to exist in the first place. Could have just added the new features to new routes only and left the core game alone since both are essentially the same game engine. Curious who's bird brained idea it was to shed half of an already small player base by putting out this "new" version that nobody wanted and to put out that ridiculously funny marketing campaign around its release (making sure never to show gameplay or people would see the ruse!).

• Like Like x 7
  45. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

This is the truth, and the most baffling thing of all. It is clear that they're not making a lot of money from selling a "new title". The money is in selling the DLCs.
    If you look at SCS Software, they launched ETS2 in 2012 and ATS in 2016, and they're still selling DLCs as fast as they can make them. The base game also receives regular updates, and they are free to existing customers. Even old DLCs get polished now and then, to bring them on par with the latest core game changes. Again, free to existing customers. I guess it helps a lot that both titles have the exact same core, which means they can work on one codebase for both titles, and there's never a bug left behind.

When DTG forked the codebase to create TSW3, they left TSW2 behind. All TSW2 bugs were included in the TSW3 code, and now they have to be patched on two separate branches, which is not trivial. So, they focus on the latest, and leave TSW2 bugged. My guess is that they are never going to fix TSW2, as there will never be enough time to do that, when your focus is releasing new content, to make more money.

• Like Like x 9
  46. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I suspect that in-house there is only one version - TSW. There is no TSW2 or TSW3, that is just for marketing purposes. Every couple of years there will be a new base version you will have to buy in order to play anything launched after that, a way of "monetising" i.e. getting more money from people. You can get TSC for free sometimes in humble bundles or other promotions, once you have the base you only ever need to buy the DLCs you want to play, they didn't want to make that "mistake" with TSW...

Frankly they could sell the training centre for £5 and you would only need to buy that to have TSW3 instead of TSW2, but I can't see that option anywhere. No, you appear to have to buy a full TSW3 DLC, whether you want it or not...then they make bundles which cater for new players rather than old ones and make you buy stuff you already have.

It's like they would rather wash their hands of TSW2 and its existing player base and try and attract a new set of people that they can kid on for a few more years before they discover the broken promises and none existant fixes and leave.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

the problem with releasing new versions if people don't upgrade quickly then they simply have less people to sell to by each edition which could be very bad financially. You can see why they do this training centre + single route bundles

• Like Like x 1
  48. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

With Dovetail changing ownership and the head of the special projects team leaving Dovetail I think it is about time we find out the state of things as they stand now, and what is being done to move forward. This is something that should be discussed during the next roadmap stream.

• Like Like x 4
  49. redrev1917

It would be a complete PR disaster if they canned the promised upgrades to TSW2 at the 11th hour. I don't think its going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  50. StrikeEagle78

Next roadmap stream: "We're not abandoning it", "it's difficult", "it takes time because all of our machines are dedicated to TSW3 now", "we don't have a definite timeline", "we're sorry", "we assure you...". Then wait another month to hear the same thing over again.

• Like Like x 10