Steam Winter Sale Now On

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Martin, Dec 20, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

2. dc37mr

dc37mr New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have found a big problem, well to me at the moment, and maybe some of you.
    Having trolled around lots of offers that are now on today...(Jan 5th 2019 ), and thought about purchasing the new 'Gatwick Express' @ 50% off.
    The retail price being £7.49p. Not bad I thought.
    Bad news is, having put it in the purchase trolley, the retail price was £14.99p.! ??
    Good job I noticed, but this happened several times for other items as I started to check loads of offers.
    Anyone else having the same problem? , as it's NOT the first time this has happened to me.
    I got caught out last November when a similar offer was on and I never really noticed, ended up paying full retail price. Come on 'STEAM', what's going on?
    Derick. aka 'Del'

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The sale prices only apply through the dovetail store, not the steam store...

4. ARuscoe

5. dc37mr

dc37mr New Member

Thanks a million AR (if I may call you that). I followed your link and sorted everything out doing it your way... no problems at all and at the discounted price!
    I have to ask this though, when I am on the main menu screen DTG Train Sim 2018 and all the 6 activities are along the bottom Drive' Build, Academy, bla bla Store, am I being taken directly to the Dovetail Store, if I click on Store? It's just that it seemed a lot of finger tapping and different screens doing it your way rather than click and download all in one as I have been used to for almost 6 years with no probs until just recently. My list of locos is now 18 different screens of various types and my routes are now up to 35, mostly UK. Costing me hundreds of pounds so far.
    The wife thinks I'm mad... perhaps I am, but it keeps my 70 y.o. brain active.
    Thanks all the same, Derick.

6. ARuscoe

I've never done it that way, but I have just checked and though part one (putting the consist in your basket) aligns with the Steam Store, when you check out this then sends you to steam, with the different pricing. Don't know if DTG are aware of the issue...

I always go to the store link at the top of this website (on the desktop version anyway) and do it that way

7. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

The Store looks like it is down right now. When in game the Store Icon is grey or not lit.

8. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member