New Jersey Transit Main/bergen County Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CNJC1071, Dec 20, 2018.

1. CNJC1071

CNJC1071 New Member

I have another route in mind that i hope gets into the game some day. Its the New Jersey Transit Main/Bergen County Line which runs from Suffern, New York, to Hoboken Terminal in Hoboken, New Jersey

The Bergen County Line (or Bergen Line) is a commuter rail line and service owned and operated by New Jersey Transitin the U.S. state of New Jersey. The line loops off the Main Line between the Meadowlands and Glen Rock, with trains continuing in either direction along the Main Line.
    From a point in Secaucus, just south of the Hackensack River bridge near the former Harmon Cove station, to a point in East Rutherford north of the Rutherford station, the Bergen County Line uses the former Erie Railroad Main Line. This portion was opened in 1833 by the Paterson and Hudson River Railroad[2] and leased by the New York and Erie Rail Roadin 1852.[3] The rest of the line, from East Rutherford north to Glen Rock, opened in 1881 as the Bergen County Railroad.[citation needed]

Until the late 1950s, the main function of the Erie's Bergen County Cutoff was as a freight bypass of the at-grade Main Line through Passaic. Commuter service was relatively minor. In 1963 the Lackawanna Boonton Line up to Paterson became the new Erie Main Line. This was due to the abandonment of the Main Line section through downtown Passaic and also due to the fact that Interstate 80 construction used the old Boonton Line right-way in Paterson. The old Main Line up to Rutherford was now exclusively part of the Bergen Line.

Prior to the opening of Secaucus Junction in 2003, Bergen County Line trains used a longer stretch of the old Erie Main Line in Secaucus, extending south to Croxton Yard and a merge with the former Lackawanna Boonton Line. A curving track was built between the HX Draw at Hackensack River and the Main Line north of Secaucus Junction to allow Bergen County Line trains to use Secaucus Junction.

*All above info provide by Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergen_County_Line

This line would be an awesome addition to the game, you have some very old Erie stations (still standing and functioning as train stations) as well as lots of running time and even local freight service can be added too!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would love to see this route someday on Train Sim World I love the NJT line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CNJC1071

CNJC1071 New Member

So do I, i grew up with this line, i know every station, Railroad Crossing, Signal like the back of my hand, every railfan has that one line they like to call their own, well thats mine.

4. TrainHorn22

TrainHorn22 Active Member

Would love the line

5. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

• Like Like x 3