Leaked Tsw Class 700/0

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MikeOxlong, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

i would settle for the depot yard just being populated

2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The only true performance problem i see is with gen8, everything else is a "wishiwshi excuse". Just dont let make you believe something else!

In the busy german cities like dresden a way bigger amount of different trains at one spot is loaded.

No current service should be removed in l2b. Since ny trenton ,tsws worst ever produced timetable (in my opunion), i dont believe a single word anymore comming from devs mouth.

This is no way against matt or jd, yes dtg is business yes but in fact does the shortsighted business decisions of rushing out routes result in more profit? Looking at trentons timetable, its has the worst rating possible on top nobody even talks about the good things in that dlcs. Spending 2 more months on a solid timetable, customers will thank you with a good amount of purchaises.

If its that much of work for layering the 700 into l2b, i would also pay 5 euros.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Maybe there aren’t that many performance issues now but DTG will know how close they are to their benchmarks. The last thing any player of London to Brighton wants is a new layer clogging up the route so the dispatcher can’t cope and everything gets clogged and blocked or the route becomes less stable than it is now so it crashes. One thing is certain and that is that it would be a lot of work to add the layer and a lot of testing and if DTG think that there is a big possibility that the route can’t cope then all this ‘the community expects it’ talk is redundant. If it can’t be done it can’t be done. The release of the 700 is building towards its inclusion in future routes and that should be excitement enough. Everyone just needs to leave this London Commuter 700 layer talk now and get on with their lives.

• Like Like x 5
  4. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

i agree, yes it may be same old same old but people will make scenarios for it including myself. it’s getting boring now hearing people constantly winge when there’s a chance of better future routes coming that could include the 700

• Like Like x 2
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I don't see much whinging. The class 700 is an integral part of the route in real life, some of the stations on BML don't have any trains stopping there due to this missing layer, of which space was left in the timetable for if I recall.

I am sure the class 700 will feature in future routes and I do suspect eventually BML will be one of them. If it is clearly something which many of the community want I don't see the problem with them expressing that wish. If you don't speak up you would never get heard.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I agree and completely understand why the community is upset. I remember that Joe on the BML preview stream said he had left gaps ready for when a Thameslink train becomes available so not including a layer for it makes no sense. It’s the first UK train that won’t layer onto a route where it runs a regular service. That I cannot understand and I hope DTG will explain their reasoning when they return from their Easter break because right now it just stinks of laziness.

• Like Like x 4
  7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I really have no problems with paying more money because its a different variant, more effort, enhanced testing etc, but i agree explanations like "no plans to add for l2b" stinks of lazyness.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Well said theorganist - I very much agree. Community feedback and the suggestions forum is a vital part of this video game - and also agree too that nobody is whinging, but simply there's a lot passionate TSW players. London Commuter has quite a lot of unrealistic services to make the timetable busier (though I still think this was a great decision), but there's nothing wrong with wishing to have such a loco DLC finally coming to TSW for a route it's most associated with in real life!

Of course there's still a lot of excitement for the 700 in TSW regardless. But, literally the whole point of Thameslink is connecting its network north and south of the Thames via Central London with through services!

Without Thameslink represented with the BML in TSW, it would seem very odd to have just future busy mainline routes being potentially just AC north of the Thames - which wouldn't be fair or realistic as that means just SEHS with its 80 or so services would represent its DC network south of the river. Moreover, the 700 being AC/DC is a reason why it's a popular and highly-requested loco for TSW. Anyway, the 700 shouldn't be focused for just new routes, but getting it to work with existing content like London Commuter too considering how the BML is a vital part of its real-life network. It would be like having the ICE 1 with just Bremen-Oldenburg, but not with Kassel-Wurzburg.

But imagine though if there were an ECML South route in TSW, but didn't actually include any 700 or 387 services at all, or separately, no high-speed services at all - there would certainly be a lot, maybe even more, whinging. The 700 is AC/DC, so it should be for routes both north and south of the Thames.

• Like Like x 4
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

But if it can’t be added there due to technical issues or limitations with the game and that route in particular then none of that matters. It just can’t come to BML. I’m sure DTG want the 700 in BML as much as the players. We’ll have to wait and see what happens over a longer period of time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

How have you managed to deduce that? There is zero evidence for this based on what DTG have said.

• Like Like x 4
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That was one part of a longer paragraph and a follow on to my other post earlier. It’s not an absolute to be taken out of context. I’m not saying it can’t ever come. I’m saying if the issues and limitations of the route at present before any optimisation or whatever prevents it from coming now then the calls for it are irrelevant because it can’t happen.

DTG have talked about the route needing more work to it before even the Rush Hour passengers can come and a loco DLC layer is out of the question before that extensive work is done. I know some players are calling for them to get on with doing that work but if it isn’t in their plans then they aren’t going to do it. It’s nothing I’ve made up, DTG have just said there are no plans for a 700 layer in BML.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mbjbjm#7281

mbjbjm#7281 Well-Known Member

You’re not an engineer working on the game so I’m struggling to see why you not seeing any performance issues is relevant? The people who built the game clearly know there are performance issues. They have no other reason not to release it on BML.

• Like Like x 4
  13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I feel like continuing to talk about the 700 on bml is almost 'pointless.' dtg have already said they aren't bringing it to bml. Even if they gave the real reason why it isn't possible, players would still be unhappy. There's no win win situation. Dtg have already said it's not coming. Until they say something official about its appearance if ever, we'll just have to live with it until it happens.

• Like Like x 2
  14. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Personally, it would be nice to have the 700 on BML as I would be able to enjoy the route and timetable without having to be in an Electrostar but I don't know the route well enough to notice the 700s are missing from the route as it seems packed already so I am not going to lose the plot about it not being there.

Come on mate TSW has Scenario Planner!!;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I agree. Coming from 33 pages of frustration from NYT route thread, nothing we say will change anything

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Well, DTG have also said that they’re not doing vintage German routes because they’re too difficult and modern stuff is more interesting. I and many others on the forums didn’t stop talking about how much we want old stuff and look where we are now.

• Like Like x 4
  17. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, your point makes sense. It just feels like whenever I watch this thread, it's just endless back and forth talking about the 700 on bml or people talking over each other about it or in some cases arguing and fighting over it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

If it’s not coming to the BML nothings being lost as it isn’t there at the minute and people enjoy the route, though I don’t know how with the endless amount of electrostars and dull scenery!!

I am most excited about the opportunities it opens up for the future like the ECML!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Make no assumptions was just trains who did midland mainline for ts classic but it’s skyhook doing mml for tsw3

• Like Like x 1
  20. theorganist

Two of the Just Trains developers have developed a freeware Preston to Blackpool route for TSC so personally I would think it is more likely their route but you never know but they have been developing for TSW longer than ATS.

• Like Like x 3
  21. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

that’s pretty much how the bml is in real life…..I can’t see how the scenery is really any different to most other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  22. olly.smail

maybe it’s just me who doesn’t see the excitement in the route but idk, maybe it is because it only has electrostars. scenery wise, in comparison to say the ecml south, the journey out of london is fairly bland in contrast to passing places like arsenal stadium, twisting through suburbs and tunnels and other landmarks like Alexandra palace, but then again i am fairly biased as it is my local line

• Like Like x 3
  23. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

And it’s just as dull and boring in real life. The reason the scenery looks the same as other routes is because dog are too scared to venture away from se England and the annoying electrostars that plague the area!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Whilst there aren't any stadia to speak of on the route I'd hardly say there's no urban scenery in South London. It may not be replicated on the route in game, but between Victoria and Croydon is all relatively built up area, though maybe not to the density of North London
    With regards to tunnels there are several on the line and in game, indeed the split between fast and slow lines and the tunnels which come out above the M25 are in game as are tunnels in Sussex.

• Like Like x 1
  25. theorganist

I don't find it a boring route to drive personally plus I like the fact it is a decent length full route. I would like to see something to break the monotony of the electrostars, which obviously and ironically the class 700 would do. A class 455 for the London end would be nice but I fear that would be pushing the boat out too much.

26. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

London routes tend to sell the best. At least they did for tsc. I’d hazard a guess to say it’s the same for TSW.
    It also helps that DTG are based in the SE

27. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's fair or right to say unless you have solid up to date data and proof.

• Like Like x 3
  28. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

You can back this up with evidence I assume?

• Like Like x 1
  29. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I personally found the ECML on tsc as dull as dishwater. A few HS runs up to Peterborough and a couple of stopping services were enough for me. Once you past Barnet there’s nothing but flat dull fields. Can’t say it’s a route I’d be hoping for for TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  30. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I think this thread is starting to go a little off-topic - should be discussing the 700, not arguing 'which route/region sells the best' or 'this route's scenery is better than that'.

• Like Like x 3
  31. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Ask DTG yourself?

32. marcsharp2

So, no then.

• Like Like x 5
  33. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

[Removed - Insulting, Inappropriate]

34. marcsharp2

So why make the claim then? In the real world, claims are usually backed up by evidence. Oh and drop the insult. It doesn't make you look clever.

• Like Like x 5
  35. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Because I’ve both seen and heard reports that London routes sold the most on tsc. Many years ago. Articles which surprisingly I didn’t save the link to as I didn’t know your highness would demand to see it.
    Even without the “evidence” I think it’s a fairly safe assumption.
    What’s the most densely populated part of the U.K.? The south east and London. Correct.
    Train simming is niche. You’re more likely to have more train sim fans in that area than you are in the north. If you don’t get that, there’s no helping you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  36. marcsharp2

Ah so something you heard many years ago, well that's all the evidence we need. Oh and just because an area potentially has more fans, doesn't mean a DLC set in that area is gonna outsell any other DLC. Really surprised you didn't figure that out.

• Like Like x 4
  37. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

How is an argument about what the best selling route is relevant to the class 700? Exactly, it’s not. Let’s all just leave it be and get back to topic

• Like Like x 5
  38. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Christ alive. You’re thicker than the burgers you shove down your gob. An area with a higher population is naturally gonna have a higher chance of having more sales. And as previously stated it’s much easier and cheaper for DTG to research local routes than it is those further away.

39. marcsharp2

And again with the insult. I know you think you're being clever but honestly it just makes you look childish and I pity you. Birmingham has a higher population than Leicester, so there is a chance that Birmingham will have more sales than Leicester...but it doesn't make it more popular so more routes should be based there, and not everyone who works on DLC's for TSW live in the south east. So again, the claim is yours. You need the evidence to back it up, insults and hearsay isn't evidence no matter how often you say it. I hope that clears it up for you.

• Like Like x 6
  40. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

[Removed]

41. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you took this as rote the SEHS should be the most accurate and detailed route in the game. It's not.
    I'm not going to argue about sales etc because DTG have stated that BML and SEHS are some if not THE most played route in the game, but some of your statements are untrue

• Like Like x 1
  42. olly.smail

why are you insulting people for asking for proof of information you’re giving out? not needed is it

• Like Like x 5
  43. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

well that’s due to lazy ness from DTG if you believe the SEHS is inaccurate. Apart from some missing scenery which I believe wasn’t included due to no one available to model said scenery at the time, I’d say it’s a pretty good representation of the route.

44. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

What makes you think that you can speak to someone like that? What level of authority in your mind makes you feel that you can belittle people and insult people?

You are extremely fortunate that people can take it on the chin, I wouldn't be the same.

• Like Like x 4
  45. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I’m [Removed] already mate. No really I am.

46. alexjjones6024

Answer the question? Perhaps for once, you may be able to use a small amount of intelligence that you seemed to have lacked using today..

• Like Like x 3
  47. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

[Removed]

48. olly.smail

mate please if you’re just gonna be an arse to everyone just leave the forums, i’m pretty sure people who insult others just over things like evidence over a point you made isn’t necessary or welcome here tbh

• Like Like x 5
  49. alexjjones6024

Yawn, inbox me if you have a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  50. olly.smail

well even judging by the popularity/relevance in here alex had ‘well-known member’ and you have ‘active member’ sorta defeating your point

• Like Like x 1